Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nanajane10 on Jan 13, 12 12:58 PM
i can't get the screws out of the electric lock, the chisel will not work, keeps going back to inventory.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 13, 12 2:04 PM
You need a screwdriver, not a chisel. Head to the front yard of the manor, and use your chisel on the chunk of ice.

[Post New]by Motya80 on Jan 16, 12 9:33 AM
I have a technical problem. I played the free version. The problem is that after entering the house i can't go back to the entrance of the house - not useing the map, no useing a cursor. When i try there is only a black screen. I rewrote the game, but it still doesn't work.

Twikey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Twikey on Jan 16, 12 11:22 AM
I have the same problem with the cursor, it sometimes has a mind of it's own and brings up things like 'Quit or other objects which I have not klicked on, it disappears comes back again or just doesn't move at all! I will try to uninstall it and reinstall but I'm almost finished the game, Shame it just seem to get up to these tricks after 3/4 of the game!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 16, 12 11:44 AM
Someone suggested turning off the game cursor. I'm really not sure how that would help, but in their case, it definitely did.

[Post New]by Motya80 on Jan 17, 12 11:39 AM
ShazPG, thank you for the advice,but it does't work in my case. ( Still only the black screen. Well, it's a pity, i like this game, but sure there are many other games here

[Post New]by peanutheaven on Jan 17, 12 1:54 PM
I'm on the bonus chapter can't get the beetle. i've unistalled and reinstalled the game nothing is working. Any ideas! Spent 19.99 Please help

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 17, 12 2:16 PM
Motya80 wrote:ShazPG, thank you for the advice,but it does't work in my case. ( Still only the black screen. Well, it's a pity, i like this game, but sure there are many other games here

Hi Motya80,

Have you given the other steps in our 'Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen' help article a try yet? If not, I'd encourage you to do so.

If you have already, and are still getting just a black screen, please contact our Customer Support for further assistance. You can contact Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and then on the 'Contact Us' link that you'll find on the following screen.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Mana2730 on Jan 21, 12 8:06 AM
I have serious problem - when I open door with magnifying glass the game freeze. Nothing loads - music goes on, nothing move on the screen and I need to use Alt+Ctrl+Dlt...
Don't know what to do. I checked applications running in background. I closed all possible, yet I tried 10 times and nothing... NEED HELP!!!

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on Jan 28, 12 8:28 AM
I am at the Lookout. The strategy guide says to take the shears and cut a white rose and also the vines to get an oil can. It will not allow the shears to cut anything. I have positioned it everywhere on the roses and vines. HELP.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Feb 4, 12 6:35 AM
The SE is out now, so how long does it take to get glitches fixed? I received a full refund for the CE, so I'm not complaining, but I would still like to get this game once it is working properly. C'mon Techs, what's the hold up?

HerrFlick
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by HerrFlick on Feb 10, 12 2:35 PM
The drawing with the chalk is impossible. Had to start all over several times because the **** would'nt accept. There was no reset for one drawing, so start all over again. Skipped it.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Feb 16, 12 7:02 AM
MAC version released 16th Feb 2012

On MBP 5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo running OS10.6.8 and with all software up to date having a truly horrible time with cursor lag even with custom cursor switched off. Unpleasant enough to make the game unplayable.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 16, 12 9:05 AM
Frogmort wrote:MAC version released 16th Feb 2012

On MBP 5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo running OS10.6.8 and with all software up to date having a truly horrible time with cursor lag even with custom cursor switched off. Unpleasant enough to make the game unplayable.

On 24" iMac 3.02 Intel Core 2 Duo running OS10.6.8 -- same here.

foal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by foal on Feb 16, 12 9:08 AM
I don't think the programmers have done their homework. The slow response with the mouse is very annoying, no buy for me.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Feb 16, 12 10:22 AM
On 27" iMac, Intel Core i3, 10.6.8, all applications up to date! I would love to buy this game, but the cursor lags so badly, I can't play it! Looks like it may be an ongoing problem, so until it's fixed.... no cashola from me! Teri

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 16, 12 11:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

If your cursor is lagging on the Mac version of the game and you've already tried some of the troubleshooting steps at Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen (which include Apple steps), then I'd get in touch with our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix. One of our reps would be happy to help out and it will help us better track this issue. (and if you're not familiar with any of those steps if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on each.)

Thank you!

-bfgCimarron

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 11:59:42 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 16, 12 12:41 PM
bfgCimarron wrote:Hi Everyone,

If your cursor is lagging on the Mac version of the game and you've already tried some of the troubleshooting steps at <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a> (which include Apple steps), then I'd get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support team</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix</a>. One of our reps would be happy to help out and it will help us better track this issue. (and if you're not familiar with any of those steps if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on each.)

Thank you!

-bfgCimarron

When the same issue comes up on multiple Macs, all different models, with inherently different set-ups, I highly doubt the issue is individual configuration. There is a problem with the game running in OS 10.6.8. The developer needs to b notified. Just fix it!

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Feb 16, 12 3:23 PM
I'd like to second Shorenuf's motion to fix this game! Thank you.

ETA: Mouse problems reported as far back as Jan.1st, by PC gamers. First few posts as a matter of fact.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 3:27:00 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 16, 12 4:39 PM
shorenuf wrote:When the same issue comes up on multiple Macs, all different models, with inherently different set-ups, I highly doubt the issue is individual configuration. There is a problem with the game running in OS 10.6.8. The developer needs to b notified. Just fix it!

Hi shorenuf,

You have a valid point, but before we can notify the developers that an issue is occurring on multiple setups and configurations, we need to know for sure that it is. This is where the Dr. Felix reports come in handy, so if you've sent one in, thank you!

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration. We will be sure to let you know if/when we receive any updates.

Thank you for your patience!

-bfgHondo

Go to: