Re:Reviews for 9: The Dark Side

[Post New]by ImASweetP on May 13, 12 2:38 PM
I bought this - waste of money - disjointed, confusing, no direction and poor storyline

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

9: The Dark Side

[Post New]by Jerry99 on May 14, 12 7:20 AM
Very good graphics, entertaining game. I enjoyed it and was worth buying.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 25, 12 1:21 AM
I think this is more adventure/ puzzle game than adventure/ HOG. Way too many puzzles for me. But not only that, while the graphics were okay, and the HOS clear, the story and game play was very blah! I wanted to like this game. Too bad. I played 49 minutes of the demo, but it just didn't grab my interest at all.

I recommend definitely trying the game before buying.

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 1:23:20 AM PST

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Jul 14, 12 12:48 PM
very nice game enjoyed the story

nannybrite
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by nannybrite on Oct 10, 12 12:59 PM
WOW! I have bought many games from big fish, mostly HO and think this is my favorite! Lots of great games (How can you sat t00 many? Keeps you from buying more, sorry BF) The HO scenes were hard but not too and the graphics were wonderful. I'm a midievil, dragons fairy tale lover so I was in heaven. Never played a game twice but this one I will. Thanks BF!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 30, 12 8:24 AM
Just completed the demo and decided this is a buy at $2.99 (needed one more buy before the end of the month or loose them all). Odd thing is, even though this doesn't show up on my purchases, I swear I've played this game before....really, really familiar. Maybe a demo as a CE, but I can't find any review I may have given either. Hope this doesn't turn out to be a double purchase.

Lots of standard mini games which I find tedious and don't have the patience for but the Hint and Skip buttons recharge very quickly and I can skip and move a long. Interactive HOS which are clear. I had to use the Hint button to move around as some things aren't really clear as to where to go and what to do next. There is NO MAP and this game really needs one, however there is a task list. You have to keep referring to the journal to complete some projects which is annoying. But aside from that, I am enjoying the game and give it a 3.5 so far. Definately a steal at $2.99 and would have probably have purchased it with a credit otherwise.

Additional comment: Went to buy the game and BF indicated I already had....hmmmm. Guess I'd better recheck my purchases...odd, I went through it twice.

Edited on 10/30/2012 at 8:26:49 AM PST

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 22, 13 8:36 PM
WOW! I have played 100s of HOGS and many I enjoyed more than this one, But the stunning graphics, flawless execution and sheer creativity make this one of my Top 10.

[Post New]by one2bmup2 on Feb 2, 13 7:49 PM
7gran wrote:It was excellent except for hje ending. GFar too muchclicking for the crystal ball and for the skellatons.

I agree. The graphics were great and the game went smoothly all the way through. Ratio of mini games to HOG was a little off, would like them to be more equal in number. The ending however stinks! I click on the flying skulls and click all over them and it still resets. Nothing tells me if there is a combination to hit them or a certain distance, it is the most frustrating to get this far and not complete because it upsets you so much! Was worth five stars before that, but took it down to 4.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 14, 13 12:51 AM

Love it!

Puzzles turn my brain on!

Still a bit confused about the story, as to who are the good guys and the bad guys...

I will pay closer attention when I get back to it.

Very much appreciate the time and effort put in by the devs!

Keep up the good work!

Sold!

Angel

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 15, 13 4:30 AM
GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

Awesome, and I Don't Say That Lightly

Developer: Play Favourite Games
Release Date: late 2011
Extras: none

From the first moments this game impressed me. The visuals are superb, spectacular - and the reverent, church-like music was inspired.
With more puzzles than HO scenes, this game is pretty challenging, with strikingly new ways of presenting familiar puzzles, and some innovative new ones. Skip activated quickly and hint was excellent, so despite the difficulty level, most players could enjoy it.

The story is perfect for this kind of game, intriguing without being overly complex and confusing and while I loved the characters you meet, you can skip them and catch the summary in the journal. Mind you, I think you're missing a lot by doing that
I have just finished playing the game for the 5th time, and still place it in my top 10 favourites: with 250 HOPA games on my desktop, that's one HECK of a tribute.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 5:04:10 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Mar 11, 13 6:05 AM
scenery is a bit dark, but the werewolf that jumps out at the garden? is really scary. Mid difficulty mini puzzles but quite fun to try to figure out how to solve these w/o the walkthroughs

I dont know why I didnt played it previously, until Is saw the 2nd series today. Its was good and I would recommend a buy. Its buy one and get next for USD0.99, so fans go get them!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 6, 14 12:30 AM
Quoting Valdy:
I am not a big fan of puzzles. I don't mind the odd one here and there in a HOG, thrown in to get on in a game (opening a door or what have you), but this game, and especially the bonus game was just shock full of them.

So if you, like me, are not too keen on puzzles (I was so tired of them, I just took a break while the SKIP button filled, so I could just skip them),

Nice graphics and a decent story, but there are way too many puzzles.
No buy.

Go to: