Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kittyluvr22 on Feb 22, 12 1:54 PM
I'm having a completely different problem...when I try to sart the game, all I get is a black screen. I can hear the music playing, but no picture. I've deleted and reinstalled the game, cleared the cache, did a disc cleanup and a defrag...still just a black screen. And it sounded like a good game, too. Very disappointing.

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jaja16 on Feb 28, 12 8:58 AM
Having problem with chapter 2 getting tile, seems alot have ! Has it been fixed ????

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 28, 12 4:51 PM
Jaja - I have done a Dr Felix report, been in touch with CS, even went so far as to post on BoomZap's Facebook page. I did receive a credit for this game as well as the SE version - same problem, can't get last tile. I have read here that the developer is working on it, but I wonder if it will ever be fixed. Trying to be patient, but they're on my last nerve!

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Mar 11, 12 9:10 PM
Same problem with the tile in the hallway 2nd floor, am waiting a bit to see if they will fix it, otherwise will get a refund, and I mean a refund on my charge card, I told them I will not take code or coupons anymore, I expect a cash refund on my charge or I will take my business elsewhere.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Mar 18, 12 8:12 AM
well it has been almost 2 months now since the "updated" version came out and still no fix for the last tile on 2nd fl of house "glitch". Very disappointed to say the least. Is there a fix in the works or not? I have been told yes there was that c.s. and developer were working on it. Makes me wonder......

[Post New]by conwett on Mar 27, 12 4:56 PM
I have been unable to use the wrench on the faucet in Part 2 The Intruder. I have tried many times with no success. If you look at the guide, it shows the wrench as perpenticular to the ground. When I get the wrench it is slanted.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game two times.

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by jcballar on Mar 28, 12 1:53 PM
So far I have not encountered any of the problems reported above, but I am a little ticked that I cannot put the game in pause mode for longer than five minutes and then bring it "back to life". I must right-click on the game icon in the task bar, close it and then reopen it. Luckily, it does start back up at where I left off, or that would be a deal-breaker.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 21, 12 8:42 AM
I am in the cave and the torch that has been in my inventory after several other uses is now not in inventory and I need it to look in "murky water for a bone".

Has anyone had this issue?? I am totally stuck and cant move on.

Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by mariawe on May 18, 12 3:51 PM
i got the same problem with the wooden tiles...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Aug 5, 12 3:12 PM
I just purchased the CE today after playing the first game. I went to the general store to examine the box for the funnels, no box on the counter in the CE. Need help please.

Louise_Tx
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

CE edition for iPad - camera needed?

[Post New]by Louise_Tx on Oct 19, 12 8:23 PM
Really? Trying to download the CE trial for iPad advertised today within other games. Get a pop-up message stating that iy is not compatible with my iPad (orig) because it needs a forward facing camera Again, I say, really?

[Post New]by sandyba on Oct 22, 12 7:20 AM
I cant open the cupboard to get the last piece of glass what should i do iPad version

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 22, 12 10:42 AM
Hi Louise_Tx and sandyba,

I'm sorry you're having trouble playing this game on your iPad!

Please get in touch with our Mobile Support Team so they can collect more information about what you're experiencing and work with you directly to get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by mak10302 on Oct 22, 12 5:05 PM
I'm also having a problem with oiling the hinges on the cupboard. When I bring the oil can to the hinges, it tells me to oil the hinges and not the cupboard

[Post New]by Fordina on Nov 3, 12 7:50 AM
I'm at the epilogue where you need the waxes and I can't dye the green one -.- I've done the rest, it's literally the last thing I need and I've tried all angles and it just won't dye! I don't know if I'm missing something but I've been trying for ages. It's guttering since I've had no issues with the rest of the game and now I can't proceed. I'm playing on my iPhone4s by the way. I hope the problem can be fixed. Thanks.

[Post New]by cyrbrii on Dec 19, 12 3:07 PM
I couldn't give the coat to the hobgoblin. I have this for my iPod. I just deleted it, and I am currently re-installing it to my iPod. What was wrong with the game for me. I had the CE too. I have seen many complaints about other glitches, but can't find anything related to my problem. Did anyone else have this issue to deal with? What do I do to fix it besides re-installing it?

[Post New]by Kimberly333 on Jan 18, 13 4:07 PM
I am stuck at the gate after I removed the bike. There is supposed to be pins I have to move in order, but they aren't there

[Post New]by BrunswickBunny on Jan 29, 13 6:50 PM
I am on the second chapter and I cannot find the map to get me back to the barn. I have been to the barn several times but now the map is missing.

[Post New]by nancysheryll on Feb 21, 13 5:05 AM
catmartie wrote:
catmartie wrote:
misty5 wrote:
jeanniemouse wrote:I've fun into an issue of not being able to cut the glass with the glass cutter. I've tried several attempts, exited out & in, now am reinstallling. Unfortunately this also seems to be an "unskippable" puzzle. Frustrating!!

This is the very same problem I'm having. Glass cutter worked fine until the second piece in about the 4th pattern. Have you gotten yours to work yet??

Yes,me too!

I posted this, went back to the game, left and returned to the table and suddenly it worked!

The trick is, unlike various exercises with the knife that have already been encountered, you don't have to drag the glass cutter round the black outline, just click on the left hand end/corner, whatever, and the shape is cut.

Thank you catmartie! I am new to Big Fish. I love this game but I am having the same problems with the curser, picking up tiles, etc. I thought with the glass cutter, I could go no further, but your solution worked wonderful! Now, maybe, if there are no further problems, I might be able to finish the game!

If I had come to this forum first and saw there were so many technical issues, I would not have bought it. I've learned my lesson now and will check this forum with any other games I try to see if there are any issues. I thought BFG guaranteed this sort of thing was checked and corrected before they sold it. Guess not. Thank you again!

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 5:13:39 AM PST

[Post New]by SusanThePuzzler on Feb 27, 13 7:06 PM
Like other users who have recently rated this game in the Apple App Store, I am experiencing a game-blocking bug when I reach the challenge of finding the funnels in town. According to the strategy guide, I should return to the store, talk to the owner, and look through the box. But the owner replies with what he said earlier in the game—"Well, back to work now. Feel free to take a look around the shop."—and the box never shows up. I have tried looking for a hot spot everywhere, but none exists.

I am playing on an iPad 2 (Model MC769LL/A) running iOS 6.1.2, the latest iOS. I keep checking for updates, but I haven't seen any since I bought the game a couple of days ago. I have enjoyed Big Fish HO games in the past, and although I've run into some challenging puzzles, this is the first main-game bug I've experienced. (Note: I experienced a bug in the replay-the-games part of Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden.) I didn't even bother with the trial (esp. because I read a good review of this game on a gaming site) and went straight for the collector's edition, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to finish the game.

Please release an update to fix this bug.

Go to: