hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 8:23 AM
Hi cherb! The good news is I haven't seen any voodoo masks or scary children in the hotel. (So far, anyway!) I find that I do have a tendency to overthink in this game, thanks to Scratches!

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Feb 18, 12 8:25 AM
I'd like to join in please.
I started the game ages ago but lost my progress when I changed my PC.
Now I'm desperately trying to remember what to do

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 18, 12 9:07 AM
Hi again everyone, just popping in briefly to update the players list. It's nice to see some familiar faces and also some new ones too. I hope we all have a lot of fun.

Welcome to the group hazelize, mariannequilts, Dialogue, cherb and yve501. I will add you all to the players list now.

Well done on finishing the game already Mr_Russ!

Man RL has really kicked me today, with one thing or another I haven't been able to start my game yet. I still need to sort out my new monitor LOL I keep getting stopped with something else and I still need to go food shopping!! I will however still keep popping in and will definately start my game a bit later on!

Glad you all seem to be having fun and helping each other out.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 18, 12 9:12 AM
cherbtoo wrote:<puff><pant><gasp> What a day, I thought I would never get here but

I made it at last , please add me to the list Popla as I am just going to start playing even though I am exhausted so if you go into our hotel room and the bed is occupied, it will be me .

Hi everyone, happy gaming .

Hi cherb ahh you always manage to make me smile, even if I haven't got time to think!! Glad you could make it, it's fine if you occupy the bed for now, when I finally get round to playing today we might have to swap though!!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 9:56 AM
Welcome all new players!

@hazelize I sure hope I don't have to start all over to get that darn ** fax. I am pretty sure talking to Matisse is the trigger there. But no matter how may times I looked, he just wasn't there. **

LOL cherb & popla but hey c'mon it's a hotel! I am sure they have more than one bed!

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 9:58:52 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 10:16 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:

<snip>

LOL cherb & popla but hey c'mon it's a hotel! I am sure they have more than one bed!

Yes, especially since everyone else checked out!

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 10:24 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:Welcome all new players!

@hazelize I sure hope I don't have to start all over to get that darn ** fax. I am pretty sure talking to Matisse is the trigger there. But no matter how may times I looked, he just wasn't there.

CfG, just curious: do you even need the fax to move forward? Were you able to set off the fire alarm?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 10:46 AM
CfG, don't worry about it. You don't need it. Carry on with other things.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 10:50 AM
@hazelize Yes **I was able to set off the alarm and I have taken the digital camera from the room and looked at the photo of the two girls. After that I went to bed and had a strange dream involving the statue. After waking up the digital camera and photo are nowhere to be found. I have absolutely no clue as to if the fax is essential. I also skipped the conversation with Matisse since he wasn't in the hotel lobbey and once again: no clue if that was/is essential, but now there is no sign of him. managed to open the crates and sent photo's to geek. ** No idea if i can just carry on, or that I need to start over. I somehow refuse to believe that the game would let me carry on if those things were essential. I just know that the ** fax is no longer a hot spot, so I can probably forget about ever getting that fax now. I can't even leave the hotel to see if I can get at the box of office supplies, probably won't work cause I haven't talked to Matisse. ** Getting the feeling I am running in circles, I hope I haven't ran into some weird game glitch.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 10:51 AM
Just saw your post Mr_Russ, thanks! I just carry on then.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 10:52 AM
CfG, what's in your inventory? I can't see a problem so far.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 11:00 AM
@Mr_Russ if I remember correctly, this is what I have in my inventory: ** my phone, my camera, matches, one lit candle, the hotel token and a stepladder. had a paperclip, but used it to open the crates. That's it. **

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 11:10 AM
Hi, CfG. ** Have you opened up the slab to get to the cellar? ** Your email relates.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 11:12:46 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 11:21 AM
@Mr_Russ Still making progress, so I guess I am okay, although I've ** missed the fax and my talk with Matisse, I now opened the fluid lock, used my stepladder and lit candle and found a hammer and wooden box.** I guess not all steps in the game are really essential.

Going to take a bit of a brake now and I know there must be some spare beds even tough two of them are already occupied.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 18, 12 11:49 AM
You guys are cracking me up!!!

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 12:22 PM
Catfish_girl, re: your earlier post, there is a place where you can't leave the hotel (it says something like, "I just got here...".) That's just part of the game and hasn't anything to do with the fax. At this point you probably don't even need it.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 12:26 PM
Have been playing all day and have now ** just opened the door behind the statue". Mr_Russ, I'm so pleased you've finished it as it was your hint that got me back on track. Your clue made the light go on. I'm enjoying all the dialogue. Well, have to get back and see what's behind the door.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 12:42 PM
CfG, you have a spot of vandalism to do in the cellar.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 12:59 PM
Hi everyone

Just got home from work. Only got about 4 hours sleep so not sure how far I will get in the game but I will be starting in a few minutes.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying it though

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 1:12 PM
I'm stuck........" I'm in the second room behind the statue with the puzzle with the cross, man, bone, flower and ring. Is there a clue somewhere as to the order?"

Go to: