blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition Available!

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Jan 7, 12 2:31 AM
With out this walk through I would not have finished this game.

Thank you.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition Available!

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 7, 12 10:11 AM
XtreemNorth wrote:I am just curious if anyone has played this game and did not have to look at the walkthrough or SG. Hats off to you if you did.
I didn't look at the SG at all and I'd finished before there was a walkthrough. I asked two or three questions in the forum though.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 7, 12 4:16 PM
blueteal44 wrote:With out this walk through I would not have finished this game.

Thank you.

Glad to hear that you found the walkthrough helpful blueteal44

Take care,

MargieB

kgirlstarr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kgirlstarr on Jan 8, 12 8:57 AM
I am still having problems blowing up the mom in the bed- I have the dinomite and i know where the pie is - how do I use it to move forward?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 8, 12 9:06 AM
Pick around in the pie to make some space and you can put the dynamite into it.
You can't blow mom up though until you have read Charles' patient records (for which you need the number on the tape) and seen the photograph.

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 2:34:02 PM PST

[Post New]by lovemydoxie on Jan 8, 12 3:42 PM
Can someone help me. I am not able to get the proposal key. I am almost sure I picked it up whrn the head blew up but now I am ready to go into that gate and there is no key in inventory? Please help...I really dont want to start over again. The strategy guide really is worthless.

Thanks so much for any help

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 9, 12 10:00 AM
lovemydoxie wrote:Can someone help me. I am not able to get the proposal key. I am almost sure I picked it up whrn the head blew up but now I am ready to go into that gate and there is no key in inventory? Please help...I really dont want to start over again. The strategy guide really is worthless.

Thanks so much for any help

Hi lovemydoxie,

Have you tried scrolling through all your inventory items? Sometimes the items can get sort of stuck in a corner. Hover your mouse at the end of your inventory to see if it appears.

Sometimes just exiting the game completely and coming back to it may make the items reappear.

Hope this helps.

MargieB

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jan 9, 12 2:24 PM
Just started and I'm already stuck! I have the iron bar and the SG says to use it on the lock, but that does not work. Can someone help me with this, please??

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jan 9, 12 2:26 PM
My previous message means the lock on the lighthouse, sorry!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 9, 12 2:30 PM
Wrong place. The bar is for the cottage.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition Available

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 10, 12 10:01 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote:I am just curious if anyone has played this game and did not have to look at the walkthrough or SG. Hats off to you if you did.
I didn't look at the SG at all and I'd finished before there was a walkthrough. I asked two or three questions in the forum though.

I am impressed that you did it without a walkthrough. I am playing it a second time and having problems even with a walkthrough. I think I might be able to do it if I dont get anxious. To me this is probably one of the most challenging games I have played. I like challenging myself, wondering how far can I go if I take my time and really think it through. But, dang I dont know my problem I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Out of curiousity Mr Russ, how did you do it? I have to say your smart.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition Available

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 10, 12 10:04 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Definitely not me! I usually play games like this without an SG/walkthrough (in fact, I usually write the walkthroughs for another site), but I definitely couldn't have done this one without the SG.

That must really take alot of patience and attention to detail to write a walkthrough.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 10, 12 12:28 PM
Out of curiousity Mr Russ, how did you do it? I have to say your smart.
Thank you. I come from a large file adventure game background.

Help with Door Tokens Please

[Post New]by Chancedotcom on Jan 12, 12 11:39 PM
All the door tokens except the one on the wallpaper are sparkling. I have used a magnifying glass trying to line-up that last token on the wallpaper. It looks like it's lined-up, the token leaves the wallpaper, but there's no sparkle and it won't work in the tank. All the others worked.

Many thanks for suggestions.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Help with Door Tokens Please

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 13, 12 1:30 AM
Chancedotcom wrote:All the door tokens except the one on the wallpaper are sparkling. I have used a magnifying glass trying to line-up that last token on the wallpaper. It looks like it's lined-up, the token leaves the wallpaper, but there's no sparkle and it won't work in the tank. All the others worked.

Many thanks for suggestions.

You don't need a magnifying glass for the token. Just zoom in on the i.v. drip of the guy in the hospital bed - the one you gave the red pills to. You can line the token up there.

Abriela51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Abriela51 on Jan 13, 12 7:46 AM
Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Abriela51 on Jan 6, 12 7:36 AM
I have the collectors addition and I am stuck with the music boxes. I have the blue, green and yellow handles and the red handle is not in the bed in the asylum with the dead guy who took the 5 blue pills. The strategy guide said it would be on his bed by the pillow I have looked everywhere. Any suggestions?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 13, 12 11:24 AM
Abriela51 wrote:Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Abriela51 on Jan 6, 12 7:36 AM
I have the collectors addition and I am stuck with the music boxes. I have the blue, green and yellow handles and the red handle is not in the bed in the asylum with the dead guy who took the 5 blue pills. The strategy guide said it would be on his bed by the pillow I have looked everywhere. Any suggestions?
Did you find and click on the picture showing the location of the red handle? Go back to the asylum, zoom in on the mannequin sitting outside the front door in the snow and click on the picture on his lap. That should unlock the location for the red handle.

Abriela51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Abriela51 on Jan 15, 12 5:48 PM
Thank you for your help I did go back to the statue on the porch in the snow and look at the picture it shows in the asylum on the bed next to mustached dead guy where I put the pills in to kill him the red handle i s not in the picture or on the bed floor under pillow or anywhere in that room any suggestions or do I have start game all over again?

Abriela51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Abriela51 on Jan 15, 12 5:52 PM
I am sorry i meant the room in the hospital nothing there/ thanks for helping, I really appreciate this. This game is kinda confusing.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 15, 12 11:22 PM
Abriela51 wrote:I am sorry i meant the room in the hospital nothing there/ thanks for helping, I really appreciate this. This game is kinda confusing.
SeverinSnape wrote:Go back to the asylum and check the lap of the mannequin sitting outside the front door in the snow and make sure to click on the picture he is holding.
You can't retrieve any of the objects until you've clicked on their photograph first.

Go to: