Reviews for Pickers

Re:Reviews for Pickers

[Post New]by swiftflutterby on Jul 20, 12 7:23 PM
My advice would be to get it and stick at it. The further into it you get the easier trading becomes!

Pairing objects (like lamp with shade or suit of armour with the sword) make it far more interesting as does completing all the targets.

Each time you play the game its different and so far have managed £320,000 profit. Shame its not for real!

This is the best hidden object game I have ever played - bought it ages ago and I'm addicted. Please bring out Pickers 2 very soon!

[Post New]by swiftflutterby on Jul 20, 12 7:25 PM
DeAnna2112 wrote:Really like this game but shortly after i purchased it just froze on me. I tried doing a uninstall and reinstall and it took me right back to where it left me when it froze? bummer. My computer is new so not sure what the problem is. Gonna try to reinstall one more time and if that doesn't work guess i will have to contact tech. Really cool game indeed though.

It may be your own firewall/online armour having problems allowing it. Check its not blocked. Hope its working for you

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jul 21, 12 6:11 AM
Thanks swift, yeah i have checked everything. I have never had a problem until recently. What i ended up doing was when i restarted it i just deleted my user and created a new user and so far no problems, just hope i don't get halfway through this one and have the same problem that would be a bummer. It's clearly a glitch with the game. What happened was when i combined a bike with a wheel it popped up two of them for sale which was odd, the first one sold and when the second one sold that was all she wrote, it froze, locked up and i would have to restart my computer to get the game to shutdown. I would restart the computer and pull the game back up but i was immediately right at that screen again with the same problem. Course i uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but regardless when the game was pulled up i was right back at the same stuck screen. I removed the user and created a new one and so far no problems...yet. Really love the game just hope it doesn't lockup again and have to start over. As much as i am tired of HOG's, this one really put a fun and different twist on things.

[Post New]by dustzone on Aug 3, 12 7:27 AM
So I finished 94 hours of this game. Time for a review.

I absolutely love this game, despite it's flaws.

When I saw this on Steam, I figured it would be a Hidden Object Game in the style of American Pickers/Pawn Stars/etc... After my first game it became clear that the trading/haggling/selling is the main focus here. Since objects do not ever move around (in between games) the challenge of finding "hidden" objects is soon gone. Same goes for the HO-subscenes. Once you know where to find what and also have a global idea of prices you've reached the end of the game, or so it would seem. There is an element of strategy to be found where you van prolong the game by trying to get highscores (94 hours, remember).

There are a few points though that the devs could use for improvement when making Pickers 2 (I surely hope they do so).

Technical issues:
- The leaderboards for normal gameplay don't work.
- The leaderboards have obvious cheaters in them (see advanced leaderboard #1 & #2).
- Once you start a game, you have to finish it before being able to choose a different level. This is annoying when you accidentily start an advanced match but intended a expert match.
- Highscores sometimes don't register on the leaderboards. Solution is creating a new profile.

Gameplay issues:
- Prices need to change more! It's not that unrealistic, sometimes a vase can be more worth than a motorcycle. It would make the game more challenging.
- Objects need to move! Although I love details like the boots-story by Baxter, always the same stuff in the same place becomes boring.
- On that note: Much more stuff!
- More locations, but maybe a limit to travelling in 1 day. Now you can switch between locations as you wish, but some more strategic decision about locations to visit could enhance the gameplay.
- More scenes per location would also be a nice option.
- Wouldn't it be cool if you could bundle your stuff? You could combine several items from a similar category to create a bulk-item for your shop. (eg. headlights & taillights)

So there you have it, a great game with room for improvement (Pickers 2 please).

Now I'm gonna go back for another go 'cause somebody beat my highscore

[Post New]by deborahpoetry on Jan 12, 14 5:02 AM
I love this game and play it over and over again even though I have matched bought and sold everything in it. I have still never completely filled the awards in my shop and don't know if that's even possible, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes I only buy the items that have a matching part. Sometimes I follow the advice of the team 'Toys, Hardware, etc' and sometimes I mix it up. I always win and get the fat Million dollar check. It's a game that's good for the ego.

Does anyone know if they're going to do a second one? If so...I'm all over it.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Reviews for Pickers: Adventures in Rust

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Aug 1, 14 10:31 AM
brookings wrote:This game is somewhat like the game Antiques Roadshow, only not nearly as good. The pros of the game is that you have 3 modes to choose from. The con is that the HOG scene is not crisp, but muted, and it's a junk pile, so finding objects not easy. Because of that, it's a no buy for me. It could have been a fun game, but just isn't,

Was looking for a TM game and tried this one. As brookings said above, the HOG scenes were too dark and hidden away. I would have liked to see what else you could do with the objects you buy, though. I'll keep this one on the back burner. Right now, it's a no buy for me because of the HOS.

But please give it a try - it's worth that at least. It's very different, if you are into antiques and having a store of your own. If not, well

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Aug 6, 14 5:08 PM

BASED ON MANY, MANY FULL-PLAYED GAMES

Hands down, this is the best game I have bought from BF. Just wanted to stop back here and tell you that. You can play the game solo against the computer, with another picker, or go for the grand prize.

There will never be any two games alike. The replay value is off the wall. If you buy this game, you can play it any way you like and in any mode. The items are placed in different places in different locations with every game. I have never seen a game like this, and hope there are many more to come.

I thought about this game for a few days, and it never left my mind. I have never seen this game on TV before, but the instructions and your own way of playing it is very clear.

HOS's are in some places dark and in some places bright. This is the only part of the game I don't like as I dislike HOS's in any way or form. With this game, this is the only way to find prime picks, combine objects, and move forward with the game. So, only one lonely in an otherwise outstanding game.

I can play this game in multitudes of ways, but it is always the first game I play. I bought it full price on a whim. If there is ever a sale, please "pick" it up. I cannot say enough about this game.

Had to post this because it is my "go to" game every night and I play for hours and never get bored. It is absolutely the best game out there. Please don't confuse this game with "American Picker" as it is not at all the same.

Enjoy if you buy - I'm positive you will.

Edited on 08/06/2014 at 5:09:47 PM PST

Go to: