Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ruella on Jan 9, 12 3:10 PM
Im have a problem with punching in my word at the Nurses station..Get the first 2 letters 'BL then when I go to the O it changes the L so in effect can only punch in 2 letters ..so cannot advance... my word is correct also I tried other suggested words with the same results 1st two letters only.. is there any way around this please...tries 2 days now..Thanks.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by 44libragirl on Jan 10, 12 11:38 AM
I cannot go back in the game to the front gate to fix the wires. I can go to the three doors that are opened (to the hospital; childhood home; and psychiatric ward). I can also get down to the sewer but unable to go out the grate. When I go in the circle room I can't go back out no matter where I put my cursor. I am unable to get the tears from the spank machine to move on I presume to get the ladder and do the tear gas. Do I abandon game and start over? I've read all of the suggestions posted and have been unsuccessful. Is this a glitch?

[Post New]by latinrebel on Jan 10, 12 7:26 PM
I am at the hospital and trying to change the numbers on the freezer dials but nothing happens. I know the code but the dials don't move no matter how many times or where I touch it. I still get a lot of white blocks throughout the game and the hint button rarely works. I have already redownloaded the game. What am I doing wrong? Any advice. I appreciate it.

[Post New]by latinrebel on Jan 10, 12 7:29 PM
Also, what happens and why would a red pill disappear? I had three and I think it accidentally dropped into the xray machine and have been unable to retrieve it. Anybody?

wildone667
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wildone667 on Jan 14, 12 10:19 PM
after the game downloads it says dmractivator is not working, tried everything to activate this game, uninstalled and installed 3 times, game manager was uninstalled and installed again 1 time did what the help pages said about making sure everything was how it was supposed to be and still no game. twice it already told me I played the game and I needed to buy the game to activate it and I already bought it. went through my whole computer to see if somethings wrong on my end and nothing. other games will play and activate but not this one. anyone have any suggestions cause its the weekend and don't think anyones working that can help. I feel like such an idiot somedays with this computer stuff. LOL . Maybe I need to find a teenager to help me fix it. lol

[Post New]by mescalero on Jan 15, 12 8:43 AM
hi!! i got the stork key and have to go to the hub, put the key in and take 6 tokens. but there are no tokens the door opens and i can go through it. what to do????

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 15, 12 12:33 PM
mescalero wrote:hi!! i got the stork key and have to go to the hub, put the key in and take 6 tokens. but there are no tokens the door opens and i can go through it. what to do????
If you're playing the Standard Edition, that's exactly what should happen - door tokens are part of the CE only.

Dog Food Cans

[Post New]by shrubs on Jan 15, 12 9:23 PM
Hi all, I have the dog food cans, I have put them in the correct order, I have flicked the switch, I have nothing......................waaaah! Therefore I can not get to the cellar. Poop............anybody got any ideas? (I have looked through the walkthrough and I cannot see why this is not working)....thanking you in advance.

SLVRFX101
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by SLVRFX101 on Jan 19, 12 7:47 AM
The hint button won't work. And I haven't played in 2 weeks , not sure where I left off, and can't seem to find right place even after looking through the walk through. START OVER?? Oh no

SLVRFX101
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by SLVRFX101 on Jan 19, 12 7:52 AM
SLVRFX101 wrote:The hint button won't work. And I haven't played in 2 weeks , not sure where I left off, and can't seem to find right place even after looking through the walk through. START OVER?? Oh no

Shouldn't the game start where you left from?

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 7:52:36 AM PST

[Post New]by lanesll on Jan 24, 12 11:25 AM
.I am having trouble with the delivery of the baby I have tried five times with five different names each time I got different numbers very hard to put them in the lever doesn't move right are both lights suposed to turn green top and bottom.the gages only move in crements of five so if I get 9 10 9 it shows 10 10 10 one gages.I am at a stand still I think I will ask for my money back This is a crapy game. I have installed it twice

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 24, 12 5:09 PM
lanesll wrote:.I am having trouble with the delivery of the baby I have tried five times with five different names each time I got different numbers very hard to put them in the lever doesn't move right are both lights suposed to turn green top and bottom.the gages only move in crements of five so if I get 9 10 9 it shows 10 10 10 one gages.I am at a stand still I think I will ask for my money back This is a crapy game. I have installed it twice
I don't think this is a technical error but maybe you're misunderstanding the task? I'm not sure what you mean by it only moves in increments of 5, because that would mean the only two numbers the gauges could point at would be 5 and 10. Imagine the gauges as clocks - 10 10 10 would mean all three dials should point at 10 'o clock, not 10 minutes past.

Oh and there are no lights related to this game. I think what you mean are the red and green buttons on the delivery shoot. When you have set the gauges right you should just hit the green button.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 5:11:27 PM PST

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Jan 30, 12 6:22 PM
This is the second machine I have tried to play this game on and again, I got an error and booted out. But that is ok as I have decided that BF should have given more thought to this "biggest" game.
(1) For anyone wearing bifocals, hunting for objects that should "morph" is just tiresome. My eyes hurt and the morphing did not last long enough usually to identify. Took lots of demo time which is rather irritating.
(2) Have two good gaming systems and the same jerky pointer issue happened on both. Then when I took the cursor down to my inventory, it would go crazy jumping all over the place.
(3) I have direct X as most people do. Why were we required to sign another agreement?
Sorry BF, will definitely not be buying this game. Should have stuck with an earlier MCF version of fun.

Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by mccantsbee on Feb 2, 12 11:51 AM
I have a question about the blue pills, I placed all of them in the funnel - and when I press the two red buttons, nothing happens. I re-checked all the places where the pills were and they are not there... I can't get the key out of the glass.

[Post New]by Corysgirl on Feb 8, 12 12:55 PM
Is anyone having problems with game nonresponsive after going through doors?
I have been having a problem that tech support hasn't been able to fix. Has anyone had a problem with the game not responding after going from one of the five doors to another. Game seems to play fine but after I move from one of the five doors to another my curser still works but nothing responds. Can't get to inventory, menu or move to any of the places the curser points to. Have to open task manager to close game. When I restart I can play for a little while but then it's non-repsonsive again. My Win7 64bit greatly exceeds all system requirements and I have the latest graphics card driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My computer specs are:
Win 7 64 Bit
Nvidia 440 3GB dedicated graphics card
Intel Core 7 quad processor
1.5 TB Hard drive
9 GB DDRE Ram
Direct X 11

Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Art_Carnage on Feb 8, 12 9:40 PM
mccantsbee wrote:I have a question about the blue pills, I placed all of them in the funnel - and when I press the two red buttons, nothing happens. I re-checked all the places where the pills were and they are not there... I can't get the key out of the glass.

Did you read the patient's chart (on the clipboard)? Important info.

[Post New]by handmaida on Feb 9, 12 11:08 AM
I am at the scene with the violinist, but I am unable to zoom in on the fallen rocks. Nor can I use my pick-ax to get at the last handle or the letter "v". (I know I am suposed to chisel through the rocks to get the objects from the forum walk through.) I have not had any problems up to this point. What do I need to do?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 9, 12 1:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

If the game is giving you trouble with the game play, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps (This won't lose your place in the game but it can help make sure the puzzles are working if they're not acting like they should).

If you're still having trouble after that I'd click the green envelope to the right and one of our Tech Support reps would be happy to help.

Hope that helps

bfgCimarron

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 9, 12 1:43 PM
handmaida wrote:I am at the scene with the violinist, but I am unable to zoom in on the fallen rocks. Nor can I use my pick-ax to get at the last handle or the letter "v". (I know I am suposed to chisel through the rocks to get the objects from the forum walk through.) I have not had any problems up to this point. What do I need to do?
You need to see (and click on) the relevant "something ..." photograph.

dspsunrise
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dspsunrise on Feb 14, 12 6:56 PM
I am in the hospital morgue and have changed the dial numbers on the drawer to the correct numbers but the handle won't open the drawer so I can't move on to the eye chart and the nurses station. What do I need to do?

Go to: