sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Reviews for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 11, 11 9:26 AM
A no buy for me. The graphics were very fuzzy and not as clear as other CE games. There were no voice overs. I will not pay $13.99 for a game which has no voice overs. There were some interesting elements to the hidden object scenes which I played. You need to locate items to find other items. A unique approach. The games are way too easy even in the advanced mode. The game does not flow easily for me. Sorry. Not a winner at least for me.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Dec 11, 11 9:45 AM
based on the demo seems like a great game. graphics are clear and storyline is a bit different (no asylums) tho the girl kinda looks like angelina jolie (those lipsand eyes are a dead giveaway).
the puzzles are interesting and having some shoot em up keeps you on your toes. hidden objects are clear and the random single hidden object makes you search everywhere (cant explain it any clearer than that without experiencing it yourself)
looks like it might be worth to buy it as a CE

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Dec 11, 11 11:02 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:And here we have yet another adventure starring an Indiana Croft wannabe with the professional standards of a one-toothed tomb robber in a Rudolph Valentino movie. When will writers actually attempt to create a character that does things properly, rather than using all manner of heavy objects to destroy things that might be worth more than the doofus's entire college education? If the main character in this game were a perfume salesperson, rather than offering a sample of the scent for a shopper's delight, she'd smash the bottle over their heads a dozen times, then have the nerve to charge them for it.

Rotfl! I wish I'd said that. You nailed my objection to this thing, darkdisciple. Gotta take a stand somewhere. Keep the game, BFG.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 11, 11 11:44 AM
To eaches own ... It's a no buy for myself !!!!! Glad everyone else are enjoying it .

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 11, 11 12:42 PM
Excellent review, Lady_Cav.

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Dec 11, 11 1:00 PM
I agree with one of the reviews, I started the demo in "easy" mode. It was too easy. You do have hidden objects, etc., but when you click on an item, it shows you a picture of what item you have that you can use on the item you found. That was just too easy. I like to figure out what item I need. Music, I never like any music, I always turn it way down. But I do love sound effects. There are no voice overs, which I like voice overs. You have to read it all. I've not quite decided if I want to purchase this game or not, but if I do, I will play in the harder mode. I do like the shooting skeletons, or whatever they are. As another reviewer said reminds me of Golden Trails, which I enjoyed playing. I only played about 10 minutes in demo mode - easy -- going to go back and try in the harder mode to see if I want to buy.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 11, 11 1:52 PM
This is a good game and I can play it without problems with my widescreen laptop. But I think I will wait till the SE, because I miss the "special feeling" in this game for paying the double price. But its a really good game.

[Post New]by MarilynKelley on Dec 11, 11 2:09 PM
I was worried when I got the wooden planks on the top and bottom....just change screen to windowed mode and you can see everything great....

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Dec 11, 11 3:30 PM
I had absolutely no intention of buying this game, and another CE at that. So I read the reviews, even watched the video on the tube and thought.........no way, I hate games that take place in the tombs. But of course, I hadda try it. So I played the demo and I was hooked. I am having so much fun with this game. It is silly and outrageous in the things you do (smashing priceless objects) but just a lot of fun. I love the hidden objects scenes and the puzzles. My big mistake was playing it in easy mode which I never do and not sure why I did with this one. It's a little too easy in this mode. But I will definitely play it again in harder mode.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 11, 11 3:59 PM
Changing out of Full screen mode made it possible for me to see the inventory area and once that happened I was well away . I was very happy to see the Egyptian section at the beginning of the game and that, along with the beautiful clear graphics, persuaded me to buy even though the game is a CE as it made a nice change from sanitoriums etc .

While I was playing I realised I had missed one of the extra somethings in a hidden object scene and the game wouldn't let me go back so I restarted but when I got to the puzzle it didn't open after putting the last piece in place and so I had to restart again. No, not all of the extra items are in the hidden object scenes, they can be anywhere so keep your eyes peeled . Oh Dark Disciple the pickaxe isn't window dressing and, as for the destroying of certain objects, just put it down to "creator's licence" as it is a game and not real life so anything goes .

Since my second restart I have played for 2 hours+a bit and have found 2 elements and I have to say that I love this game, I have thoroughly enjoyed it all of it so far especially the puzzles which, even though not very difficult, are still fun to do. I also enjoyed the shooting to gain hints . It seems a bit easier to hit the targets in this game than in the Golden Trails ones so if anyone needs some hints I have a bucketful that you can have.

Devs ... please note that some people do not like widescreen monitors and prefer the oldfashioned square ones so if you could make your next game with the option to play on either it would be great. It would also be appreciated if there could be a bit less handholding in the harder mode insofaras you don't tell us what to use to solve the puzzles and, if you could run to voiceovers too, that would be the icing on the cake. Those criticisms aside I think this is a great game and I thank you for it .

Cherb

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 11, 11 4:06 PM
My review is based on the demo only. I will not be purchasing this as a CE or SE. The graphics are nice and crisp, music was pretty good but I did not like the game. Too many puzzles.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 11, 11 8:39 PM
This will be one CE that I will not be purchasing. No voices is a big disappoint for me.

The graphics were great. In demo the storyline didnt really grab me. But I like the region of storyline and it could have been very interesting.

I thought the text scrolled to fast and didnt get a change to enjoy the graphics/artwork. Another reviewer stated since no voice overs what was the hurry I totally agree.

Looks like a ton of fished loved this game.

Happy game day

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 11, 11 11:36 PM
Oh wow, what an interesting and fun game. I just finished and I wish I could thank the devs for making such a great game. The graphics were awesome, the music, the puzzles were fun, and the puzzles within puzzles even better, and the hogs scenes with the interactions, the truly superb traps...I just can't say enough how impressed I am with this game. At times I felt like I was in a movie. And I loved shooting the bad creatures, lol. Didn't miss the voiceovers, as the dialogue, to me, was the weakest point of this game. But there was so much else going on, that even the minimal dialogue didn't take away from the sheer enjoyment. It was long, and even the bonus was not a disappointment. Five stars Plus on this one.

I read the developers' notes after I finished, and I think they truly accomplished their goal. I cannot wait to see what they come out with next. Hard act to follow, but I do believe they have the talent and the imaginationl to do another great game.

Edited on 12/11/2011 at 11:42:28 PM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Dec 12, 11 3:21 AM
Based on the demo, it's a very good game! The playing went so smooth and fluid, (and that don't happen often in a game), I too felt like I was in a movie, as others did; the graphics are awsome, so the minigames, well I am familiar with the story, (Lara Croft/Indiana Jones) similarities, it's a very energetic and fun game to play, and reading other post, it's a long one as well! Definetly well worth to get it!!

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 3:22:59 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 12, 11 5:39 AM
I wasn't expecting much after that horrible intro but once again I got surprised. It seems like i was done before it even started.

I loved the graphics and the music. Being able to shoot the mummies was a nice added extra

Actually I liked everything about this game but the fact that it tells you what inventory item you need to use in a given situation. That could be just the easier mode though. I always play the demo in easy mode and switch it up for the game when I buy.

This is a definite buy for me.

GREAT JOB QUICK CLICK! AND THANK YOU BIG FISH!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 12, 11 8:52 AM
Great game. Fun and long. Lots to do.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Dec 12, 11 12:56 PM
(Demo only) Hidden Object games are all about staring at the screen, looking for something. This is what makes them relaxing while still being a challenge. My favorite H0 games make me want to look at every little thing. This game does that brilliantly, in addition to H0 scenes there are inventory items and a variety of extras to be found in each new area. The only issue is the art work. It's well done by very talented people but it just doesn't grab me. Although I'm sure that many others will enjoy it.

The puzzles are a combination of new and old. They've done a terrific job of spicing up the usual ones and making them fresh. Inventory items are tricksy, occasionally challenging or take a bit of trial and error - all of which I enjoy.

Shooting the monsters for extra hints is not very often used in H0/adventure games. It's a nice bonus in this one but I would be bored if it became standard practice.

All in all, I really like this game and am torn between paying for the CE and having to wait on the SE. If the art was a little more to my preference, I'd have already bought it. (sorry devs, there's nothing you can do about preference and that must be frustrating. I do love the detail that went into the zoom-in scenes. Really brings them to life!)

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 12:59:26 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 12, 11 4:15 PM
Nice graphics, although a bit cartoony. Music not bad, games interesting, not muchin the way of HOGs. All in all a pretty nice game, but just didn't grab me. Maybe a bit too slow for me. No buy this time. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 13, 11 7:59 AM
Well, imagine my astonishment that the trial played beautifully on my old XP. No problems at all. I also was a little taken aback at no voiceovers, but the gameplay was fun, even if it could have used an intermediate mode of play -- easy was pretty easy. I liked the shooting the monsters concept to get more hints, that was fun. If you don't mind bashing priceless artifacts to get to the truth of the matter this may be the game for you Like many, I haven't decided if I will get the SE or the CE, but I'm leaning towards the CE when the bank is a little fuller.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 13, 11 9:22 AM
I have now finished the game - played over 3 days - and was very pleased that I bought the CE.

I liked every part of it, except the part in the museum - didn't care for that one for some reason - and enjoyed playing the game very much.

I did like the fact that I was given lots of hand-holding (pictures of tools I need showing in easy mode), and even though the game started out quite easy, with easy puzzles and easy to find objects in the HOS, it actually got harder after the demo finished.

I was very (and pleasantly) surprised that the bonus game took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to play, and that was with skipping most of the puzzles (am just useless at most of those). So I would have spent much more time with the bonus game if I had been a little more patient with the puzzles and tried harder.

Also, the bonus game plays in a different area from the main game, and I really enjoyed the bonus game.

All round a really fun, entertaining, and very well done game.

Go to: