bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Thank you from the developers!

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 6:28 AM
CasualGamePlayer wrote:I played the trial for about 20 minutes or so and it seems to be a nice game. I just wonder if it is more adventure as I did not see hidden object scenes. I do not know if it is BF that makes the catagories but it is confusing for me at time as it seem more like a puzzle/adventure game?
Anyway, just to write my opinion I am not tired of hidden object scenes & when I trial a game that is featured as hidden object/puzzle/ adventure I hope to at least see some hidden object scenes.
I know many hard core players are adventure fans that do not like hidden object scenes but a note to developers from players like me....I like hidden object scenes! I am not adverse to new things but many like me do not want only new, new, new, things/changes. When I see games that are listed as hidden object games I hope to find some hidden object scences and not only adventure and puzzles.

ther are lots hog scenes of all types in the full game

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 6:40 AM
vingilot wrote:I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you for the dual release. Your Mac players truly appreciate not being an afterthought.

yet another reason why this dev deserves kudo,s

wtg boomzap

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 6:42 AM
Bella ! I haven't seen you so excited about a game in a long run.

And hey... you took 1 hour and 20 minutes for the bonus game ?! That's a long play for a bonus game when we mostly get bonus games that you can finish withing 40 minutes. Do I hear someone mention ERS?

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jan 23, 12 7:03 AM
bella81762 wrote:
vingilot wrote:I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you for the dual release. Your Mac players truly appreciate not being an afterthought.

yet another reason why this dev deserves kudo,s

wtg boomzap

Adding my "Thank You" to these! Another beautiful and fun game--and getting it as a dual release is outstanding. Boomzap has quickly moved to the top of my list of favorite developers in the last year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wishing you happiness, prosperity, good health and long life.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 7:08 AM
Valdy wrote:Bella ! I haven't seen you so excited about a game in a long run.

And hey... you took 1 hour and 20 minutes for the bonus game ?! That's a long play for a bonus game when we mostly get bonus games that you can finish withing 40 minutes. Do I hear someone mention ERS?

i play in casual mode, and never replay a hog game....till now...i am going to replay in hardcore so i can get the easter eggs.....

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 7:09 AM

i play in casual mode, and never replay a hog game....till now...i am going to replay in hardcore so i can get the easter eggs.....

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 7:10 AM

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 7:53 AM
bella81762 wrote:i play in casual mode, and never replay a hog game....till now...i am going to replay in hardcore so i can get the easter eggs.....

And I can see you are very excited about it, having told me three times.

So, are the easter eggs only available in hardcore mode? I thought I could get to them in casual mode as well...

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Jan 23, 12 8:13 AM
Adding my Thank You also! What a fun and delightful game. I have to just sit and stare at the screen before even beginning game play with each new scene. I am so going to enjoy playing at my leisure now that I have bought the game!

Deb

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 23, 12 9:27 AM
Honestly, I've never been a big fan of Boomzap but this game made me break my vow not to buy CE's. What a beautiful and interesting game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 9:38 AM
Valdy wrote:
bella81762 wrote:i play in casual mode, and never replay a hog game....till now...i am going to replay in hardcore so i can get the easter eggs.....

So, are the easter eggs only available in hardcore mode? I thought I could get to them in casual mode as well...

according to the guide they are only in hardcore, so i didnt even look for the,,,,tell me if you find them in casual please.....

and lol on the triple post comment......i used to delete the multiples when it happens,,,but it happens so much lately. i just gave up

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 23, 12 10:16 AM
bella81762 wrote:
Valdy wrote:

according to the guide they are only in hardcore, so i didnt even look for the,,,,tell me if you find them in casual please.....

and lol on the triple post comment......i used to delete the multiples when it happens,,,but it happens so much lately. i just gave up

Spoiler Alert! (just in case)

You can get most of the Easter Eggs in any mode but to get them all you must play in Hardcore since one of them is only attainable in that mode.

Hope this clarifies things a bit

MargieB

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 23, 12 10:45 AM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
textrekkie wrote:I want to first say THANK YOU FOR HARDCORE MODE!!

I'd like to mention this was a feature we took directly from requests in this forum - and exactly the kind interaction we love having with our users. And honestly, it was pretty simple to implement - we just needed to know you wanted it! We're very excited to see what other great ideas the forums can help us generate...

Thanks again!

Hello BoomZap Team -
A welcomed "hardcore mode" type of option is to have the choice to turn-off black bar tips/hints/descriptions. For example: I've clicked on a locked fence and see there is a star shaped relief missing there. With the option to turn-off black bar tips/hints/descriptions, nothing regarding the description, and or solution to the unlocking of the fence is shown, giving the player a strictly visual clue of the missing star shaped relief to work with.
Recently, a scant-few games have successfully implemented this option, and I would LOVE to see it offered with upcoming games.

I loved this game, and can easily say "ditto" to all the great comments that are posted here, and throughout the game forum. ALSO...Thank You Thank You for true wide/full screen! You guys are on the right track...keep up the great work.

Wishing all of Boom-Zap's Asian Team a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 11:20 AM
MargieB wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Spoiler Alert! (just in case)

You can get most of the Easter Eggs in any mode but to get them all you must play in Hardcore since one of them is only attainable in that mode.

Hope this clarifies things a bit

MargieB

Thank you, Bella and MargieB.

I don't know what the eggies look like and how to find them, but I think cbtx once mentioned where to look to find a list of them. If they are supposed to be in the SG, I couldn't find them in casual mode.

ETA: Oh my goodness ! I just read the things you have to do (poor creatures, some of them) in order to get an easter egg.

BTW, what does the Easter egg consists of? Will I see something special?

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 11:26:18 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 23, 12 12:03 PM
Valdy - "Easter Egg" is just a term used by programmers to mean a little something extra or a little surprise put into the game.

If you perform one of the acts noted you will get a response/acknowledgment.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 12:04:32 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 1:10 PM
textrekkie wrote:Valdy - "Easter Egg" is just a term used by programmers to mean a little something extra or a little surprise put into the game.

If you perform one of the acts noted you will get a response/acknowledgment.

Sorry, Textrekkie, didn't explain myself very well when I asked about the Easter Eggs. I know what they are. I just didn't know what I would be seeing or what would happen if I did something unspeakable to the sheep, for example. LOL

I think I will pass those eggs, and just concentrate on the game itself.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 1:11:13 PM PST

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Jan 23, 12 6:12 PM
Job well done! Perfect...not too many HOGs, nice puzzles, interesting storyline, beautiful graphics. A 10 on my scale.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jan 23, 12 6:53 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:A huge THANK YOU to everyone at Boomzap. Great job on this game. I absolutely love it. It has everything I look for in a game. Just one little thing I would prefer is...voiceover through out the whole game... not just the cut scenes. But other than that, I'm loving it! The graphics are so beautiful and the music is enchanting. Well Done! I really appreciate all the work you put into the beautiful graphics. Keep up the good work and bring us more please.

I agree with lovetomisslisa
Great Game just quick note I noticed another poster and I thought there were no voices in the game. I almost didn't buy it because of that.
To all who think the game doesn't have voices like I did, it does have voices, but not that much. I was disappointed at the characters I met who did not have voices Boonzap it would have been great to hear the various voices for me it would add to enjoyment of the game. I hope you will do this in your next game. One more thing I also hate the shade popping up when I click too much. Come on Devs that is part of experimenting.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jan 23, 12 7:04 PM
After griping in the stained glass thread, I wanted to take a moment and say how much I am loving this game otherwise.

The flow, the variety of the HOG scene types, the fantasy aspect, all of it. Though I personally am frustrated with just the one part I am extremely impressed and enjoying this game more than I have in a long time.

And now you tell me there are easter eggs to be found in hardcore?! I think I found one in the casual, but that's enough to make me want to go back and play again in the other mode.

And I NEVER say that about a game!

Great jobs, developers! (except, you know, that dumb glass cutting. lol)

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 23, 12 9:54 PM
Hi there WebsiteBoomzap,
It would be really great if I and others like me who have systems that far exceed the minimum requirements for this game and only get a white screen could make some encouraging posts.
I have run Dr Felix and sent my results off to CS - and encouraged others to do likewise.
I hope there is an easy solution to this and a fix will be here soon.
Cheers

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 9:55:47 PM PST

Go to: