Reviews for Exorcist 2

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Reviews for Exorcist 2

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 20, 11 3:19 AM
I purchased this game and I thought it was an excellant game. Really enjoyed the voices in a SE. The graphics were sharp and clear. I see some of the reviewers mentioned grainy looking grahics, the graphics throughout the game were clear and sharp. I am usually complaining about small items and blur lol but not in this game.

Filled my large screen with no borders or black margins. This game was not the longest but felt I got my monies worth.

Give this game a try.

Happy gaming

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Dec 20, 11 11:19 AM
On a few of the H0 objects, I didn't know what to look for. What's a maniple? There are probably lots of people who don't know what they were. Also, had to be VERY precise with the cursor. Especially in the H0 scenes.

There were other confusing logic issues:

SPOILER: Had candles, but they wouldn't go in the holders right.

Gotta help the girl right away! Instead go look for other stuff - soap, wrench, etc. Game said to click on the symbols you saw in the loft. I hadn't been to the loft yet, so I had no idea what to do. Why would part of a tool be bolted inside a lamppost?

Overall, I just didn't like it.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 11:33:33 AM PST

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Dec 20, 11 4:12 PM
I wish I had played this game before I purchased. It is really easy, especially after playing some of the other games I have played. At times it gets a bit off track. I would say it is good for a beginner, but if you are a gamer, you might want to skip this one. I want buy another game until I play the free download first. Also, the cursor is crazy sometimes and you have to click right on the objects to pick them up. Some of the objects of things I have never heard from and I like to think I am pretty smart. Like I said perhaps this is good for beginners.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 4:13:35 PM PST

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Dec 21, 11 6:19 AM
i will try this game but i do agree with hannah57. more action adventure gigsaw puzzle games. especially like redrum and azada ce.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 21, 11 8:08 AM
I played the game unti time ran out excellent game, sounds graphics was awesome I am off to buy thx DEV and BF for all your hard work on this game..

[Post New]by TxRabbit on Dec 21, 11 2:31 PM
Still playing what's a fair game. But the animated scenes tend to drag my system, and there are FAR FAR too many dialogue scene that go on forever. At least you can space bar or click your way through them, but they are tedious. Plus, no strategy guide, but the hint button will steer you to where you need to go and only recharges when you actually receive a hint. So there are pros and cons. But those endless dialogues scenes should be shorter, skipable, or just not used.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 21, 11 8:46 PM
Well I just finished the game, and I really hope they make a part three. I enjoyed this game alot. I love spooky stories, have to say I am not fond of things pertaining to the exorcist, but, this game was fun and challenging for me. Hidden object scenes were big enough to find, really liked that. Over all, this is excellent.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 21, 11 8:50 PM
A spooky but entertaining game. I enjoyed it very much. There were a few HOGs but well done and clear. The mini games were very unique and imaginative. Good to see something different from pipes and blocks! However, they were somewhat difficult for me and did not have great explanations. I did skip almost all. Some were just tedious and time consuming and I am not one with a lot of patience! LOL. The ending was weak...I was surprised when it ended as I wasn't expecting it.
Not the longest game I've played but a good length and and fun.

For those players who whine constantly about demons etc, common sense should tell you this is not the game for you...

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 8:50:23 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 22, 11 4:24 AM

I really loved the demo and I was very sorry when my time was up. The voices are very good and add to game quite a bit.

I will have to wait until next month to buy but it is definitely high on my list.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Dec 22, 11 2:48 PM
Enjoyed the game. I think the graphics are some of the best I have seen in a while. The story line & voices were good as well. There were not that many HOG's in it but it did keep be entertained until the very end. I think it left room for a part 3 as well.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 23, 11 1:06 PM
Just finished this GEM, and have to give the developers Intenium, a HUGE thumbs up ...LOVED IT .

I really enjoyed the story, and thought the cut scenes were so well done, along with the voice overs and dialogue, all of this really added to the story, which I felt was done so good, that it sucked me right in, which tells me that the developer has really done, his/her job well when making a great game .
Belphegor's voice was PERFECT, I turned my speakers way up, and it sounded AWESOME, c-r-e-e-p-y, and just what I expect from the Exorcist 2, although there were some humorus parts, the developers did not lack in the area's that needed the fear factor.
I think Necronomicon, The book of the dead names, the most powerful compendium of demonology and dark arts, is a book that I would love to read, if it were real..lol.
I don't care for slasher movies, were they are just killing people, one by one, but I find exorcism, very interesting, so this game really held my interest, and was just so fun to play.
I loved the scenes, before the end of the game, don't want to say to much for those who haven't finished yet, but I really enjoyed the enviorment, so cool, loved working through that part.
I did have a couple of errors that shut down the game 2 times, it said, encountered unrecoverable error, and unable to continue, never had that error before, so don't know what caused it, but after I re-started the game, I was able to continue without any problems, both times, so was happy that I could finish the game.
For me, the graphics were clear, and I just think this game was AWESOME, and so FUN to play.
Maybe I am a slow player because I thought it had a nice length, and it was WELL worth the spent, and I didn't find it to easy, like some suggested, it was perfect, for me .
I would love to see a part 3, would be a must buy, for sure, developers , so I will be watching and waiting .
Thanks BF and Intenium, and Merry Christmas everyone, and as always happy gaming ...hope you get lots of ... .

hunny89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hunny89 on Dec 23, 11 9:15 PM
I must agree with you...these games are just that...games. And those who don't like the demon themed need not play if they do not want to be offended. I totally under-stand their wish for more non-demon themed games, but please, folks, don't assume you are in the majority. Many of us are fine with the games that have darker themes...as long as they are tastefully executed and not recruiting us to the dark side!

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Dec 25, 11 11:38 PM
I found this beyond tedious! I love HOGs and play lots of them but definitely NOT this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 26, 11 4:54 PM
This game is a little bit better as Exorcist 1, but still not a good hog-game in my opinion. For me its a "no buy".

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 28, 11 7:25 PM
All in all, this game was better than the first. Good voiceovers, graphics and the HOG's were easy, but did anyone find a couple of the puzzles difficult?
I had to get my partner to help out so I wouldn't skip anything but other than that I give it a 4 out of 5.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jan 2, 12 2:03 PM
Totally enjoyed it! I skipped some puzzles too, and didn't find the game "easy" but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, apparently. Liked it way more than the first one.

Someone else mentioned the movie scaring the bejesus out of them when they were a teen. Me too! I've never watched it again and never will. But this is totally different and quite tongue-in-cheek I think. Not scary but creepy, and most of all---fun!!!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Jan 7, 12 8:33 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game with it's good storyline, graphics, mini-games and not too many HOS.
It was quite short but didn't detract from the enjoyment.
The only slight downside for me was the terrible over-acting of the 'Hero' whose voice really grated!

Thank you.

[Post New]by cribby89 on Jan 7, 12 9:04 AM
Hey Fishies, just played about 5 min of this and decided to quit. It was too laggy and I don't have the patience. The cursor was also annoying. I should've at least played the hour, but it moved so slow that it just sucked the fun out of the game. Where are all the good 6.99 games?

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 9:14 AM
This game was very enjoyable to play even with the type of tittle it have, it was not very scary at all, nice great scenes, nice story line and pretty lengthy too.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jan 11, 12 5:06 PM
liked this game a lot but u have to be persistent if u think something fits somewhere it wont...some times i tried 3 or 4 times to get things to fit

Go to: