opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Fruit Mania technical issues here only

[Post New]by opiesmom on Feb 18, 12 8:56 AM
Can I respectfully request that the moderators stop posting this sort of message? I have never found the customer support or technical support pages or email replies to be of any help. they just give very basic generic info and never address the game specific problem. Plus if there was any help, why not just post the specific fix in the actual game instructions so we don't have to wast our time going to other pages.

In short, if you want to sell me a game and I have a problem with it, I expect you to make it as easy for me as possible to fix it. It is not my responsibility to search all over your website for help whe you are trying to seduce me into buying.

bfgRhone wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you all for letting us know about the issue with the black screen popping up when playing this game. We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into it.

If you haven't already, could you write in to Customer Support about this? It'll help us determine how many users are affected by this.

Please include a <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688">Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report</a> together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers so they have a better chance of figuring out where the problems are coming from.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

[Post New]by GYPSY1948 on Feb 18, 12 9:15 AM
I can get the game to load up to where it says play but then all I get is a black screen
but it is still telling I played for 6 mins

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Feb 18, 12 10:07 AM
bertiepuppy wrote:You guys are lucky - all I get is a total black screen with a cursor and then it tells me that I have played for 20 minutes when I only downloaded it 5 minutes earlier.

Same here. Everything is fine until I hit play and then just black screen gold cursor.
Am. Disappoint.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Feb 18, 12 10:09 AM
opiesmom wrote:Can I respectfully request that the moderators stop posting this sort of message? I have never found the customer support or technical support pages or email replies to be of any help. they just give very basic generic info and never address the game specific problem. Plus if there was any help, why not just post the specific fix in the actual game instructions so we don't have to wast our time going to other pages.

In short, if you want to sell me a game and I have a problem with it, I expect you to make it as easy for me as possible to fix it. It is not my responsibility to search all over your website for help whe you are trying to seduce me into buying.

Thank you all for letting us know about the issue with the black screen popping up when playing this game. We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into it.

If you haven't already, could you write in to Customer Support about this? It'll help us determine how many users are affected by this.

Please include a <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688">Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report</a> together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers so they have a better chance of figuring out where the problems are coming from.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

And you know what? I'm pretty sick of this too. Not one time has that been helpful to me. Good Post. They need to have people in the chat to discuss this BS, rather than run us around finding answers. We're the customers.
And I'm cranky because more and more of these BFGs are not running.

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on Feb 18, 12 10:36 AM
mamamaggie wrote:
LWensel wrote:same problem as above I can sign in and it tells me how to play but when you click play it goes to a black screen and gets stuck there. tried to get out with c+a+delete and that didn't work had to manually turn off computer!!! too bad, i was looking forward to a match 3 game

Me too. Very sad that all I get is the black screen. I hope this is fixed soon

This is all I get as well.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 18, 12 10:39 AM
Im with you on that Liz_Lemon, what is the matter with these mods, one tells you to look at freezing screen etc, but the one i like on there is to look at issues with a BLANK SCreen, wakkkky, wakkky mods its an issue with a BLACK SCREEN, derrrrrr.
I too have the black screen of death but i know if i do a green envelope question i will get the same reply as always.....try this browser, try that browser......change this setting, change that setting.
They just dont have a clue so its pass the buck onto the customer. you (the mods) can see whats wrong so why oh why do you want customers to do screen shots, doctor felix,etc,etc ?, it wont fix the problem.
It should be taken off until it is fixed and we can then try the full demo again.
Dont they test these games before releasing them ? ( the developers and also BF).
Sloppy company practice if you ask me and a couldnt careless attitude, just roll it out anyway.

[Post New]by Th8reCrazyRedhed on Feb 18, 12 11:33 AM
Liz_Lemon wrote:
opiesmom wrote:Can I respectfully request that the moderators stop posting this sort of message? I have never found the customer support or technical support pages or email replies to be of any help. they just give very basic generic info and never address the game specific problem. Plus if there was any help, why not just post the specific fix in the actual game instructions so we don't have to wast our time going to other pages.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

And you know what? I'm pretty sick of this too. Not one time has that been helpful to me. Good Post. They need to have people in the chat to discuss this BS, rather than run us around finding answers. We're the customers.
And I'm cranky because more and more of these BFGs are not running.

Ditto. And you know what else? Unless you start offering something OTHER than hidden object games, I'm going to cancel my 7 year subscription. The one game that comes out that doesn't have an insipid storyline and the same objects to look for over and over again, and we can't even play it. I'm about done.

rebel911
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rebel911 on Feb 18, 12 1:43 PM
the game is doing the same i bought it before i tried it because i am hooked on match 3 games. what do i do?

[Post New]by MISSMISTRY on Feb 18, 12 1:49 PM
First match-3 in ages & I cannot even play it. On top of the blank screen when I close it down, I have to restart my laptop as the audio stays on & the crickets where making me cranky!!

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Feb 18, 12 2:02 PM
Same issues at the others, game opens, I get the little tutorial, then hit play and black screen with cursor is all you get. Had to shut down to stop it.

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Feb 18, 12 2:18 PM
I get a blank screen as well. Cannot play the game. I have tried the troubleshooting issues. It is a problem on your end that needs a fix.

[Post New]by jmmyrick on Feb 18, 12 6:36 PM
I have the same problem as many of the other posters are having. The game loads and goes through the instructions, but when you click on the play button the screen goes black and the only thing onscreen is the cursor.
Trying to close the game down was an ordeal as well.
Sadly, it seems that the quality of the games that you find on BigFish these days has bottomed out. I continually run into these games that simply don't work, or by the time the bugs are worked out, the users have been jerked around so much that I have lost interest in the game.
I am going to have to reconsider keeping my club membership.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Feb 19, 12 12:44 AM
Black screen then crash!

htbhills
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by htbhills on Feb 19, 12 4:26 AM
So disappointing, all I get is a blank screen with unmovable cursor. I was really looking forward to playing a M3 game for the first time in ages, and this one looked especially cute and promising.

Please work on your quality control, Big Fish!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 12 4:41 AM
Hi Fishies,

I know there have been reports of this game returning a black screen. We apologise greatly for this inconvenience

The good news is, we have found a workaround!

Our team have been working hard to provide a resolution and we have found that assigning more privileges to your game, can help prevent this issue!

I would encourage anyone experiencing this issue, to follow the advice in the following Help Article:

Run Game as Administrator

You will only have to do this once and just to let you know, the game may take a little longer starting after this adjustment has been made. This means that the Play button need only be pressed once and if you have to wait a little longer than usual, that's perfectly normal!

If after making this change, you are still experiencing issues, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Hope this is helpful and Happy Gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 4:41:56 AM PST

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Feb 19, 12 6:17 AM
I tried running the program as administrator as per the instructions, and now the game will not start at all. I have contacted customer support. Myabe someone will post that this fix has worked for them.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 6:18:46 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 12 7:56 AM
Hi drgncollector11,

It sounds like that didn't work for you, what a shame!

I would encourage you to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

That way, our Reps will be able to provide some advice specific to your machine. I would also encourage you to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report with your email as this should speed the process up!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 7:57:57 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 12 8:23 AM
Hi Everyone!

We can see that this solution is not working for some Fishies and so we have taken a closer a look at what we can do.

There is a slight adjustment that needs to be made to the initial process we outlined, I will include some steps to follow below.

Please note that this issue occurs with Windows 7 and Vista Operating Sytems only, so Windows XP users should be ok!

1. Open the Start menu (Windows ‘pearl’ button) in the lower left corner of your desktop.

2. In the Search box at the bottom, type Folder Options and hit the 'Enter' key.

3. Click on the 'View' tab and check 'Show hidden files and folders,' then click 'OK.'

4. Return to the 'Start' menu and select 'Computer' then double-click 'Local Disk ( C: ),' and then open the 'Program Files' folder.

**Please note: If you have a 64 bit system, open the 'Program Files (x86)' folder instead**

5. Find and open the folder for your game.

6. From here, locate the executable file for the game--this is a faded icon with the game's title, Fruit Mania.

7. Right-click on this file, select run as administrator.

8. NB. If the box to Run this program as an administrator box in the Privilege Level section is checked, please uncheck it and save your changes.

9. Once finished, please reopen the game.

Again, I would encourage anyone who finds the error persists after making this change, to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I would also encourage you to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report with your email so we can get a better sense of the issue.

Sorry for any confusion!

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 2:29:30 PM PST

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Feb 19, 12 8:47 AM
This worked for me. What did it change that the game was playable, and why did it not work in the first place?

PowickE
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by PowickE on Feb 19, 12 9:04 AM
Removed the game as I cannot be bothered with games that don't work in the first place. Lazy I know but seriously these things should be sorted before publication.

Also agree about the lack of non hidden object games currently available, variety is the spice of life after all!

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 9:06:06 AM PST

Go to: