littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nemo's Secret: Vulcania

[Post New]by littletanpom on Dec 11, 11 5:34 AM
I have to agree - this is a fun game! The only thing that I would like is that some of the puzzels do not have a "reset" and the only way you can reset is to leave the puzzle and then return to it but in the process the skip button starts again from scratch, but other wise this is a really good game.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Dec 11, 11 8:19 AM
Great Game!
I just finished the game and was thoroughly pleased with all aspects this game offered.
For an SE, this game provided quite a lot of game play. The scenery, and graphics were to my liking, clear, and detailed. Yes, the last Hog Scene was a bit tedious, with all the monochrome colors, but still found it enjoyable.
The puzzles were challenging and some quite different, no gears, no pipes, no sliders.
The tasks were enjoyable, and I liked not being able to complete all tasks within one game screen. I liked the opening of new "avenues" or paths, in order to complete a task that was in a previous screen.
Thank you for producing a high quality game, and a sequel to the first one!
Happy Holidays!
Sincerely,
Kathey

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Dec 11, 11 9:51 AM
At first I enjoyed the game and found the mechanical critters kind of interesting and unique. However the longer I played the more I lost interest. Too dark in lots of places and I could not get a feel for where I was going. Not often that I don't play to the end of the demo but this is one of these times. It was becoming a chore instead of fun so I'm also a naysayer.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 11, 11 11:23 AM
Very entertaining game. I like it...I bought it. Most everyone above has stated all the kudos so will not rehash that.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 11, 11 7:19 PM
Just got out of the cave, so looks like I have a few more hours of play. Not a bad game for a lazy Sunday. Would have been better with voice overs, but that's my personal preference. Graphics not bad, but a bit hazy in spots. Not much in the way of hidden objects, but interesting change of pace for follow through on them. Games take a bit of thought. I liked the game, so will put it in the pond until later this month. Have to see what else is coming out first. December...got to save my seashells. Thanks for the reviews.

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 12, 11 12:50 PM
Enjoyed this one. My only gripe is that you have to "fit" objects from your inventory with their counterparts just in the right place. It took numerous attempts to place the coal bucket on the screen in the mine.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 13, 11 11:30 AM
I bought the game and I'm enjoying it so much . I'm tired of all the games with 'puzzles' that aren't really puzzles. The ones in this game are actually challenging, although entirely doable. That's mainly why I bought the game. For me, the HOG scenes are pretty hard, I've got my nose to the screen talking to it by the end of them. There's always something extra to do at the end of the HOG, too, it makes all my cussing worth it. I'm playing on hard and trying not to use any hints so it's taking me a long time. There's 5 chapters and I'm almost to the end of chapter 1 and it will probably have taken me 2 hours by the time I get there. I don't mind backtracking when I've missed picking up an inventory item, though, because the scenery is just so beautiful. I figure I bought and paid for it, I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. I picked up the first Nemo as a DD but haven't played it yet, so I have that to look forward to.

[Post New]by CheriMo on Dec 19, 11 12:26 PM
This game is extremely buggy. It locks up all the time so clicking doesn't activate anything. The other thing it will do is just shutdown. I'm only 90 minutes into the game and it's failed on me at least 6 times. It obviously needed better testing before release.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 22, 11 1:25 PM
I bought this game and have been enjoying it. Most of the reviews have touched on everything. My only complaints are it doesn't fill up my screen and if I get off the game I lose my cursor altogether and I would like the hint button to refill faster. I don't click on hints unless I need them and when I need them I don't want to wait a long time for the next one.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jan 16, 12 1:15 AM
I played the demo while tired, so maybe I'm not functioning on all of my brain cells, but I couldn't figure out what to do next. The hint button is one of the slowest I have seen, and I played on the easy level. One positive about the hint is that it shows a picture of what to do, so you know exactly which scene you need to be in, Too bad it took so long to recharge. This game did have potential though, and seems to be a change from the ghosts, demons and car crashes. Still a rescue though! Graphics good, music appropriate. Unfortunately, no voiceovers. Clear hidden object scenes, but some items are quite tiny. Maybe I'll go back and finish the second half of the demo after a few hours of sleep. Hopefully it will recharge the grey matter so I can figure out what to do without waiting for hints to recharge.

TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TexasAnn on Jan 20, 12 1:54 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I was so grateful not to have ghosts, witches, monsters, curses, etc. Of course this did have the creepy madman out to conquer the world, but I can live with that.

I especially enjoyed the little robot spiders. I know they were supposed to be menacing, but I thought they were cute.

I always mute the games, so I can't comment on the voiceovers or the music.

I thought the game was pretty intuitive, the graphics were fine (I didn't find them too dark), and I kind of enjoyed running around the submarine or whatever it was.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 28, 12 7:34 AM
I finally got this game with a earned credit.

The game was a littler bit tedious, but if you stick with it long enough it gets to you, the graphics were nice, the story line was interesting and the game was actually enjoyable.

[Post New]by oldestlady on Feb 1, 12 12:23 PM
I have just finished this game and was very very pleased, especially with the added bonus chapter.
The pace of the game was good, the hints handy at times and the graphics were also good. I am what I'd call an intermediate player, one who needs an occasional hint to continue, and I found this game to be challenging without being frustrating! The atmosphere and music were appropriate and all in all I would highly reccommend this gamae to anyone!!!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 1, 12 4:50 PM
Have only played 10 minutes or so--but can someone in the Gaming World relay to people who write and develope these games that do not understand English so well, that any round handle that attaches to something mechanical IS NOT A VALVE?
A Valve regulates a gas or fluid and usually is complete with its own body and handle, which operates the valve.
It is not something you attach to a door to open it!!

I don't think I will enjoy this game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 1:22 PM
This game is fun if you are new to HOS games.---------Doug& Lisa

Go to: