XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 19, 12 7:16 PM
baglady159 wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote: i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

If you are downloading from somewhere in the US then Big Fish games are released around midnight Pacific Time. A lot of the fishies you see here in what looks like the middle of the night are actually from somewhere else in the world where they're in completely different time zones than we here in the states. If I waited up for the game to be released, it wouldn't be till 3am since i'm in the Eastern Time zone. Does that help explain?

Sure does, thanks

sunnkitty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sunnkitty on Jan 19, 12 10:17 PM
fun game, but really short!!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 19, 12 10:41 PM
The graphics were great and I thought even though only 4 chapters and bonus it was worth the CE price. The strategy guide was exactly where you left off and did not go back to the table of contents..KUDOS. The bonus chapter completed the game and was completely in line with the story. It could have been a little longer but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The HOG scenes were well done and not too easy and they seemed to encompass the story.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 19, 12 11:35 PM
I really enjoyed this game and thought it was money well spent. I really took my time, had a few breaks, etc. and the game plus bonus play lasted me a good 6 hours plus give or take. I made sure I had read everything, which sometimes I don't do. I double checked scenes to make sure I picked up everything, didn't use the SG or hints, etc.
The developers really did a fine job on giving us a very creative take on this adventure. i also liked the idea of the drawings telling more of the story once you found all of the pieces.
Happy gaming all!

ETA: Finally, I morphed to a minnow....thought I was gonna be a guppy forever..lol.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 11:36:12 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 20, 12 12:13 AM
LostForever wrote:Uh oh. got detached. But I just want to say LovetomissLisa, I always like to read your reviews and comments, and your play on words, H0Gs=Swine. Just too funny.

Thank you LostForever! I hope your enjoying this game. I think it Rocks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 20, 12 12:23 AM
baglady159 wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote: i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

If you are downloading from somewhere in the US then Big Fish games are released around midnight Pacific Time. A lot of the fishies you see here in what looks like the middle of the night are actually from somewhere else in the world where they're in completely different time zones than we here in the states. If I waited up for the game to be released, it wouldn't be till 3am since i'm in the Eastern Time zone. Does that help explain?

I was going to mention something similar, but assumed that XtreemNorth would know that many of us are from another time zone, and was maybe only referring to a couple of other gamers who are US members. I might have been wrong in that assumption. LOL

When the game is being released at midnight PST, it is 9am the next morning where I am.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 20, 12 12:35 AM

Yet another game where I look more like the wicked witch than the nicer characters!

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 20, 12 3:13 AM
Hi Valdy
Played bonus game this am and took me 65mins.
I thought it was very well thought out because it did't feel that it was just added on but more like another chapter in the story, but if you bought the SE version you wouldn't be left hanging thinking "what happened next".
I really like [removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 1:01:27 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 20, 12 4:15 AM
bradalex wrote:Hi Valdy
Played bonus game this am and took me 65mins.
I thought it was very well thought out because it did't feel that it was just added on but more like another chapter in the story, but if you bought the SE version you wouldn't be left hanging thinking "what happened next".
I really like [removed by moderator]

Thank you so much for the info, Bradalex. That really helped me to make up my mind to buy the CE after all.

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 1:01:35 AM PST

kaytiekat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kaytiekat on Jan 20, 12 9:46 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
kaytiekat wrote:Wow another scary IHOG with witches, woods, scary house, abandoned car, etc........yawn , come on BF we need something new. This whole creepy . scary. ocultish story line has been beaten to death.

Hey Kaytiekat--As you've (no doubtedly) noticed from a majority of reviews and comments, this game is pretty inventive when it comes to a "dark, eerie" theme. If a game (or a movie) is "scary," I don't catch myself in a big "yawn" too often! "...Charleston..." does a very polished job of handling "ocultish" (sic) stuff, BTW. (Not too sure whether you're making remarks based on an experience with the demo, or just from viewing the screenshots and the video.)

Regards, elldee

(P.S. Only one Witch, right? "Witch's Legacy"...)

eldee2728, Thankyou so much for reminding me why I never post in these forums, Silly me I understood one could express their opinion, but apparently if it disagrees with your opinion then you find it necessary to respond in an extremely condescending manner ( even making derogatory comments on ones grammar and punctuation ) guess we are not allowed typos in here or we will get jumped on and ridiculed. According to the amount you post it's clear you spend A LOT of time in here, while I on the other hand drop in now and then when there is a game I am interested in.

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Jan 20, 12 9:55 AM
This game is so much fun! I keep playing and get deeper and deeper into it- it keeps on going. So many new places to explore as the story goes on. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. I love Hidden Object games and play them all the time, but this is one of the very best in my opinion.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 20, 12 1:35 PM
elldee2728 wrote:Regards, elldee

Actually elldee, the title of this game is called "Witches' Legacy" - plural. I think the title suggests that it's not just about this one witch, but a whole circle of witches who were looking for someone who could be made into a witch, in this case the girl Lynn.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 20, 12 4:13 PM
Playing the demo and reading the reviews have definately pushed me toward buying this wonderful game. I have 2 punch codes and my monthly credit, so I was hoping to find a worthy CE so I could complete a card for this month.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 20, 12 5:53 PM
kaytiekat wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:
kaytiekat wrote:Wow another scary IHOG with witches, woods, scary house, abandoned car, etc........yawn , come on BF we need something new. This whole creepy . scary. ocultish story line has been beaten to death.

Hey Kaytiekat--As you've (no doubtedly) noticed from a majority of reviews and comments, this game is pretty inventive when it comes to a "dark, eerie" theme. If a game (or a movie) is "scary," I don't catch myself in a big "yawn" too often! "...Charleston..." does a very polished job of handling "ocultish" (sic) stuff, BTW. (Not too sure whether you're making remarks based on an experience with the demo, or just from viewing the screenshots and the video.)

Regards, elldee

eldee2728, Thankyou so much for reminding me why I never post in these forums, Silly me I understood one could express their opinion, but apparently if it disagrees with your opinion then you find it necessary to respond in an extremely condescending manner ( even making derogatory comments on ones grammar and punctuation ) guess we are not allowed typos in here or we will get jumped on and ridiculed. According to the amount you post it's clear you spend A LOT of time in here, while I on the other hand drop in now and then when there is a game I am interested in.

Well, you've made me see the error of my ways--I do know that this thread is for "comments" on the game, and not for "comments" on "comments." I guess there's a lesson there--"praise in public, reprimand in private." This game deserves LOTS of praise, which I noted in my review. And so did a majority of other gamers. That's not to say that negative criticism isn't welcome, though--all viewpoints are valuable. I'm sure that the developers are more than eager to hear all sides. I try to be tactful yet honest when I post--after all, it's apparent to some people that I spend A LOT of time in here, mostly dealing with game topics. But every now and then, I suppose someone will want to put me in my place.

(I normally close with "Regards," but I think I'll forego that this time).

elldee

(P.S. Hey Valdy--Right on! Plural, not singular for the "Witches"-- )

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 21, 12 5:51 AM
Been away for 3 days without my computer. Came home to this game. First thoughts were "another one just like the other ones". Didn't demo it, just went into the forum to read the comments and reviews, thinking they'd all be the usual complaints about yet another game with haunted houses, ghosts etc. and I wouldn't even bother, I'm THAT sick of them. Was surprised to read this was't the case. All the posts were positive and very upbeat. There were a few who said they would wait for the SE, but most were enthusiastic to say the least. Needless to say I then HAD to try the demo.

Once I escaped the prison I was quite captivated by the inside of the house. There is a Dutch word, "gezellig", that came to mind immediately. It means cozy, inviting, warm and that is exactly what I felt in there. No gloom, doom, or sameness about this interior at all. It has a magical feel to it. Expectation shot up. So, intrigued, I ventured forward. Then , of course, I encountered the imp in the box and was enchanted. Expectations shot up even more. Naturally, like the other fishes, once I came across the doorknob with a cold, I was hooked.

Now waiting eagerly for the full version to download.

I think we may have a winner here. I may have to retract my opinion that haunted house themes have been done to death. It now seems possible that it is not the theme that is boring, but rather the tasks within.

Will post a review on completion.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 21, 12 11:29 PM
kaytiekat wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:

Regards, elldee

Kaytiekat Just swimming bye to say hi and to say that I appreciated your posting and I hope you continue to post. EVERYONE, from one post to a million is entitled and should feel free express their comments as to their opinions, likes, and dislikes regarding games and game content as long as they are following the rules (which you were). We all pay the same $ and have the same right to express comments, maybe we can all agree to disagree on some topics and leave it at that. to all and happy gaming.

Edited on 01/21/2012 at 11:34:25 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 5, 12 10:24 AM
Anyone else have a 'reaction' to the discovery of the imp's origins? I start crying every time the little guy shows up now and I'm having a problem finishing the bonus play.

Damn hormones.

[Post New]by jandB1026 on Feb 13, 12 9:37 PM
I have unistalled and reinstalled this game three 3 times and can't get pass the chest in study to reach the witches room. There are lots to posts about problems with the cat? which I have never reached !! Worst game I have ever tried to play inspit of the wonderful grafics.

[Post New]by lwilliams701 on Mar 20, 12 6:26 PM
How do I get through the door in the den? It says to use force.

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Mar 24, 12 12:57 AM
This is one of the best games I have ever played. I am not finished with the game yet, I'm enjoying every minute, but I never thought I would say I found a game as good or better than Ravenhurst. This game gets 10 stars!

Go to: