cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builder: Eiffel Tower

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 9, 12 12:32 AM
ETA ...

I did buy this game and, while it is a bit monotonous, I managed to play all the way through to Level 27 where you have to click on 30 thieves . Even with a game where you can proceed to the next level without doing it in a gold time this was far too much clicking for my hand as it took about 7/10 clicks per thief and so if you know anybody that wants an Eiffel Tower that looks like this, I'm your woman

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp
pp pp pp
pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
i pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jan 9, 12 10:05 AM
This game has some interesting info and can be fun.However, for those with arthritis, the "click fest" of getting 30 thieves is just ridiculous. Devs, please consider that some of your customers may not be able to do this or it may aggravate physical conditions. It is possible to have a fun game without putting someone through excessive and unnecessary clicking! Thanks

[Post New]by my3s0ns on Jan 9, 12 3:26 PM
I did not find this game fun. I hunt through the "time management" genre looking for games similar to Royal Envoy because I enjoy the thought process required to figure out how to pass the level. I have tried the HOG genre and get bored. I loved both Royal Envoy games as well as one called Word of Zellians which also required thought process to pass the levels. It took planning for placement, etc. I don't prefer the time management portion but the puzzle challenge of the process. Can anyone recommend something similar to the Royal Envoy collection or the likes of in similar? It would be much appreciated!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Jan 9, 12 5:36 PM
I Love TM/Strategy games and I was a little hesitant at first, but as I had a credit I figured "nothing lost, nothing gained" I am still playing and STILL confused by this game. I want so much to enjoy it but am sometimes at a loss on how to achieve gold. I so want it to be good but am a little perplexed. It reminds me a little bit of Roads of Rome, just a little bit. I "think" I like it...if I could just get my head around it. HA HA! I'm going back to it now, so I guess that is a good thing. It has me frustrated enough to want to keep playing till I get it "figured" out. Not quite a B for me, more like a C+ with a chance of getting a better grade, after some hard work.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 23, 12 11:31 PM
I enjoyed this game.

First, it isn't extremely challenging so for those of you hard core gamers, you won't like it.

I liked that it was educational which is a great plus when it comes to games with me.

I was able to get gold on all the levels except the two where you had to kill a bunch of thieves. Again, all that multiple clicking is difficult for me, makes me lose all the sensation in my fingers. However on the whole it was not a major click fest as some of these games are.

Yes the levels were repetitive at times but each one had its own set goal and gave you something to work for as I enjoy those type of challenges: here is your goal now go accomplish it.

I have played better games in this genre and I have played worse. I'd say this one is good if you are getting tired of all the HOGs and need a break.

Enjoy!

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Kinda fun until you got to level 4-8....argh.

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Feb 8, 12 7:50 PM
Love TM management games. This one seemed to move along and by level 4, was actually pretty fun...until... Level 4-8, the whole object is to rapidly click on one robber after another and amass gold. This level is a PITA. After four tries at, "click-o-mania..." I gave up.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Feb 27, 12 7:30 AM

I'm not a big fan of TM's but I was eager to play anticipating some interesting history/trivia as major part of the game. Instead I experienced the negatives so well stated by earlier postings. At least when we had the option to rebuild Rome there was an energy...an expectation from the workers. I lasted long enough to cut the trees and send them off on the cart but I'm sorry...where is the "Oh boy!" challenge?
I came out to the Forum to see if it was me or the game developers. So much time and effort goes into creating a game it saddens me when I know the majority of us are just going to hit "delete."
This is a definite "pass" for me.

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on Mar 4, 12 2:36 AM
Okay, after playing it through, I feel I must balance the critics here, a bit.

I sure liked it.
That some call the graphics rudimentary and/or sloppy seems weird. Compared to others - I don't think I'm allowed to name them - it's actually rather detailed and almost beautiful, if not as "cute" as others.

I must say, I could totally live with less "cute", for a change ;-).

For difficulty, I'd say medium. I finished with the last 5 silver only. Except for the very last, which was "easy" again, compared.
(That one "clickfest" is a real challenge indeed and probably not feasible for anyone with any medical problems, though.)

For all others, it will be a nice change from all the "cute" and a relief from the rudimentary (and ugly) running games you find all over the genre.

Do give it a chance!

SharonGia
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by SharonGia on Apr 5, 12 12:41 PM
Well I love this game and I agree with the others who say you really need to play for awhile to give it a fair chance.

The beginning may start out slow and confusing (tutorial is not that great) but once you know how to get certain resources, and once you progress more in the game you see that it requires alot of strategy to know what to build and in what order.

It is different in the other building games in that this concentrates alot on the delivery of the resources, as well as buying other resources with the gold you acquire.

Give it a good chance and play more than a few levels before you decide.

Sharon

[Post New]by decrepitude on Nov 4, 12 2:23 AM
I bought this game because I owned, and liked, the Statue of Liberty one. Despite arthritis in my hands I got through that one with almost entirely gold levels.

But this one! I simply cannot finish it and it is annoying the hell out of me. What on earth makes developers think it a good idea to include, on a game that purports to be a strategy game, a level that needs nothing but super-fast clicking? I'm talking about the one where you have to "bash" 30 thieves and get 750 gold. Has anybody actually done this level? For me it is completely impossible, and it doesn't seem possible to get to the next level without completing it. I can manage to see off 28-29 thieves if I try really hard - but by then so many have escaped with some gold that I'm lucky if I have 200 left. So here I am with a game I can't complete.

I had intended to buy the Titanic one as well but now I daren't in case it includes a similar level.

[Post New]by conflay on Dec 2, 12 8:25 PM
Level 4.8 clicking 30 robbers is extremely difficult on iPhone, please fix thank you.

[Post New]by brianeld on Mar 28, 13 6:36 PM
don't waste Your money

[Post New]by JMC4632 on Mar 7, 14 9:53 PM
With much perseverance, I managed to get 30 thieves but couldn"t get more than 200 gold! where do I get the extra gold from? the rest of the thieves disappear and there is no where to go then. Can some clever bod out there help a Granny, please???

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Apr 26, 14 7:52 PM
Beware of this game!

I was greatly enjoying it until the dreaded level 4-8. I have played all the other Monument Builder games, and gotten all gold. They are very much about strategy - you really have to think quickly. Fantastic series. Yes, this is one of the very first and is a bit dated, but still challenging.

Except - it may end abruptly for you when you reach level 4-8. I'm pretty good at this games, and a fairly fast clicker. But I could not get past this level, the thieves just come too fast towards the end. All of a sudden, they are all gone and you not only can't finish the level - you can't finish the game! All the other games in this series you can finish no matter how long it takes. Not this game. You need money, and there is absolutely no way to get it.

It is really frustrating to buy a game that you miss the final 12 levels because you can't click fast enough. A lot of people have had problems with it. I played the games where you had to kill rats and snakes and whatever and never had any problem. This was beyond me, and very disappointing.

Go to: