DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Kristifun
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by Kristifun on Jul 29, 09 3:52 AM
prpldva wrote:I agree with Mummypops and Gringojoy- thought this was a pretty good game!

I agree with you both,guys. It was a nice HOG,even if similar with the other ones.(HOG-s)

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 29, 09 4:04 AM
Bought the game on daily deals for 2.99. Was bored very quickly. But for the price I like it enough.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 7, 10 7:24 PM
I enjoyed the game. It did take me 3-4 hours, so I guess I am not a very fast player. It was worth the price for the daily deal for me.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 9, 10 5:36 AM
I agree, this game is way too short. I was totally surprised when it ended, I thought I still had a ways to go. And I agree about not knowing why the detective was there in the first place. It has been a while since I played Haunted Hotel, so maybe the answer lies there. Really disappointing!

[Post New]by Sedona2002 on Feb 13, 10 7:37 PM
I really liked this game. Did not look at Forum till I completed it. I do not like to use hints, like to take my time. I liked the scenes, some of the objects were small, but findable after some searching. I thought the mini-games were fine, the story was pretty good. I'll buy the next one.
For $2.99, I think it was a good game value.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Jun 4, 10 3:01 PM
prchalpn wrote:Bought the game on daily deals for 2.99. Was bored very quickly. But for the price I like it enough.

Not even for the price for me, was bored within 5 minutes.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Jun 4, 10 7:35 PM
rootbeer541 wrote:Do not waste your credit/money/time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head. Didn't even bother finishing the demo!

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jun 5, 10 12:12 PM
Definitely not for me, even at $2.99. Very boring, inferior game. Not much effort was put into this one, or else someone has a very poor imagination!

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jun 5, 10 12:52 PM
i AM ENJOYING THE GAME!!! I am in the basement of the basement and can't get the alcohol to pour over the painted over clue.............Anyone get this far?? For the money its a good afternoons entertainment. I'm pretty new to these **** games but have done pretty well with them. I only played Mah Jong before. When I started I got some deep/complicated (to me) games eg RTR plus about 20 others many of which I am still working on or haven't even started. Those of you who have played for a long time dont consider this game as a challenge because you are too good and need something new. But for us newbies, don't take these simpler games away. We need to learn; but we get great pleasure over solving some of these you oldies scorn. Babies don't start out running and new pilots don't fly the blackbird when they first start. If you are optically challenged,have slow reflexes, or are new to the adventure type games take heart. There are good games for us here on BFG. Read the forums, yes, but take the hours test run and decide for yourself if this is a game you will enjoy and can win!!!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 6, 10 12:52 AM
I wish I hadn't wasted my $2.99 on this game. First of all I ended up muting the sound because it was so irritating. Secondly, I had to keep putting on stronger computer glasses because the hidden objects were so tiny. Now I have eye strain, a headache and upon finishing this inferior game I made a mental note not to ever buy a Haunted Hotel game again. I wouldn't even download if it were free! Usually I'm very positive and look for the good in a game - but I couldn't find anything good about this one except for the fact that it's over and I've thankfully "trashed" it already. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a -10.

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 12:53:48 AM PST

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 6, 10 1:02 AM
BellaSwan_Cullen wrote:
rootbeer541 wrote:Do not waste your credit/money/time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head. Didn't even bother finishing the demo!

not my either ...tried to finish the demo ...but it got the better of me

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jun 17, 10 6:08 AM
I simply HATED this game. It didn't have a plot, it had the same items to find in every scene.. paper clip, apple, hat, mouse, etc etc. Items that had absolutely nothing to do with any kind of investigation. And it just quit.. I was ready for it. I was tired of the whole thing. Come on BF.. You can do better than this.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 17, 10 6:25 AM
gringojoy wrote:I LOVE this game & I'll buy the next one!
Looking forward to the next part of the game!!

I agree! I also don't hate the first Haunted Hotel game and still replay it occasionally, skipping through the dialogue then. Great clear graphics!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 17, 10 6:28 AM
barbM wrote:One of the longest I've played is Mystery of Sleepy Hollow it goes on and on

Actually though Sleepy Hollow has great length, Secret Of Margrave Manor is even longer!

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Sep 14, 10 7:43 PM
yep, pretty damn lame AND short !!

Boopersgid
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Boopersgid on Oct 17, 10 9:55 AM
The game was ok but way to short. I feel like I got cheated, it only lasted one day.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Nov 4, 10 1:17 PM
Just when you think there is more to it, it's over! I can't believe how short this game is. So not worth the money - even 4.99 was way too much.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 18, 11 8:34 AM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is HOG with IHOG and rather simple. The storyline is interesting, sadly though very short.

This game is a C.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 18, 11 9:02 AM
mummypops wrote:I liked this game and bought it.

Welcome to the pond, Brandysnap, Ann 1 and rootbeer541, have fun

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 9:04:19 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 18, 11 8:31 PM
ADTech wrote:DISAGREE STONGLY with rootbeer. this was a great game that was fun to play, Also feel that rootbeer did write a proffesional opinion of the game. If you did not like the game you should give specefic reasons as why you did not like the game, this was not done in this case. Also it is not your responsibility to tell people whether they should buy a game. You should only critique the game and then let people decide on their own. I have previously submitted a detailed critique of this game on previous occassions and so will not repeat them here. Unless you can write a proffessional critique that gives specific reasons that support your opinion then the post is of no value.

I agree with you ADTech, Plus the fact that you are spending only $3.00 for a game! What else can you do for an hour and a half (if that is truely how long it seems to have taken most folks) for that price????

Go to: