krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 11, 11 7:48 AM
I don't like the dark and grainy graphics.

I also can't stand the nasally voice of the woman in the voice overs. And does she really have to say all those OBVIOUS things?? Thankfully, not all text was read out loud. But since there's no option to turn off voice, this got on my nerves quickly even in the short amount of demo time I played.

I didn't like the H0 scenes either, for some reason. I think it's the graphics quality. Dark, and not really sharp and clear.

Gameplay itself seemed interesting. This could have been good except for the poor quality (dark!!) graphics and annoying and stupid spoken lines. Just my opinion of course.

Think I'll pass on this one.

Orome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Orome on Dec 12, 11 7:35 AM
Wow! intriguing storyline, especially when time travel beginning, I liked it

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 12, 11 3:15 PM
I have some negatives to add about this game - did the demo and loved the different game play - bought the game - it is a LONG game with lots of running back and forth and across five time periods

I got so very tired of constantly changing times I was getting jet leg

About 3/4 through the game I just wanted it to be over - see the ending and move one. But NOOOO

Spoiler Alert *************

There is no ending - you begin to watch the final movie and in the middle of finding out what happens to Merlin and the witch a "to be continued" pops up and then the credits roll

I will NOT be buying the next installment. This game is not worth the time to finish it.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 16, 11 4:40 PM
I'm a bit on the fence with this one, but I must say it took me a looong time to play it, so I got my money's worth there. I loved the time travel, especially how you could change the future, but got so weary of it I was glad everything took place in one era at the end....well, non-end! I was dying to see Merlin not as a tree!! I dunno, it was different enough that I'm sure I'll buy the SE of the second part, especially with a sale. Or DD.

I must add, I've NEVER had to check a walk through so much ever!! Just kept getting lost in space.

[Post New]by ritasmiff on Dec 20, 11 2:29 PM
Hi- I like this game I am only half way through but felt I had to tell somebody that having to work for your hint is a great idea first time I have come across it. Also think the grapics are really good am really enjoying this one, back to it....thanks.

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Dec 30, 11 5:29 AM
Why is it some games give you the option to switch to PC curser, then when i click on it it will not change and I have to use the big bulky game curser? I never buy a game where I cant use the PC curser, I find the game cursers always slows my game way down, it drags and lags.. another game I wont buy.... I so wanted this game till it would not let me switch!!!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 8:54 AM
I bought this game on a credit, I think I got more than I want it, the game was very long, a lot of movement back and forward, I actually enjoyed the game, for a SE and "free" I think it was absolutely Worth it.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 12, 12 4:20 PM
Enjoyed this game and the subject. Graphics/animations were great. A skip button that never needs to charge which is great because you will need it to find your way around at times. The time jumping is a lot of fun. Quite a few IHOGs...especially toward the end which tends to get on ones nerves, however for those "time relative" gamers, these are, but can be hard to see as some are very small and hidden. Also, there seems to be an option to either play the HOG or do a mini game.

Got confusing at times, and you jump around a lot so be prepared for that. Otherwise definately worth your money and time....the ending sucks however, so be prepared...and don't worry if the time machine stops working toward the end, its suppose to. I just about freaked out. LOL, hope you enjoy it, cause I did.

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Jan 21, 12 1:26 AM
I have just finished this after many hours of bouncing from Walkthrough to game to grinding my teeth. It was interesting and I am downloading Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. I have only recently started keeping track of developers who produce games I enjoy. This team will be worth watching for. I will be really pleased with me when I get through without hints or helps; say when I'm 95 or so. (I am already retired, but I still have time... Nehmah

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Jan 23, 12 9:03 PM
Loved this game! Everything about it was grrrrreat! I don't listen to the music so it didn't bother me one little bit. Nice long story with lots of puzzles and the change to the match 3 was a plus. Really nice for a change of pace. CONTINUED??? Wow, I'll be watching for it. Can't wait. Good challenge, good pace, good game to replay.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 26, 12 1:29 PM
i enjoy this game, like the concept of time travel. not one of those games you can play while watching football, tho, as attention must be paid to keep track. don't find the help button to be much of a bonus when stuck, as it usually goes to the time travel machine. i muted the sound, so no issues there, and think the graphics are good. i am surprised there isn't more feedback. i guess this one came out with too many others that appealed more to the majority of the pond.
i do have an issue with the walkthroughs..i do't see that they are exactly in order, or too confusing at least in some areas. i have not been able to figure out how to get into the bedroom in the 1500s... hence my foray into the forums...looks like i will have to go back and try to discover what i am doing wrong on my own...altho having spent a few hours now has garnered me nothing but frustration. Never Give Up!

growlybear1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by growlybear1 on Jan 29, 12 1:19 PM
This was one of the worst games I've ever played. Too much jumping around from one time period to another.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jan 30, 12 12:43 PM
very good part one
lots of using the map and jumping around
great Ho games...lol
and some of them were slow and troublesome

To be continued? NOT A COMPLETE GAME

[Post New]by Artistaplm on Feb 5, 12 5:04 AM
Overall I liked the game - but agree with some posters in the Reviews that the HOGs were repetitious - however, I was VERY disappointed to get "TO BE CONTINUED"....do I have to purchase the collecter edition now or another game? To that end, it is a rip off. You are not able to complete the "task".
I totally agree with Breezeie66's comment (below).

Breezeie66 wrote:Most "continued" games at least have a denouement and continue from there in the next release. THIS ONE remains completely unresolved as to the games stated original goal. Goal NOT achieved! So you must PAY TWICE for the complete game ... or will that be 3 times? THIS IS A PARTIAL GAME.

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 5:05:21 AM PST

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Feb 20, 12 12:47 PM
I really liked this game. I bought it and then played over several days, it took quite a while, which to me is important. The graphics in the HOGs were a little grainy, but hey, they were also quite pretty. I liked jumping around in time, because you had to think about what to do (Thanks Walkthrough!) The puzzles were average, not too hard. I would have appreciated a little more info at the end than "to be continued", but darn it, they got me hooked and now I will buy the next one too.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Feb 25, 12 6:52 AM
OMG! That was my first thought when I started playing but once I got used to using the Time Machine to look for areas of interest I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I agree with the comments about junk piles HOS. I find it much more enjoyable to have cleverly hidden objects in an uncluttered screen than an object just dropped into a pile.
Having said that, the storyline, music and graphics were good.
I bought "Time Mysteries: Inheritance" at the same time as this and I'm looking forward to tackling it.

Many thanks.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 13, 12 8:23 PM
Whew!! Am I glad I made it through this game! I loved it and hated it all at the same time. I do NOT like HOS so this was a total nightmare for me, as far as that goes. I did option to play the match 3 quite a few times just to break up the monatony. The music was too repetitive and boring and the going back and forth between centuries was getting old after awhile. I mean, I get confused and disoriented going back and forth in different rooms and scenes!! The fault, I guess isn't the game, its me. It was long and the graphics were good. The story, although you're left hanging, was interesting. The mini-games were different and I really liked going to the family tree and changing the faces. I don't know why! I think I just got burned out at the end and got impatient with everything. I still have mixed feelings about what I just played!

feenix

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 28, 12 1:38 PM
Agree it was very long drawn out, and I was really losing interest towards the end, and I kept reading " Lets End this" I wished I could , then ..Poof ...all over and after all that I was left with "TO BE CONTINUED" ARGH !!!
Otherwise it was a great game a bit different and I loved the opportunity to opt for a match 3 , I have played the other Time Mystery and will certainly buy the sequel

[Post New]by mrpjaye on Aug 16, 12 4:59 PM
Stuck in temple, won't allow me to use bludgeon or put neck piece on alien,, check with strategy guide couldn't find any thing I missed......since no one else seems to have this problem...I need suggestions? thanks

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Oct 21, 12 6:13 PM
One thing I'll say....with the time it takes to play this game, you DEFINITELY get your money's worth.

That being said, the story is unclear. There is WAY too much back and forth between scenes. It wasn't gripping. I finished it over several weeks...playing here and there. I had to use the walk-through many times. And the ending....WT@#%*????? I won't be purchasing the second one.

Go to: