Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Secret Order: New Horizon

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 17, 11 2:46 PM
This is a very good game with a good storyline, good graphic and hogscenes. I like especially, that the hogscenes are interactive. For me its a buy

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 17, 11 3:19 PM
A good game and it's something a little different. I am enjoying the storyline and no loud music to drive you crazy. I like that it has a brightness option and graphics seem to be on the good side. Haven't had a storyline about the Mafia and I think it's about time. Will be a buy for me.. Don't know how long the game is but don't matter as if I like a game that's the main thing.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Dec 17, 11 3:24 PM
It's really interesting to me how diametrically opposed opinions can be on the same game. Not that anyone is right or wrong - because ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder - but count me as one of those who loves the overall feel of this one. It was at the top of my beta list and just to make sure, I demoed again and still think the gameplay is perfect and the graphics, a mix of gritty and pretty, are fantastic. I do miss VOs but that won't stop me from buying.

To those who it speaks to, let's hope we get more from this dev soon. To those who think it's passable, there's certainly more fish in the sea.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 17, 11 5:42 PM
Very nice SE for a change. Nice graphics, music okay but can get annoying after awhile (I just turn it down), nice game play. Hidden objects appropriate for setting and not difficult, but challenging sometimes. I like this one and will purchase for sure. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by DarkStarsD on Dec 17, 11 6:02 PM
Do you like the gameplay ... schedule I do not like this game at 4

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 18, 11 4:30 AM
schobey wrote:I really enjoyed this game. I liked the story and the adventure that went with it, I give this game 4 's. Thanks devs and .

Me too!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 18, 11 7:03 AM
This game is awesome and clever, A buy for me thx DEV's for all your hard work and time you spent on this game to please us fishes, Thx BF Your the best..

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 18, 11 7:12 AM
This is an excellent piece of work by a talented bunch of devs. It really impressed me and I had such fun playing it that I was really disappointed when I finished it. I think it is very clever and innovative and makes a refreshing change from the usual run-of-the-mill stuff.

The only criticism I found was that it's the guy's middle-aged aunt, who abandons her restaurant unattended and suddenly becomes this technically, mechanically-minded super-hero who must get all these elaborate devices working. That, for me, was rather implausible.

But the game itself is superb.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 18, 11 7:15 AM
Sheerija wrote:This is an excellent piece of work by a talented bunch of devs. It really impressed me and I had such fun playing it that I was really disappointed when I finished it. I think it is very clever and innovative and makes a refreshing change from the usual run-of-the-mill stuff.

The only criticism I found was that it's the guy's middle-aged aunt, who abandons her restaurant unattended and suddenly becomes this technically, mechanically-minded super-hero who must get all these elaborate devices working. That, for me, was rather implausible.

But the game itself is superb.

I would just like to add that I LOVED the ending. It didn't just end abruptly, but took you through a really great scene with wonderful music.

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Dec 18, 11 12:08 PM
I enjoyed this game and used one of my credits on it. I enjoy SciFi games, time travel or no. The best part - no magic, no occult, no demons so definitely a pleasant change. Other devs should take a lesson from this game that you don't have to have the occult included in order to make a good game.

I don't mind not having voice overs in the game and to be honest, most voice overs in games are extremely annoying to me and I find myself looking for a skip or continue button to get past them (especially if there are also subtitles).

I always find it interesting when someone says the graphics are grainy or fuzzy but I rarely find them so, even on my four year old laptop. The graphics where crisp, I had very little trouble with finding anything, and even the depressing feeling fit right into the story line.

I tend to explore a lot when playing a game so I often found objects I needed before I needed them so had no problem getting to a place and finding that I had to get the right objects first since I already had them. Like most other games, if you get to a spot and can't continue, go somewhere else until you find what you need.

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Dec 18, 11 3:09 PM
I've only played the demo so far but it was such a nice change to finally have an SE I can and want to use my pccs on...I like the story (though some of it is a bit contradictory), find the HOGS just right and love the interactivity. Suffice it to say that I bought it straight away and can't wait to carry on playing it. I agree with all the positives mentioned and would give it 4 out of 5 from what I've played up till now xx

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Dec 18, 11 7:37 PM
Really enjoying this game! The feel is a bit different than the usual offerings, there is a good mix of HOS and puzzles along with figuring out what to do next. I haven't needed the walkthrough yet, but have spent some time head scratching because the hint button sometimes tells me to do what I already know I need to do, but don't know how to do it! I think the graphics fit the game nicely - a bit dusky and grimy, which befits the back alleys and underpasses of a big city. Kudos to the interactive bits in the HOS, which I find neither too difficult nor too easy. I'd like to see more games like this one

lsteiner
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lsteiner on Dec 18, 11 8:42 PM
If I could have gotten out of the kitchen and back to the restaurant I would have
done what the hint kept telling me seven times.....I give up!!!!

[Post New]by elmaro on Dec 18, 11 9:13 PM
After reading the discussions, I feel like an idiot. I can't get the ice cream out of the refrigerator...can't find a ladle or food to put it on. HELP!

[Post New]by avecsi on Dec 19, 11 12:02 AM
Fantastic game. I think the developers did a super job and hoping for more from this dev.

[Post New]by pszita on Dec 19, 11 3:13 AM
I cannot wait for the MAC version of this game!!!!
Regarding to the reviews so far, this game must be a good one.
No pressure devs, but crack on with the Apple version.
Defo going to buy it!!!

[Post New]by chowchowbaby on Dec 19, 11 7:29 AM
elmaro wrote:After reading the discussions, I feel like an idiot. I can't get the ice cream out of the refrigerator...can't find a ladle or food to put it on. HELP!

Ladle/spoon next to fridge, hanging on self, grab and place on ice cream tub, got your scoop now, place on clear glass bowl on counter, next to fridge.

I like reading reviews, but rarely comment. This game compels me to tell you that it is fantastic. I've only played the demo so far, and I cannot wait to purchase. Everything that has been posted is pretty much true. This game will not dissapoint.

[Post New]by chowchowbaby on Dec 19, 11 7:30 AM
elmaro wrote:After reading the discussions, I feel like an idiot. I can't get the ice cream out of the refrigerator...can't find a ladle or food to put it on. HELP!

Ladle/spoon next to fridge, hanging on self, grab and place on ice cream tub, got your scoop now, place on clear glass bowl on counter, next to fridge.

I like reading reviews, but rarely comment. This game compels me to tell you that it is fantastic. I've only played the demo so far, and I cannot wait to purchase. Everything that has been posted is pretty much true. This game will not dissapoint.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Dec 19, 11 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more with the folks that loved this game. I must applaud the developers on their creativity ! Look forward to the next game!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 19, 11 12:46 PM
I hope its not a short game coz it is awesome!!!!!!
everything is just right including a toggle in the game for brightness!!!!
i definitely have a new game

Go to: