schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten

[Post New]by schobey on Jan 6, 12 5:00 PM
Finally downloaded this game. I really enjoyed this game alot. The only thing I did not like was the ending. Too abrupt. Other then that was good bang for the credit I used. Well worth it. Thanks .

dotw
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by dotw on Jan 7, 12 4:54 PM
What a boring game and a cheesy ending...glad i did not pay for this, used game club reward...and since ther are not many games available that are NOT collector games, i got it. Glad i did not waste money on this.

dot

judieau
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by judieau on Jan 7, 12 9:01 PM
This game just didn't do it for me sorry Devs. It just had no substance and the storyline was airy fairy with no well-defined finish, or at the very least you were left wondering.

There were also a lot of hidden object scenes and in fact so many, my thoughts were "oh no, not another one!".

Some of the objects needed were beyond comprehension as to what to do with them, as instructions were not clear, and I also had no idea what they were.

It almost seemed the Devs were in a rush to get this one out with the barest storyline and instructions.

This was one game out of very many I have bought, that I regretted buying.

On a positive note, the graphics were great.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Jan 9, 12 12:33 PM
To my surprise I enjoyed this game. The graphics were really good.

Yes the voice most of the time didn't match what was on the screen and the ending was abrupt.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jan 13, 12 11:21 PM
Personally, I usually love this type of game; but for several reasons, did not care for this one. The hint would keep showing the same thing over and over, but no hint on what to do with it. Didn't like the music. Found game to be boring. Quit after 21 minutes of the demo.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jan 15, 12 1:57 PM
Had to buy! I mean I have the first one -- and based on the positive reviews... well I bought.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 20, 12 11:01 PM
Do yourself a favor...save your money or punch card credit. I had puchased the game with a pcc since I had enjoyed the first one but whoa...should have saved it. The verbal does not even come close to matching up with the written text when the character has something to say. I was half way through the game and had an access error violation which made me have to clear out the saved game and restart. Now after that, I had gotten further than the first time and guess what....Another seperate access violation. Between having to hit the object you were looking for on that exact spot after clicking 10 times, some of the odd uses for interactive items, the mini games, the errors, etc. this just left me completely frustrated. I don't think I have ever had a game with this many bad points about it of the 300 or so that I have purchased, actually I know I haven't. The one good point was the graphics which another poster pointed out.
Do yourself a favor....find a better game to use your money or pcc on. IMO it just isn't worth all the problems and frustration.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 26, 12 5:37 PM
Interesting little game, however there were so many mini games and HOGS, I kind of lost track of the story. I did enjoy it and felt it was worth the money. Mini game are different and unique...mini game freaks should love them. I'm am NOT a mini game lover so I skipped almost all of them. HOGs are interactive and get more interactive as the game progresses. By the end you are searching for all the items behind stuff and under stuff and putting things together. The HOGs are mixed with IHOGs and shadow HOGs (my favorite). But, like I said, there are a lot of them so if you don't like these kind of games, don't bother, it will drive you nuts.

Nice clear graphics. I immediately shut the sound off to get rid of that awful voice over, but kept the music on which wasn't all that bad. Hint button recharges quickly but is not the greatest help at times. Skip button takes awhile.

One thing to be aware of...be sure you place that cursers directly where it is suppose to be otherwise it will not engage. Make sure the finger is on where you want it to go. This was the most frustrating part of the game.

I give this a 4 , despite all the HOGs and mini games.

[Post New]by Kathilliana on Feb 4, 12 12:30 AM
I'm surprised at all the complaints about the HOG part of this game. It IS a hidden object game. That's what I was expecting to get.

There's so many silly little mini games, though, I feel it shouldn't be classified as a full HOG.

The mini games are ANNOYING. (Click your mouse as fast as you can, find the exact sequence of 25 buttons, etc.)

Not bad HOG effort, but I found a couple of misspellings. I had to find pumkin and ligth.

I feel this was a rushed project; lots of going back to the same exact place immediately to find a whole new list of objects.

I was also annoyed that you could never find an object early. If you click something you don't need yet, you don't get it. It tripped me up a few times not rechecking spots I'd already checked.

I agree with those who said it was a very abrupt ending.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 25, 12 12:10 AM
Lost Lagoon 2 from Intenium does not play widescreen & does not have many options however the graphics are crisp & there is some lovely artwork. There are voiceovers & I found if you clicked they still continued but you could carry on searching the scene.

There are 2 modes of play, casual with a 60 second hint, a misclick loop de loop & sparkles or Expert with a 2 minute hint & no sparkles. The hint button will tell you if a location has nothing left to do or where to go next if you are in a scene with an action due.

There are some lovely background sounds & the music suits the game location which is an island where you have been shipwrecked. You have to break a curse & escape before you become a sacrifice for the local islanders.

The H0 scenes are either word lists, with some interesting interactive items or a silhouette search; these were pretty easy but don’t be too sure you have finished the H0; often you have to go back into it to perform an action. The mini games were fun & ranged from very easy to ‘needs a lot of thought’, I enjoyed playing these.

There areas lot of areas to visit but you won’t need a map; the story seems a bit vague & the gameplay is mainly about the H0s & puzzles but I liked the look of this & it is a game with a sense of humour.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Mar 4, 12 8:00 AM
GREAT GAME.!!!!!!! it was long enough that i felt like i really got my moneys worth.i liked the fact that there were the two different hos. the regular and the silouhetted.good variety. the only things i didn't care for is the hints.they could have been a little better but when i really had a problem most of the time the smart people in the forums helped. it really did need a walkthru tho. anyway it was challenging and i really liked it.

[Post New]by helpme64 on Nov 25, 12 6:28 PM
shagwendy wrote:
SeaBamboo wrote:This is based on one hour demo

Lost Lagoon 2 from Intenium does not play widescreen
Mine played in widescreen, then again almost every game plays widescreen for me.

Go to: