XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 20, 12 9:21 AM
Don't think I can add anymore than what has already been said. I am maybe half way through and am enjoying it all the way so far. The developers did add some nice touches to this game. Glad to hear others are able to play it on ws. Graphics might be a bit hazy but I think its meant to be that way, looks great to me. More than happy I purchased this game.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 20, 12 12:14 PM
Enjoyed the game, great graphic's and music. Liked the animations and puzzles were fun too.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jan 20, 12 12:22 PM
Loved the demo! Great game has all the right stuff!!
Bought it right away. Great job developers!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 20, 12 12:31 PM
I just finished the game and I am super glad I bought the CE (thank you, bradalex for the info on the bonus game).

I haven't enjoyed myself as much as I have with this game in a while.
The main game took me 3 1/2 hours (with a couple of quick dashes to the loo) and the bonus game took me just over an hour.

This was just the right length of time for me. As I said in the other thread: I prefer quality to quantity. I noticed that several peeps said the game was too short. For me, this was the perfect length.

And what a fantastic game this was. And more importantly, I loved the bonus game as well.

So yes, there were quite a few HOS (hidden object scenes), but because the game as a whole was so wonderful, I didn't mind too much.

ETA: Just wanted to add that because there was a lot of area to cover, and you need to do quite a bit of running around, it would have been nice if there had been a map I could have used to jump to different areas, or at least show me where the different places were so I didn't have to constantly turn a wrong corner before going back and then using the right one.

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 5:53:37 AM PST

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Jan 20, 12 1:18 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 12:34:12 AM PST

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Jan 20, 12 3:04 PM
Just finished the game with the x-tra gameplay....LOVED it!! Graphics are good, storyline is good, music (I don't really know since I always play "mute", but once in every while I put the sound on and the characters do speak in an eerie voice (hate that when you see characters speaking.....no voice pff)
H0s are sometimes a bit difficult, but once you get how the scene is constructed (don't really know how to say this, but it's the same thing with crosswords you know like one newspaper uses frequently a particular word, another newspaper another word and in the end, knowing the way that paper 'thinks' you solve it...gosh I'm sure I went to College for something ).
For the dark and eerie adepts, some scenes do make you jump..haha, you just don't expect it...nice!!!
A part from the glitch with the cat (solved by starting over with a new profile) I recommend this game...even funny doorknobs!!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 20, 12 4:23 PM
I knew within 15 min. that I wanted this one more than usual! There are so many different items in this. Loved the little guy in the box There are many great eviews out there already so at this point I will just say I can't wait to play the rest!! Will be back with more after that!

Based on the demo this is a definite 5 out of 5

I have been waiting for something that I really had to have. Have been getting a bit bored with the same old thing.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Jan 20, 12 6:07 PM
Awesome graphics!! I started out with the game trial but knew in less than 5 minutes I would purchase (I never purchase CE at full price) but because the graphics are the best I have seen in quite some time. The only bummer for me was I felt like the game was a little short. Over all I still really enjoyed it.

4.5 (would have 5 but thought it was a little short on the game play)

Edited on 01/20/2012 at 6:08:18 PM PST

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 20, 12 8:09 PM
Worth the CE price...innovative!

[Post New]by Debbie8155 on Jan 20, 12 9:45 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 12:21:09 AM PST

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jan 21, 12 12:28 AM
Tundei wrote:Played the full demo, but it's only an OK game for me. Graphics are hazy, cartoonish, lots of **** scenes, few and easy puzzles, nothing special about this game for me. I liked the last CE /Sea Legends/ a lot more.

I may go back and try it again, but after 11 minutes, for me it was so derivative of Return to Ravenhearst and Dire Grove (with a smattering of Drawn) that I simply could not enjoy the game for its own sake. I am also getting very tired of **** scenes to locate an object to be used for the same old same old reasons: opening a lock, box or door, unscrewing something, etc. It's all been done to death. There are so many terrific adventure games out there that really pull you in with story, great acting, fantastic art work that I am finding a lot of these games somewhat repetitive and dull...mostly (with a few exceptions--certainly the Mystery Case Files and the Drawn games by Big Fish which are among the very best I've ever played) and some others like Sweeny Todd, Love and Death: Bitten, Emerald City Confidential, Princess Isabella, Snark Busters and Devil on the Mississippi which are excellent and captivating, they all blend together....

I'll play a while longer, but so far it's not, alas, hooking me or thrilling me the way I feel a game (as mentioned above) should...If I do find myself sold, I will certainly amend this post and I hope I'm wrong and as I go further it turns out to be great, but so far, I really have my doubts.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 21, 12 2:25 AM
Already wrote a review when the game was issued but now that I have finished it, I wanted to add that the music is excellent, which is seldom in games and that the bonus play really deserves it's name. It's a real one, not just a little titbit.

Excellent game if there were not so many glitches

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jan 21, 12 4:45 AM
An excellent game, in my opinion.

No glitches at all, original gameplay, some nice new ideas alongside the traditional stuff, and lovely graphics.

I found it really refreshing, I'm another who's finding some other developer's games getting a bit samey.

Length? Well, I played on the harder setting, and it took me almost five hours to complete the main game, and I have not yet finished the bonus game and I've been playing that for over an hour.

Maybe a bit short for some, but balanced by the quality and originality.

*Edited for authorial idiocy.

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 4:59:47 AM PST

[Post New]by Debbie8155 on Jan 21, 12 7:58 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 2:39:12 AM PST

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Jan 21, 12 11:42 AM
[removed by moderator]
I still think it's a really good game at a very reasonable price... (have bought other games on other sites, much more expensive, much more complicated and with many more glitches...at least here at BFG you have excellent CS)

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 2:40:33 AM PST

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Jan 21, 12 1:34 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 2:40:20 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 21, 12 4:33 PM
I have played this game in both modes and believe is the type of game we should have more of.

3-match are very boring after about the 3rd round & time management is ok but I am not fast enough that type & always run out of time.

I will stick with CE - **** games.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 21, 12 11:05 PM
DEVELOPERS -
THANK YOU FOR "REAL" FULL/WIDE SCREEN!
(Not stretched-out wide screen, but REAL full/wide screen)

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 22, 12 4:02 AM
I don't agree with many fishes who think this game is best quality so don't matter if there are only 4 chapters + bonus, it took me 3 1/2 hours to finish it, and I have yet to play the bonus chapter, so kind of short for a CE, anyhow I found various defects in this game: 1) the explanations to solve puzzles in the strategy guide are often not correct, 2) the graphics are fuzzy, 3) too many hid obj scenes, in which some of the objects are so small and har to find.
Beside my personal tiredness for skeleton, ghosts and dark ritual, I was taken during the demo by the little virtual girl , alone in the house of the evil withch, I felt something in commun with her, so wanted to save her, but once I bought the game and went along with the playing all it seemed already done, seen and heard. However the game is very good in the whole contest, but not better of many other CE I have already played, having more chapters than this one!!

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Jan 22, 12 8:36 AM
Great game--definite improvement over the ERS formula games of late. HOS could be drawn a bit better, but overall a fun experience.

Go to: