DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jan 23, 12 3:16 AM
404 ERROR....I d/l trial,,,so beautiful and fun game, I bought it...now comes the trouble...try to d/l entire game it just goes to 404 error ....I tried everything, uninstall and re-install d/l from game manager ...from Purchase History ...tired d/l other games from Purchase History...it is just this game I am really upset about this...it seems there are a lot of big tech issues with this game...and it is soo lovely...please fix ASAP

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelefrances on Jan 23, 12 3:21 AM
hi, i played the free trial and purchased the game after. however, when i went back to the game from where i left off, it prompted that its the end of the demo game. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game again, but it still doesnt work. Please fix it asap. thanks

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jan 23, 12 6:16 AM
Voices what Voices? I hear music, there is no option for voices. I am playing the demo and the girl talked but only in text not in a voice. Others are saying there are voices do I have to buy the game to get to hear the voices? I have sounds all the way up in options. Anyone else having this problem? If so please tell me how to get voices. I am not paying CE price without voices. I do love the fact this is not hidden objects game like the usually junk pile, I love more adventure and interactive stuff to do. Please someone tell me why I have no voices? It downloaded easy, installed easy, I have vista, and all sounds are heard clearly except no voices. grrrr
EDIT
Sorry the game does have voices! Just not many of them. Odd they didn't give the characters we meet any voice of speech. I bought the game but really hope the Devs next time will give more speech in the games to the characters we meet. Graphics thus far are not anything special more static I have seen games with much better graphics. The story grabbed me and I do like more adventure than hidden object so I bought the game.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 6:40:20 PM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 23, 12 7:05 AM
I played the demo, downloaded the full version and have gotten quite a ways before coming to what I believe to be a glitch.

SPOILER ALERT

When in the house near the chapel and trying to make the stained glass, I have the glass cutter and it allowed me to cut the first piece of glass. After that, I can turn the pages of the book, drag the glass cutter over the black line of the second piece, click on the hint button which insists I repeat that action, and nothing happens. It only accepted the glass cutter and its action once; after that, it stopped accepting that input though the rest of the game has been working fine.

[Post New]by gma_jo on Jan 23, 12 8:10 AM
I seldom have a problem downloading any game, but this game opens half way to the left of my screen leaving the right half black. The part showing doesn't give me an option to close so I have to CAD and restart my computer. After the first time I deleted the game and started over. Same thing.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Jan 23, 12 10:15 AM
Mine seems to be a different problem, I had no trouble with the game, a few things were difficult to line up but determination paid off.
My problem is in the bonus chapter. I tried to get the poker from the burrow but it was wedged in. When I went back after getting the lantern the poker was gone and nowhere to be found. That creates a problem in getting the rope from the dog statue. Any on have a suggestion other than playing the entire game over with a new name.

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Jan 23, 12 10:58 AM
I, too, cannot pick up the orange gem - can't go any further - game over.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jan 23, 12 11:13 AM
After again using the screen resolution, I found one that worked in full screen, and was getting right along.....until I got to the garden and looking for the jewels. Found all, even the orange one, but could not pick that one up. So I'm stuck, can not go further. Which is two strikes.

*double sigh*

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jan 23, 12 12:14 PM
sitecer wrote:Mine seems to be a different problem, I had no trouble with the game, a few things were difficult to line up but determination paid off.
My problem is in the bonus chapter. I tried to get the poker from the burrow but it was wedged in. When I went back after getting the lantern the poker was gone and nowhere to be found. That creates a problem in getting the rope from the dog statue. Any on have a suggestion other than playing the entire game over with a new name.

I am having the same problem with the poker. I really don't want to have to start the game over.

Doreen

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jan 23, 12 12:14 PM
sitecer wrote:Mine seems to be a different problem, I had no trouble with the game, a few things were difficult to line up but determination paid off.

I am having the same problem with the poker. I really don't want to have to start the game over.

Doreen

Choopaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Choopaz on Jan 23, 12 1:11 PM
I can't even download it. Every time it gets to the end it starts validating and goes through the whole download again and again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and it's the same. I've managed to download another game tonight so I know there aren't any problems with my laptop. I'm giving up on it now!

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jan 23, 12 1:26 PM
Same problem, white screen then have to C A D to leave ???????

ndebo03
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ndebo03 on Jan 23, 12 2:53 PM
No resolve on the poker issue yet? I am having the same problem and will be really upset if i cant finish the game

[Post New]by onecalidoc68 on Jan 23, 12 3:56 PM
POKER...WHERE IS IT?

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Jan 23, 12 4:22 PM
as soon as I started this game I remembered it from before. Same problem cannot put the gems in the locket also pixalating a lot

[Post New]by Spiffee on Jan 23, 12 4:36 PM
Like Sonofstar, I also am having the same problem with the glass cutter. It stops working after the first use.

After reading all the remarks, I hope they have a patch out very soon. It's the first game I have bought in quite a while, and will now wait even longer before getting one that could be defective.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Jan 23, 12 5:36 PM
onecalidoc68, the poker is in the bonus chapter. When you get out of the bedroom and into the garden you find it there. In the burrow.

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Jan 23, 12 6:19 PM
Make sure your video card is updated. I'm not sure, but I think this one is using a newer version.

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Jan 23, 12 6:53 PM
Yet another game that shuts itself down when I try to sign my name. It looks intriguing but how do you play a game that won't play? Using Windows 7.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 23, 12 8:25 PM
trying to select an orange jewel in the flower bed and keep clicking on it but it won't activate/select the jewel. can't go any further in the game. this is at the beginning(in the garden). bummer.

Go to: