LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 20, 11 5:51 PM
SHORT GAME

It seems all of the topics that say this is a short game are being locked.

I finished the demo in 40 minutes. I didn't skip any puzzles. According to the walkthrough the demo is almost half of the game. It seems that the whole game could be completed in under 2 hours. Gamers really like to play holiday themed games this time of year and this one could have been very enjoyable if it wasn't so short.

I like the scenes and the atmosphere of the game. Unfortunately there are many items labeled in a way that you don't know what to look for. If this had been what I consider a whole game I think I could have gotten past the mislabeled items and the automated voice intro because the scenes are so cute.

Maybe next year it will be a daily deal.

Update:
Since I had 20 minutes left to play, I went back and created another profile and played in the expert mode. Since I had already played each scene, and the objects are exactly the same, I was able to complete the demo again and this time in only 20 minutes in the expert mode. I couldn't see what the difference was between the regular mode and expert mode.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 21, 11 2:25 AM
well then the people who are having the white screen problem really are not missing out on a good game So i am not as frustrated anymore that I can't play it Thank you everyone for letting us know the game is probaly not worth the hassel!!!

[Post New]by boyarin on Dec 21, 11 3:40 AM
I was looking for Christmas game.... and here it its!The demo took me 50 minutes, then i bought it. So I can tell you next:
- It wasn't difficult fo me to deal with ****
-I enjoyed holiday sounds they were making a magic atmosphere
-My little son was dancing while i was playing the game
The developers did their best. The game isn't difficult, it's a good choice for HOLIDAYS!

Merry Christmas all FISHES!

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Dec 21, 11 5:48 AM
This is a game I was excited about when I saw it, wow was I glad I did not buy this! The graphics were nice at first, then realized I had to chase a custom cursor around. It froze then took off on its own! Finally changed it over to regular cursor, and low and behold, it did not work no matter where you pointed. went back to custom cursor and game Froze again. Ten minutes gone at that point...finally started to play then game FROZE totally. BF, you need to check out the games you offer more closely. This is a game that makes BF look bad. Other game sites may be more expensive, but lately they have decent games. THIS GAME IS A TRUE WASTE OF TIME, move on to a game that will be fun for you.

[Post New]by _pegroup_ on Dec 21, 11 6:49 AM
I can't agree with ibnurdreamz. Although the game has some minor issues but in general in looks just great! Good sound, magic scenario, very friendly and come very opportunely for Christmas!

I'm going to buy it for a present to my kinds!!!

[Post New]by macalove on Dec 21, 11 1:13 PM
Really nice and fun game for me. I came to find a Christmas game and i FIND IT! This game is cute and pretty easy as for me but if you have a child or kid in you house play with him and help sometimes. I have some small non critical glitches and thats all!!
Merry Christmas!

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Dec 21, 11 4:31 PM
I enjoyed the graphics in this game - very seasonal. However the game was far too short for the money I paid. I bought "Twisted: a Haunted Carol" last year and it was excellent - good graphics, game-play, length, etc. I was hoping this one would be of the same quality. It's probably a better game for kids but still a little pricey for what you get.

Draclvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Draclvr on Dec 23, 11 8:51 AM
Nice little Christmas game, but I always feel a little cheated when I pay $6.99 for a 90 minute game. I remember feeling the same way with the Twisted Christmas Carol last year. I felt like I wasted a credit.

Other than the grossly inadequate length, the graphics were very nice and the music was wonderful. The game play was a nice mix of hidden objects and little puzzles. However, there is no excuse for the misspellings and inadequate translation in the hidden objects. If you are marketing to an English speaking audience, it doesn't take much to be sure the names for the objects will spelled correctly and be familiar words.

I had none of the white screen or cursor issues others did. I played on the computer I built a couple of years ago with a fairly fast processor, 4 GB of RAM and a very good GTX 260 video card. I did have a game play glitch that would not be resolved by the usual suspects such as uninstalling and reinstalling. I had to start over and even then held my breath as I solved the puzzled and went to push the button. But it worked and I was able to finish the game shortly afterwards.

[Post New]by jeremy_dron on Dec 23, 11 9:19 AM
I do not like write reviews. But I like Christmas atmosphere of this game and very
nice graphics and story. No technical problems at all.
And by the way I bought this game for my friends.

Pleasant Christmas **** game, thanks Big Fish.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 26, 11 4:58 PM
This game is "okay", not really special in my opinion. It has a nice holiday theme, but I can`t say another positive word about this game. No buy for me

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 27, 11 7:29 AM
this was an ok game , but as lizzie k said, it is too short

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jan 1, 12 12:41 PM
This game is quite good, it has good graphics too, but I had 14 minutes left of the demo and was half way through the game. Way too short, so no buy for me.

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Jan 14, 12 2:13 PM
I found the game delightful. The graphics were colorful and lavish. It was much more interesting than many reviews suggested. I was disappointed when the trial ended and that is always a sign that I am caught up in a game. That is what makes a game good for me, that I am involved enough to feel a jolt when brought back to reality.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 29, 12 10:58 AM
Well, I don't know if it is me or my computer (which is a new one), but this game seems to get stuck. Made it about 15 minutes into the demo and was just on the verge of getting bored when I couldn't seem to get her dressed completely even though I had acquired all the necessary items. Beat around for most of the time and then gave it up. Had to turn the music off immediately. How annoying, even when I just turned it down. Didn't have trouble with the custom curser. Oh well....not for me, especially at full price.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 1, 12 7:02 PM
This is an absolutely charming game, one that will delight the kid in you or the kids in your family. It has good music, beautiful graphics, and lots and lots and lots of hidden object scenes.

It's clearly created by a team that doesn't have English as their first, or maybe even second, language, so there are some bobbles in wording here and there. Also, sometimes the story is a little disjointed, but the game is just so pretty, and so much fun--and relaxing--that the little things don't matter.

This is in many ways an old school game with Christmas magic. I'm glad I bought it.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Dec 2, 12 3:13 AM
A cute little game that was fun to play. The Christmas setting and the beautiful music put me into the Christmas spirit. Quite a few Hidden Object scenes, but very well done. I enjoyed playing it.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 3:15:44 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 27, 12 10:16 AM
Whole game only took me about 1hr 40mins and I was playing in hardest mode and not fast, I was looking at everything and playing very relaxed/slow.
This is obviously aimed at children and not even the child in us adults as it was so easy. I don’t know what age of child as at the beginning I thought maybe a 5 or 6 yr old could do it but think with a couple of puzzles it would be more suited for 8-10yr olds?

I do wish more Christmas themed HOPAs were for adults. I loved the graphics, the Christmas scenes, clear fun HOS, and as I love Christmas I had fun while playing it.

There was the occasional voiceover but only in major cutscenes and not when generally talking to characters but you need the music on to hear them and it was hard to make it out.

There were black bars on my NON widescreen. Hints and tips on hardest.

There were two level of hardness but hardest still had black bar tips, task list.

There is a journal which gives tasks, and notes and task list is basically a walkthrough when I looked at it. This was at the beginning so I did stop looking when I realised this, don’t know about later in the game.

Fellina your character is a child that has never done anything bad in her life so is the only one who can rescue santa who has been kidnapped by the icy elf.

There are only about 5 puzzles (with skip button) match pair, jigsaw, and the first one I’d say was the most tricky of them all.

18 list HOS
and none of them were repeated (yes!) There was the odd hard to find item and you usually had to click in a scene a couple of time to find a couple of different areas – to find more items. Items in view are white on the list, but blue if hidden and in a different area.

There were also a couple of find items for a recipe or something as well as find ‘x’ items. I found a couple of one scene to be very hard to find and well blended in.

If it was longer then I’d recommend it even for children but even for them I’d think it would be very short. If it was a lot longer with a couple of very slightly harder interactions or puzzles then I’d even recommend it for the child in us or those who love easy games.

Shame about the length and the easiness (for my sake) as it was a good Christmas game, but due to that it’s a no recommendation and not even for a DD.

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 10:17:53 AM PST

Go to: