Welcome to Remedy forum

Joanie707
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Welcome to Remedy forum

[Post New]by Joanie707 on Aug 14, 09 11:11 PM
Boy, I can't even get this dud to load up, a white box pops up and says load the file you want. Nothing in the box to load. I can't believe Big Fish even put this up to sell, surely someone tries these out before they get to us?, a lot of really disappointed people who did buy it. Did anyone get it run? I can't and my computer is loaded, and could run just about anything. Tsk, Tsk Big Fish!!

[Post New]by gezabelle on Aug 15, 09 8:04 AM
frauholda wrote:What a crock!

Just as you say - boring, frustrating and irritating!

I got as far as her saying 'I'll need to find something to open this..' as she looked at an envelope. Then I just got giddy looking round and round that claustrophobic little flat trying in vain to find a pair of scissors, a knife or a letter opener. Just NOTHING to hand and no clues on how to proceed.

What's wrong with just ripping the darn thing open and letting us get a move on here?

there is a penknife in the kitchen.when you open letter you can get out

caspercc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by caspercc on Aug 15, 09 8:24 AM
I sure wish I had read the Forum b4 buying this this game even at 2.99. It is the worst game ever. Been playing for about 4 hours and have only been able to find the letter and a knife in My Home. I found a ring somewhere and steel wire, but have no idea where to use them. This is the most boring unfriendly game I have ever played. I will stick to the Hidden Object games. BFG really needs to remove this game so that unsuspecting people (like me) won't make the mistake of ordering this game!

[Post New]by dozerdog on Aug 15, 09 10:34 AM
bedbuster wrote:What a waste of 3 bucks, I can't even get started. This is the worst game I have ever played and I play alot. Does anyone know how we can get a refund on this stupid game.
Hi there, I went to bigfish help and complained about this piece of crap game and the are real accommadating and they gave me a free game coupon, they really have no prob crediting a person if you don't like a game. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by dozerdog on Aug 15, 09 10:42 AM
BoJean wrote:I am at the graveyard church, went in, went up steps on alter, got key, turned around facing the entrance door, walk to it, turn right . Walkthrough says I'll find a red (or purple) door. It's not there, I have a table in that spot,. I can go no futher till I find that door. Help Please!
Hi there, you have walked a step or two to far, the door is only about half way down the pews, if you r up at the front of church just go toward the front door but only go about half way and u will see the purple door, I got to the table inside that door and i went to the blue book but I can't get the name in the book to highlight so I can get any further till I figure out how to highlight it, hope this helps

niagru
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by niagru on Aug 15, 09 8:38 PM
If you are on the second page just click on the name and it will pop up, it's not supposed to highlight. It will open the location of Mr. Grip's apartment on the map. Once you click on the name you can leave and go question the husband.

[Post New]by 1mangara on Aug 16, 09 5:54 AM
can I get my $3.00 back. this game blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Aug 16, 09 3:43 PM
Why all the complaints? This isn't as sophisticated as most but it does provide a challenge which many of these games lack. For 2.99 I've already got my moneys worth in trying to solve it. It's obviously done by an amateur and it definitely needs a few improvements specifically using items needs to be easier but for 2.99 I've gotten more of a challenge than the more sophisticated games.

[Post New]by 19angelwings60 on Aug 21, 09 1:42 PM
elaineNM wrote:i can not figure out how to get started. i keep moving from room to room and do not know what i am supposed to. finally got to a suitcase and i got someone to say that is "me" and thats all i have gotten.

any help would be appreciated.

elaine nixon

DITTO. Terrible graphics. Like water color. Just keep going around in circles. HATE IT. I too said that I wouldn't download a game that didn't have a trial to it. Siberia I and II turned out ok.

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 1:44:10 PM PST

dspsunrise
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dspsunrise on Sep 7, 09 4:11 PM
I've been very happy with BF games up until now. I can't believe how bad this game is! I didn't explore the forum before buying but I won't make that mistake again. It's not worth 1 cent nevermind $2.99! Big Fish should be ashamed of themselves for making such a poor game available. It seems as if we were taken advantage of since a trial wasn't available. I trusted that they wouldn't put crap like this out!!!! They should give everyone who bought this another, better game in it's place.

[Post New]by momslack on Sep 12, 09 9:55 PM
I thought it was just me when I tried to play....... terrible game.

[Post New]by homer37036 on Sep 14, 09 6:34 AM
after I leave bob's lab it says for me to go downtown. I don't know how to get to downtown. I don't have anything that says downtown. Please help. You can email me at [email address removed by Moderator]

Edited on 02/14/2010 at 8:57:54 AM PST

[Post New]by maggiesg on Jan 20, 10 9:55 PM
Remedy is terrible lousy game, I regret buying it. I feel like getting cheated by BigFish!

Why does BigFish sell such lousy game without trial? Afraid of nobody buying it?

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 9:58:10 PM PST

[Post New]by IlonaFerenc on Apr 26, 10 11:44 AM
I also bought this game when it first came out and, at the time, was not impressed. I have since played a huge variety of games on BFG and now, trying it again, finally 'got it'. I think it's the kind of game to play in a relaxed and explorative mood, it's one to savour. The graphics at first seem odd, but compliment the vibe of the game and are really quite lovely. Once I got into the flow of it I really enjoyed the whole thing, it's quite unique amongst it's peers.

Whilst on, I would like to say that I have had to contact the BFG online support half a dozen times maybe, over the years, and I have always found them the most friendly, helpful and customer oriented service I've ever dealt with. Jeff H from Seattle was even kind enough to wish us in the UK luck with issue of the volcanic ash cloud from Iceland!

Top notch stuff.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by waawaatesi on May 14, 10 2:03 PM
I purchased Remedy because my sister enjoyed the game and told me how much fun she had playing it. She said the graphics (once you get further along in the game) are super and she liked the views of Sweden. So I purchased the game. Unfortunately, strange things happen to my computer when this game is loaded on it. I changed the font size (which shouldn't affect anything) to the small fonts. However, the computer no longer goes to sleep, and also does not go to screen saver. I uninstalled the game and now the computer works fine. Am running Vista. It is a disappointment as the game looked like an adventure. Not sure if I would have liked having to find the "clues", but guess I'll have to pass on finding out.

[Post New]by baruho on Jun 8, 10 9:47 PM
I am trying to get to Gustav Grip's Apartment. I have gone to the blue book, I can not highlight, nor will it pop up. All I can figure is I am missing something. Any ideas?

[Post New]by sidonia5 on Oct 20, 10 1:26 AM
Yes its the worst game I have ever tried, I cannot get past the pocket knife, I am going around and around in circles.Its not for trying, I have been playing this game for hours and getting no where, So don't buy a game before you try it.
Also where is the walk throught I cannot find it.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 20, 10 2:00 AM
Don't give up on this before trying the walkthrough. I bought it (not DD) as soon as I found it because I have played and loved other Carol Reed games. There is a knack to playing them but once you get used to it they are great. You do need a walkthrough, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to mention where it is but all I did was to "Google" Remedy.
I was unable to get sound on windows7 although it was there on my XP machine but the subtitles are sufficient to play without the sound and at least there's no music.
SPOILER
To get out of the flat you need to pick up and look at the package on the floor by the front door. You will need the knife (which she picks up from one of the tables in the flat) to open it, but this is all in the walkthrough.
Sorry if this is a little late but I only found the game a couple of weeks ago

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 26, 10 1:02 AM
The creator of these (Carol Reed) games has a patch (MDNA games) for those who have Vista and maybe 7. Big Fish should have that patch installed by now on games purchased from them. Or at least tell you that it needs the patch to run correctly on later windows platforms.

After reading all the comments it seems that today's gamers do not truly enjoy the 'game'. True adventure games require one to think and try to figure out what the next logical step is in the progression toward solving a mystery. This is very different than simply 'I spy' the objects in the provided list. HOG games are not mysteries, they are seek and find games. I felt robbed after buying my first HOG game on this site because there was really nothing to it. However, I now enjoy playing them when I want something that I don't really have to put much thought into if the graphics and music are well done.

[Post New]by Sharpeye_emmi on Feb 10, 11 12:52 PM
glad I checked this forum, wont purchase this game. I find trials spoil the game for me, but I read the forums first, and you get to learn the makers of the games you like. It would be great if BF advertised this fact slightly better tho to make it easier to choose. xx

Go to: