Re:Post any Mountain Crime: Requital technical issues here only

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Dec 12, 11 3:39 AM
I live in the BFG time zone, and it is 3:38 AM Monday. I imagine there is only a skeleton crew there right now. CS opens at 7:30 AM, so everyone has a bit of a wait still.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 12, 11 3:40 AM
My screen on opening the game had half of it covered in a weird pattern. Eventually got into the game, but cursor very slow. After reading the tech issues here, think I'll give this game a miss until this fault is corrected.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 12, 11 3:40 AM
I bought the game too and add me to the list. This is ridiculous. That demo should have been lifted once you bought the game. I hope there will be a fix today, if not, I too would like my money back. And I have to agree with the other person, doesn't anybody try these games before they put out on market?

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 3:54:37 AM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 12, 11 3:41 AM
Same here. I betaed this game and I thought the survey folder should have been deleted when I uninstalled it but no. It was still there so I deleted it but still have 'You've completed the demo' please buy. My game manager says I own the full game, as I have bought it.

Never mind I'm sure (removed by moderator) will sort it out. Love the game.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 1:01:16 AM PST

[Post New]by suekjones on Dec 12, 11 3:43 AM
Add me too-downloaded after demo and went to where I left off only to find important pages of my diary are missing so cannot continue. Shame was really getting into it

[Post New]by shellyarlene on Dec 12, 11 3:47 AM
Add me too.Hopefully they will fix it quick when they find out about it.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Dec 12, 11 3:51 AM
Im also having problems with the game, same as everyone else cant progress beyond the demo

[Post New]by Froggles on Dec 12, 11 3:58 AM
I've just joined the list of persons unable to play beyond the demo. Great game, looking forward to being able to play the rest of it!!

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cutter1 on Dec 12, 11 4:00 AM
I checked at the (removed by moderator) site. The game is shown as 1.2 gig hd space required. So the BFG game is showing only approx. 250 meg for the full version. Evidently this not the full version.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 1:02:32 AM PST

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Dec 12, 11 4:01 AM
Same thing comes up after I downloaded the game with purchase. I am reinstalling atm. I hope this fixes it, but it sounds like this does not fix it. Goodness me. Oh well off to work. Please do something BFG.
Vallarina

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Dec 12, 11 4:04 AM
1.2G? The d/l page says 298mb needed on your HD so I thought it was only the Activation files missing. Have emailed CS and I'm waiting for them to wake up

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Dec 12, 11 4:08 AM
i played for 10 min. and bought the game, but i can't get any further than the demo end. i have tried to play again and it wouldn't go. please fix this game as i am enjoying playing it

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Dec 12, 11 4:15 AM
cutter1 wrote:I checked at the (removed by moderator) site. The game is shown as 1.2 gig hd space required. So the BFG game is showing only approx. 250 meg for the full version. Evidently this not the full version.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It sounds like BFG put the same file (the demo) both for the trial and the full game on some of their servers. I'm sure they'll sort it out soon.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 1:04:13 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 12, 11 4:15 AM
cutter1 wrote:I checked at the (removed by moderator) site. The game is shown as 1.2 gig hd space required. So the BFG game is showing only approx. 250 meg for the full version. Evidently this not the full version.

Excellent observation. I wish I had thought of doing that.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 1:04:29 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Dec 12, 11 4:15 AM
Yep, me too, and I'm hanging to find whodunnit!

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Dec 12, 11 4:24 AM
moonladydi wrote:Ditto, the full version should be 298mb, not 227. Seems to be missing the activation link. I even tried reinstalling the GM as well. I'm contacting CS with the

eta Full version is apparantly 1.2G

Thank you both. I didn't even think to check the actual developer site, but gee, most of us seem to be missing a huge chunk of game. I wonder how the person that managed to get the full version got it when most of us seem to be stuck with the demo version...? Unless they brought it after a few mins of playing and haven't reached the "end demo" part where you (spoiler) find the "snake lady-journalist dead"... .. At least that is where the demo stopped for me.
An easy mistake though, whoever puts the new games up puts them up at 12 midnight Seattle time, so it's easy to mistakenly put the trial version up as the full one especially if the poor person hasn't had enough sleep, has something on their mind etc etc. Mistakes like this don't happen often, and when they do, well we are all only human and us humans make mistakes. Unless it's automated, but still there would be a person behind it. Who knows.

It will be fixed when the guys get up, still very early over there in Seattle where I believe the main game site is.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 1:04:45 AM PST

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Dec 12, 11 4:26 AM
i bought this without even trialing it and now i have got to the end of the "demo" too..

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 12, 11 4:30 AM
Are BF still sleeping there?

canry
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by canry on Dec 12, 11 4:30 AM
i am having the same problem too, i purchased the full version but it still shown the demo trial is over, please help!!!

[Post New]by Sonseeahray27 on Dec 12, 11 4:32 AM
Hello! Same thing with me. I bought the game and I am being kicked out after the "Demo".....Hope they will fix it soon because it is a really good one.

Go to: