bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Comments for Overworld: Spring of Shadows CE

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 8:01 AM
Janie42 wrote:Not sure how ERS games got dragged into this thread for a BoomZap game? But...
BoomZap beats ERS hands-down any day IMO.

BoomZap games are original, creative & fun with many unique & clever puzzles at every turn. BoomZap is NOT a game mill like ERS.

The debut of a "true" hardcore" mode (no text spoilers) is something players have been asking for for ages--BoomZap got busy & delivers this to us now!

Meanwhile, ERS continues to make its games easier & easier & shorter & shorter.
All while using same story, repetitive HOS, & recycled art & music assets too.

ERS does have very tough competition.
In fact, many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS, except maybe as the Daily Deal.

Just check what the professional review site (starts with "G") has to say about ERS's most recent game: not a good review at all & not good predictions for where ERS is going either.

Luckily we have devs like BoomZap!

and thier devs care enough to come in here and actually care what we think

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 22, 12 8:16 AM
What a nice, beautiful, and whimsical game. I wanted to crawl into the garden and stay there all day. (like a T.K. painting as another fishie said)

The graphics are very nice
Mini games so far are fun
There is more adventure than H0 scenes (a big plus......... for me anyway)
The SG keeps up with you as you play (another good thing, even though I try not to use it much)
The music is so soothing I almost fell asleep, but I like it.

Two good CE's this week, woo hoo. A buy for me.........and I was trying not to buy any more CE's, so much for that plan.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 8:28 AM
wow..so many different styles of hog scenes....i am anticipating the next scene to see whats next,,,highlight to see what i have discovered so far,

they gave us regular hog scenes, fragmented, riddles,,like items, items related to each other,....awesome

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 22, 12 8:29 AM
Just tore myself away to comment on how very much I am enjoying this game. Gorgeous to look at, innovative. Loved it when I got an achievement for - possible spoiler -finding the boomzap logo and got an awww thanks for it. Beautiful game - so much to enjoy. Thanks so much Boomzap and BF - was beginning to think I would give up on these games. I agree with Janie - at the moment I will only consider ERS games as a daily deal. And they used to blow me away. Anyway - enjoy fellow fishies!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 22, 12 8:32 AM
I have been yearning for a new lite adventure type game to play and this is not it. It's meh... okay what I have played so far. I might finish the demo and hope it gets better. I am playing on hard core and it is still very easy - the puzzles just aren't puzzling at all btw. It will be an all right way to pass a few hours some day but I would never spend double the money for this CE. No way. I might buy when it comes out as an SE or wait for it to be offered during a sale or as a DD which would be even better. Ah well. Happy gaming everyone.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jan 22, 12 8:34 AM
First of all the name BoomZAP makes me smile right off the bat! Hubby kept bothering me and I only got just past the spiders. He doesn't understand when I'm doing important stuff here.

I don't think I saw any hidden object scenes. This is a charming game and I liked the whimsical music. Although I found the puzzles a tad easy, I did enjoy looking at the beauty of the scenes. This has just gone to the top of my TOBUY list!

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 11:23:47 AM PST

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jan 22, 12 8:40 AM
Janie42 wrote:Not sure how ERS games got dragged into this thread for a BoomZap game? But...
BoomZap beats ERS hands-down any day IMO.

BoomZap games are original, creative & fun with many unique & clever puzzles at every turn. BoomZap is NOT a game mill like ERS.

The debut of a "true" hardcore" mode (no text spoilers) is something players have been asking for for ages--BoomZap got busy & delivers this to us now!

Meanwhile, ERS continues to make its games easier & easier & shorter & shorter.
All while using same story, repetitive HOS, & recycled art & music assets too.

ERS does have very tough competition.
In fact, many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS, except maybe as the Daily Deal.

Just check what the professional review site (starts with "G") has to say about ERS's most recent game: not a good review at all & not good predictions for where ERS is going either.

Luckily we have devs like BoomZap!

It's a bit foolish to say that "many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS" when they've got 2 Collector's Editions in the Top 10 on this website.

I still stand by my belief that the "Dana Knightstone" novels are the best and most refined of any of their games. They're the most polished and the most overlooked.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 9:03 AM
PurrrThang wrote:First of all the name BoomZAP makes me smile right off the bat! Hubby kept bothering me and I only got just past the spiders. He doesn't understand when I'm doing important stuff here.

I don't think I saw any hidden object scenes. This is a charming game and has gone to the top of my tobuy list. I liked the whimsical music, found the puzzles a tad easy, and enjoyed looking at the beauty of the scenes. This has just gone to the top of my TOBUY list!

there are...and many different types....

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 22, 12 9:30 AM
I like BoomZap, and ERS, and many others too. Each has their own appeal to me, and I am so glad that they are not all alike. I know what I am buying from each.

I was determined not to buy a CE today...but I did anyway, lol. I am a hog fan, but enjoy some adventure, and I know that this developer is one that I also enjoy, as I know I won't be wandering endlessly, clicking furiously, and bashing my head against the wall. It is a beautiful game, and I will also stop and 'smell the roses'

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 22, 12 9:45 AM
Question: Do you HAVE to use the map? I can't find anywhere to go and need eggs for the Hobgoblin. I don't use maps in games but am wondering if they force you to in this one? I cannot imagine that... but I thought someone could clue me so I don't waste my demo time trying to find another active area. I will check back. Thank you!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 10:23 AM
If you don't use the map, you won't get to the place where you will find the eggs, Shadowfax.

Just to add: The map in this game is different to other maps, where you can get to places either by jumping to them via the map or you just walk there. You can't walk to the other places, you need the map.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 10:24:45 AM PST

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 22, 12 10:37 AM
The game has some nice graphics, but to slow and boring for my taste in games.So enjoy fishes, and happy gaming.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 22, 12 10:41 AM
Valdy Thank you very much for responding to my post and giving me the info! Much appreciated... away to collect some eggs then.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 10:43 AM
5 1/2 hoyurs main...off to do the bounus......

others devs .....this is what a lot want.....a great game with long play....

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 11:17 AM
Valdy wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Because, Valdy, first - some fishies have told me to write what I feel, even if it's a minority opinion (see my thread in CC corner about an "anti formulated games") - I wrote there that I never write negative review, just keep my thoughts to me.

This is the first time I tried to oppose the majority, and most of you were very irritated?

What about the "brain-pump" about wide screen, and the offensive attitude towards the othERS because of that? I am their fan, and I personally am offended...

Well, I wasn't offended by your negative comment. I was just wondering why you thought it would be OK to post a negative comment about a Boomzap game, but someone else can't post something negative about another developer - no matter what the reason was.

And hey... I don't mind you posting a negative review. If I don't find something to my liking, I would say so as well. That's what the "Review" thread is about - to give both positive and negative reviews.

That is how it should be----positive and negative.
After all, they are only opinions.
Gosh, I hope no one is so offended that they get mad and leave the forums!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jan 22, 12 12:31 PM
I enjoyed the demo. I was surprised when my hour was up! However, I think I will wait for the SE for this one

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 12:37 PM
bella81762 wrote:5 1/2 hoyurs main...off to do the bounus......

others devs .....this is what a lot want.....a great game with long play....

Wow----that's a good length----so we get quality as well as quantity.
I hope you will post how long the bonus takes.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 22, 12 12:47 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:I still stand by my belief that the "Dana Knightstone" novels are the best and most refined of any of their games. They're the most polished and the most overlooked.

I sooooo agree with you on this SolarEclipse! I love all of BoomZaps' games, but I really like a game with a solid story and their Dana Knightstone novels have that in spades!!! I'd really like to see more of them

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 22, 12 12:58 PM
This game is beautiful and bright, such a nice change from the dark and dreary. I will probably purchase, only problem is....what to do with all my punch card credits that just keep accumulating.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 22, 12 12:58 PM
This game is beautiful and bright, such a nice change from the dark and dreary. I will probably purchase, only problem is....what to do with all my punch card credits that just keep accumulating.

Go to: