thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 11, 11 9:54 PM
My problem was a bit different. I could not get the game to lauch from the Game Manager. When I opened the Game Manager and clicked on the game to play the demo, nothing happened. I clicked on it again and got a message that it was already running. I closed the Game Manager and attempted to reopen it, but I would not respond. I had to reboot my computer to open the Game Manager for another try at starting the demo. When it happened again, I rebooted and launched the demo from the game icon on my desktop. The demo ran perfectly then, and the display filled my 19" screen completely. I use Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and have not had this problem with other games.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Giliraz on Dec 11, 11 10:09 PM
the SG button is not working in the game, I can see it only in menu... when playing the demo it worked fine... any ideas what to do? ... thanks

janetc57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by janetc57 on Dec 12, 11 4:25 AM
Micha1234 wrote:
kathycot wrote:I have a problem w/ the magic lens. I solved the problem and everything but then no magic lens, I do not know where it went. Fortunately I haven't had the same issues as some of you w/ resolution? problems just vanishing object.

I thought my lens disappeared, too. Turns out it kind of went automatically into the puzzle. Put your cursor into the middle of the puzzle and the lens will show up. At least it did for me.

janetc57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by janetc57 on Dec 12, 11 4:26 AM
Same problem here only with wooden button for dining table. Picked it up from chair in hall and it disappeared from inventory!!!!!!!!!!

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Dec 12, 11 5:46 AM
Apart from all the other problems re SG (see my other post in this thread) I have now got to the gate at the alchemists. I have all the bronze roses but can't move them from the inventory!
This game is way too buggy and it's a shame because it is really good when it runs properly. I will contact cs to see if there is going to be a fix, if not I'm afraid it will have to be a refund. Pity

[Post New]by fishin_gurl on Dec 12, 11 8:36 AM
vanwyck wrote:I'm at the mansion but still missing one disc for the dining room table. I keep clicking on hint and it send me inside then out, etc. I've tried to get back to the box on top of the ladder and it doesn't reopen. Please help. I uninstalled and reinsatlled but no luck.

I had the same problem and can go no further in the game..... bummed

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by fishin_gurl on Dec 12, 11 8:50 AM
fishin_gurl wrote:
vanwyck wrote:I'm at the mansion but still missing one disc for the dining room table. I keep clicking on hint and it send me inside then out, etc. I've tried to get back to the box on top of the ladder and it doesn't reopen. Please help. I uninstalled and reinsatlled but no luck.

Okay I feel silly... Went back through the SG and discovered it wasn't the disc from the box that I was missing but the one from outside. Don't want to spoil it...Check the strategy guide to see where each disc comes from. This is a great game

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Dec 12, 11 11:43 AM
Straight back to game manager!!!2 games in the last 2 days that are unplayable...NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!

[Post New]by nanaboonana381 on Dec 12, 11 4:36 PM
I also have not been able to find one of the discs for the dining table. I went back and checked all areas that would have given me the 4 discs, nothing found. I could have missed one. The game won't blow that area up again. So I assume, I'm finished in those areas, but still missing one round disc for the table. Any suggestions? I ABSOLUTELY loved this game, nice and bright ,colorful, THINGS moving, areas opening up with a puzzle, then another door opens,loved it. Instead of me going back and forth bookoo times in a game. I am so tired of games that are dark and that send me to and fro. I like to see the imaginations of the inventors as i play the game. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Dec 12, 11 8:33 PM
VTCT wrote:Well here is my problem I got through the 1st Chapter & movie about the rain, showed the castle than crashed. It was hard to get the task manger & find out it was responding. What is up with this game?

I uninstall the game and reinstalled it and still have the same problem!

HELP

Tried the suggestion in help section but no good what now?

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Dec 12, 11 8:38 PM
GlennMcC wrote:
VTCT wrote:Well here is my problem I got through the 1st Chapter & movie about the rain, showed the castle than crashed. It was hard to get the task manger & find out it was responding. What is up with this game?

I uninstall the game and reinstalled it and still have the same problem!

HELP

Tried the suggestion in help section but no good what now?

I have the same problem. Have XP SP3 with NVidea graphics - all drivers are up to date. I have restarted the game three times and it always locks up after the cut scene at the end of chapter 1. Cannot progress further. Had to reboot my PC each time, because Alt+Tab or Ctl + Alt + Del did nothing. Guess that money is gone.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Dec 12, 11 10:05 PM

me too - not happy camper right now - someone please HELP

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Post any Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Dec 12, 11 10:08 PM
fishin_gurl wrote:
fishin_gurl wrote:

Okay I feel silly... Went back through the SG and discovered it wasn't the disc from the box that I was missing but the one from outside. Don't want to spoil it...Check the strategy guide to see where each disc comes from. This is a great game

I did the game will not let me re-access where that disc is shown in the SG

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 15, 11 12:44 AM
Hi fishies,

For those of your experiencing crashes, disappearing cursors and other performance issues, it might help to run through the steps in the below help article if you haven't already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If it appears that you cannot progress further in the game due to a blockade, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

bfgRhone

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Emmail on Dec 15, 11 2:36 PM
I am not happy with this game and the fact that it locks up after the movie scene after finding the second element. This is the first game I can safely say I wish I had never bought because of technical issues. Tried uninstalling and re-installing -didn't work. As far as I know everything on my computer is up to date. Will have to seriously consider whether I will continue playing big fish games or not.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 15, 11 2:59 PM
Hi fishies,

I've got some great news for you all! We've just released an update for this game that fixes the issue with corrupted graphics (bars) appearing at the top and bottom of the screen when running in 'Full Screen' mode with the 'High Quality' graphics option selected, as was reported in the Forums.

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements CE! Dec. 15, 2011

To monitor any technical issues that are specific to the newest build, we will now be locking this thread. Please feel free to post any issues that you continue to experience in the new 'Tech Issues' thread and/or by contacting Tech Support.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: