RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro

[Post New]by RainCat on Jan 8, 12 1:50 PM
I liked the adventure with no hidden object game play style of the game. There are enough hidden object games out there thay having one without was refreshing.

It has been a while since I played the other two Azada games, but I seem to remember they had a lot more puzzles, with several of each style. This game did not repeat any puzzle types, but had only one of each. Only one puzzle (the suduko at the end) was extremely challenging.

The challenging aspect of the game was trying to find all the areas to click, and all the paths to take, and later remembering where it was you saw an object that you could not use at the time, or a puzzle you needed to complete later. There was a LOT of backtracking.

This game would have benefitted a lot by having an ingame map (unless that is a CE thing), maybe with markings for areas with achieveable objectives/actions.

Having said that, I only had to resort to the strategy guide and the hints a few times (most of which would have been unnecessary with a map). And I only cheated on one puzzle (the last one), which I could have solved in a couple of hours with some blanks grids and a lot of mental power, but I decided I would rather play something else instead.

The ending is abrupt, puzzling, and seems to resolve absolutely nothing about the plot. I have no idea what happened to the main character, the worlds of Azada, the good guy (we presume), the bad guy, or any of the creatures I may or may not have rescued.

The game was visually very good (although some of the worlds/area were by nature kind of grimy/dingy).

I am not sure of the exact length, since I started in before by Christmas travels and finished in yesterday and today, but I am guessing maybe 4 hours? Possibly 5. I can't remember if there were difficulty settings, but if there were, I would have picked the hardest one.

Bottom line: It was fun to play once, I was happy to not have hidden object scenes for a change, would have liked more puzzles but the ones they had were fun, the ending made no sense, and the game has no replay value. B+. I don't regret spending a credit or coupon code or whatever it was on this.

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 1:51:28 PM PST

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Jan 11, 12 1:22 AM
First off I LOVED the game. Was glad I was free of HOS for a change and loved going around in circles to find all the pieces to get the keys. Loved it all! Didn't chesk the reviews til after the game when it just STOPPED. . .and left me wondering what to do next. Very abrupt ending which left me wondering whats next. . .
So yes it wasn't like the other games in the series but who wants the same thing all the time?? Not me! Cheers! Ready for the next one

[Post New]by garycat on Jan 14, 12 7:35 PM
I've got to say I'm a little disappointed. Although I love the Ers games, this is not the Azada I love. I was really excited to get this game because of the uniqueness of the first 2 Azada games. This is not in the "Magic Book" format. I would have loved this game if it was called something else. What happened to the original designers? This is no different then Puppet Show etc. I can't wait to replay the first 2 and look back on the false promise of a third game.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 21, 12 9:23 AM
Very good game, however I am glad that I waited to buy the regular edition. It ended with a sequel opening for sure....can't wait for it to come out. I usually like **** scenes thrown in to play but I did enjoy this game w/o them. I do recommend this game. Very good just like always from ERS.

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on Feb 3, 12 12:48 PM
This game is beautifully done. I injoyed it very much.

Altho, I found it a bit easy, at least, compared to the other Azada games.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 7, 12 1:47 PM
I HATED, HATED, HATED this game.

If it was not named Azada, I would have rated it as a better than average adventure game. Aspects of it were very well done. But calling it Azada is a LIE and I don't like being LIED to.

Azada was a series of mini-puzzles, not a run-of-the-mill adventure game. You don't change the genre of a series completely and claim it is Azada just because both have a guy in them named Titus, which is the only similarily I could detect. In Azada the games were challenging (these were easy) and could be replayed. I kept waiting to use the code word from Azada 2. I consider not having bonus content unlocked by the code word false advertising. You don't claim to give a bonus to people who buy all the games in the series and then go back on the promise.

RedSox22, I think it is great when a developer tries a different genre. But they ought to also come up with a new name. In this case they trashed all the uniqueness and went back to the same old thing.

I just finished this game. The ending was so poor and my disappointment so great that I am livid with anger right now. Please developers, STOP TRYING TO SELL MORE GAMES BY USING DECEPTION AND LIES. I realize this is pretty rude, but marketing this game as a sequel to Azada is a lot more rude - if not downright illegal.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 17, 12 12:04 AM
All I can say is, I wandered around for 40 minutes, collected a few objects which I could not find any use for. The hints kept leading me back to all the same places, but I had no clue what to do. I was playing on easy, so I expected a to have sparkles to help out. But when you click on a sparkle, there will be, for example, an object you could collect if only you had the right tool but none of the few objects you've found are the right ones.

SPOILER: In one scene you are aboard a trolley. There are sparkles on the seats, but clicking on them does nothing but flip the backs of the seats up and down, and you are left to wonder what the purpose of that could be.

I usually like games by this particular game developer, but not this one. If you can't make some kind of progress in 40 minutes it becomes too frustrating and no fun.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Mar 25, 12 4:06 PM
Totally cool game! I didn't play the first one, and from reading the different opinions on here I wasn't too sure about this one. But I had a credit, so... I'm very happy that I did!

Absolutely loved the Fairy Village. I want to go live there.

The gameplay was very smooth. No kinks or hiccups.

Story line was great once you got past wondering who was the guy impersonating her uncle. Kinda quirky, but kept my attention.

Someday I hope they build a game where you don't have to run forty-leven miles to pick up something back there that you should have kept with you when you had it back then. lol.

Pure entertainment! outta 5. WTG. BFG!

[Post New]by itsagale on Apr 16, 12 1:36 AM
This is NOT Azada. The first 2 Azada games had a nice flow and sense of accomplishment throughout. Plus Titus made a great narrator of the back story. This one....tries to be an "adventure" with puzzles. Most of the puzzles were ok, but the adventure, ugh!!! I play games for fun; dead bodies, skeletons, etc. do not make me happy. Plus what is with that STUPID ending???? You can't rescue anyone (boo!) and you don't know if you have truly defeated the evil guy. Dang it, I like my fairy tales to be more satisfying. Either rescue the poor abused creatures and restore the damaged worlds, or at least totally wipe out the bad guy. Or if you're going to leave me wondering, at least do it with a wink and a grin! Don't just ditch me somewhere.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jun 5, 12 1:14 PM
As a run of the mill Puzzle Adventure it was okay. Not brilliant. As an "Azada" it was awful. Why call it Azada? Very disappointing. We waited and waited for Azada III and this is what we got. Going off the wink we got off Titus at the end, I can only assume there is going to be an Azada IV. Mmm. Not looking forward to that unless it reverts to the brilliantness of Azada I & II. Ruined a good series.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 16, 12 9:44 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game. The puzzles were very good, very challenging to my wits. I quite enjoyed the story, too, and the graphics were excellently rendered. However, I was very disappointed by the ending! It felt very abrupt and almost forced. I'm glad it leaves the way clear for a sequel, but I would have liked a little bit more of an actual conclusion, maybe an explanation by Titus about what the heck just happened or something.

I didn't play either of the other Azada games, so I can't comment on the fact that this one is apparently a deviation from its predecessors. I do recommend this game for the most part, but I could wish for a better ending.

16paws
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by 16paws on Oct 27, 12 2:56 PM
Azada: In Libro was a welcome relief from games I have bought that turned out to be Hidden Object games although there was nothing to indicate that they were. Some may like Hidden Object, but I do not. I like adventure, snooping, exploring, taking an active part in a movie-format story. I'm not too fond of an abundance of puzzles, but most of those in this game were challenging without being an impediment to finishing the game, plus, with the relaxed environment (No Timed Puzzles!), the inclusion of hints and options to skip, they were, for the most part, enjoyable.

I only wish we had been given a chance to go back to previous scenes to discover if all our hard work had accomplished something, e.g. bringing characters back to life and restoration of the locations that had been ruined.

I know I did not like the first Azada in the series and didn't keep it. The second Azada was more to my liking, and In Libro was as enjoyable as the second. Because there were no piles of junk in rooms to search for meaningless objects but items scattered here and there that were necessary to the game, for the graphics and story, I would give Azada: In Libro at least a 9 out of 10.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Apr 24, 13 12:23 AM
Well I liked the game, all in all. I was surprised that I didn't miss having HOS throughout the game. Puzzles were fun and not that difficult. I think what I'm missing here is the logical progression through a game. Typically, you know what you need, i.e. a wrench, but you pretty much know where to look for it in other games, i.e. the toolbox sitting on the porch, or the garage....and with this game, Oh my, did I ever feel stupid. I bought it during a recent sale and wished they would have had the CE available during that particular sale because I had to exit out of the game and consult a walkthrough, um several times. I guess that is what I get for playing "fantasy" type games. But wow, even the hint button would only tell me " there is nothing to do here " and well, in each chapter, if you will, there were only so many places to go...thus, exit, consult walkthrough. I did manage to get through it and it wasn't that bad. I'm just glad I did purchase the CE for the next one!

Go to: