Namirs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Namirs on Dec 5, 11 7:01 AM
Did you put gum on string? pole,string then gum it should work in that order at least it did for me. Still waiting for answer to my post on prying clock open because NO Pick is beside it like game says.

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition Blue Screen of Death?

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Dec 5, 11 10:02 AM
I can't load this game. Every time I click on it, I get the Blue Screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

keesacat
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post any Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by keesacat on Dec 5, 11 2:36 PM
I've become a non-beleiver in these things. Too many times I've bought the collecters editions only to be disappointed in the whole thing. This time I can't finish the game and I'm at the very end (of the game and my rope!)
I would either like my money returned or some help with the game.

I'm at the decoder and I don't have all of the clues, am missing one. No reference to it in the strategy guide and can't find the game in the advanced forum search.
I've gone back to the beginning of the bonus game 4x's and there's nothing I've missed. Been thru the Strategy guide as many times and there's no reference to the one code that I'm missing. What's up with that?
Can someone please help me?

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 2:37:48 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 6, 11 10:31 AM
moxiemoll, you may want to see if updating your system will help with the blue screen as sometimes outdated components can affect how a game displays. Here is a help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

keesacat, please take a look at this thread for help with the decoder: bonus game (you can click on this link)

If you are continuing to have troubles with the game after these suggestions, please feel free to write in to Tech Support so that our reps can help you one-on-one. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Dec 8, 11 10:16 AM
I have been working on this game for a day,but when I turned on my computer this morning, the game booted up to a scene but the cursor will not take me anywhere else. I have uninstalled and re-installed...no change!! Help, please!!

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

I have been working on this game for a day,but when I turned on my computer this morning, the game booted up to a scene but the cursor will not take me anywhere else. I have uninstalled and re-installed...no change!! Help, please!!

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 8, 11 11:53 AM
Hi momma0_7,

If uninstalling and reinstalling your game didn't help, please give the other steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help either, your may want to try starting over with a new player profile.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support, and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Dec 8, 11 2:28 PM
am still feeling like the new kid on the block re games etc, but it seems there are quite alot of games out there with installation probs? or is it just me?????

[Post New]by Spyryt on Dec 20, 11 10:49 PM
I too am having an issue with the rabbits in the bonus game. The rest of the game has run beautifully to this point but each time the rabbits jump from the hat it freezes. I'd really like to be able to finish this. Thanks in advance.

rosir wrote:
agnesnic wrote:Anyone else have a game freezing problem when the rabbits jump out of the tophat in the Bonus Game play? Tried closing done and reloading but game freezes everytime after the five rabbits jump out of the hat and I am therefore unable to pick up the blue key. I haven't seen any updates to iron out bugs - have there been any?

Same problem. Was this ever resolved?

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Dec 28, 11 2:24 AM
I keep downloading game and every time I get "access violation 0x4FF4688F game terminated". I have uninstalled numerous times and reinstalled and get the same message as soon as game starts. It's so frustrating/maddening. It looks like a really interesting fun game, but I can't even get past the introduction. ALSO, I noticed that right when it finishes downloading and I go to play the game, I noticed that it puts a "listing" of the game in my Recycle Bin. Never seen that before! I really hope we can get some fixes for this game??!! Thanks.

[Post New]by foolsmagic on Jan 1, 12 9:13 AM
I took a wrong turn i guess and ended up in a town but it will not let me go back, or to anything in the town it is just stuck there. forgot to do the thingy with poisonous plants now i cannot do anything i have uninstalled and reinstalled and i do not want to have to play the game from beginning again under another name this sucks. waste of money

[Post New]by Bond28 on Jan 28, 12 4:28 AM
I had the stick-gum issue early on,but now think I've hot a bug late on. I need to slash open the painting with BOON daubed on it in red letters. The Walkthrough tells me that to do that, I need to use a razor blade I should have from a HOS in the trophy room. Only I have nothing in my inventory and the trophy room is not offering me any further HOS. What shouldI do??

msminton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by msminton on Mar 20, 12 4:54 PM
agnesnic wrote:Anyone else have a game freezing problem when the rabbits jump out of the tophat in the Bonus Game play? Tried closing done and reloading but game freezes everytime after the five rabbits jump out of the hat and I am therefore unable to pick up the blue key. I haven't seen any updates to iron out bugs - have there been any?

This happened to me as well. Second game in a row I haven't been able to finish because of this kind of problem. Very disappointing and it's getting a little expensive as well.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on May 3, 12 10:32 AM

I'm having the same problem. I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out, go back in and it does the same thing again.

[Post New]by Menacer on Jul 7, 12 12:00 AM
This game started well. sadly because ive moved the gum before attatching the twine im now stuck. Only the twine will move and will not attatch to the bamboo or anything. (following on the online walkrough guide) I cant move the gum back to position "v" So thats it for me, game over. I dont want to spend anymore time on a game that glitches like at.

7ruhnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by 7ruhnr on Jul 29, 12 10:14 AM
angelfishsb wrote:When we have technical issues are we just crying to each other when we post here or is there someone who will actually help us??

7ruhnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by 7ruhnr on Jul 29, 12 10:22 AM
I am having a problem with the gallery. When I complete the bomb sequence I get the hacksaw to open the hotel, but not the mask that was added after I completed the previous two segments. I played without it up to where I needed it to open the next door. Went back uninstalled the game and reinstalled it , still no mask,. Then I deleted the player profile and relayed the game. Still no mask. What have I missed? the walkthrough shows the mask in inventory after the gallery sequence. Hope someone can help

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Jan 13, 13 5:27 PM
Bond28 wrote:I had the stick-gum issue early on,but now think I've hot a bug late on. I need to slash open the painting with BOON daubed on it in red letters. The Walkthrough tells me that to do that, I need to use a razor blade I should have from a HOS in the trophy room. Only I have nothing in my inventory and the trophy room is not offering me any further HOS. What shouldI do??

I have the same problem. I'm stuck at the end of the game, unable to finish because I never got the razor. I completed the HOS that is referenced in the strategy guide, but never got the razor. Reading through the reviews, I get the sense this is a glitchy game and I wish I hadn't paid good money for it.

Go to: