Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by reximoose on Feb 1, 12 12:19 PM
Anyone hear anything from BFG? I have updated all drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled several times etc, etc, etc,. It would be nice if they let us know how they are working on the problem instead of just telling us to work on it on our end to no avail.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Feb 1, 12 12:59 PM
I would like to know also. If not, then I want my money back for the game. I hate not being able to finish a game.

[Post New]by force1404 on Feb 1, 12 1:13 PM
sixmilecoss wrote:I would like to know also. If not, then I want my money back for the game. I hate not being able to finish a game.

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Feb 1, 12 2:29 PM
Regarding the missing Mr. Doyle problem - I submitted a Dr. Felix report and contacted technical support. However during that process, it seemed to stall at 'submitting'. I'm not sure if the report ever went through.
This is all so frustrating!

klazebear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by klazebear on Feb 1, 12 3:37 PM
I was ready to blame old age and short-term memory loss - thank goodness it's just a glitch - my psycologist will be so relieved !!!!! Please let me know when it's fixed. I AM NOT buying another game in the meantime. This has happened once too often. I have been using Big Fish for at least 3 yrs. (5-6 games a month) you at least owe a courtesty e-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm off to sort out our GOVERNMENT

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Feb 1, 12 4:26 PM
As much as I enjoyed this game, I encountered the same error with Mr. Doyle not appearing. OS is Windows XP, AMD Radeon graphics card with most current driver. Direct X diagnostics reveal no errors or issues.

Based on that, I contacted BFG support for a refund or credit to my account and a coupon for a free game was immediately issued.

For those of you encountering the same problems, I encourage you to do the same. It has been my experience that more often than not, a bug that doesn't affect a great number of users is rarely addressed and rather than the frustration of trying to coax a game to work, it's better to simply move on to another one. Luckily, BFG also realizes this and willingly works with their customers.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Feb 1, 12 10:28 PM
yep, heres another unhappy fishie, locked out of the up stairs room, and unable to finish game.Such a shame as I had to this point really enjoyed it, so I am off to contact BF, major bummer

Creidiki
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Creidiki on Feb 1, 12 10:55 PM
I'm stuck at a much earlier point in the game. At the Houdinis' house, in the Parlor on the main floor, there's a puzzle box on a chair to the left of the screen. My cursor just doesn't recognize that as an area to click on. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there anything to do besides dump and reload?

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 2, 12 1:10 AM
I submitted a request to Customer Support about the Mr. Doyle problem. They have responded and are working to find a solution. The best thing for us all to do is submit requests and include a Dr. Felix report. The more data they have to work with, the sooner a solution will be found.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 2, 12 2:50 AM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to pop in and confirm that we are aware of the trouble locating Doyle and the random error bug reports.

We apologize for the trouble, and we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can about the types of systems that are being affected by this.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Sending us a Dr. Felix report will help us to discover any particular trends and we will be able to forward those to the developers.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

Edited on 02/02/2012 at 2:50:43 AM PST

No HOS or lantern for the bog....

[Post New]by Angelb1207 on Feb 2, 12 9:26 AM
Rhondalay wrote:There is no HOS scene when I go to the desk for the lantern to light my way in the bog... I clicked hellp and it leads me to the desk and points at it, but there is no HOS or anything that I can click on....clicked around the desk a million times (okay, I'm kidding about the number, but it seemed like it!). I looked at the strategy guide to see if it's missing something or something I need to do first and the hellp is missing that too...but no go. I see that someone started a new message string regarding the lantern in the bog and there are several others with the same problem I'm having. One of them tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can you help us??? Or will there be a fix? How long do I wait before asking for my money back ?

I am having the same problem. There is no HOS scene at the desk!!!

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Feb 2, 12 12:39 PM
- I've run into the missing 2 cards door lock problem. Game has been great up this point and I hate to start over just see if it happens again.
I've run Dr Felix and sent it off to CS.

Edited on 02/02/2012 at 12:40:47 PM PST

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Feb 2, 12 5:43 PM
Well, some good news about the missing Mr. Doyle problem - I restarted the game using a different name and it played through the problem are just fine. No glitches at all. I haven't yet finished, but will assume things will go well. I've truly enjoyed Haunted Houdini as much as I did Devil on the Mississippi.
No longer frustrated here. A happy fish (ah make that a squid - I just morphed) once again.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 3, 12 12:48 AM
The Tech Support folks did find an update for my video card that I had not installed (released 1 week ago), but I still had to start over with a new profile to have Mr. Doyle appear. It seems as though there should be some way to have updates correct the problems, once the game is uninstalled and reinstalled. Just a thought...

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Feb 3, 12 9:09 PM
azjmarie wrote:Well, some good news about the missing Mr. Doyle problem - I restarted the game using a different name and it played through the problem are just fine. No glitches at all. I haven't yet finished, but will assume things will go well. I've truly enjoyed Haunted Houdini as much as I did Devil on the Mississippi.
No longer frustrated here. A happy fish (ah make that a squid - I just morphed) once again.

I took azjmarie's advice and signed in under a different name and I was able to play through and complete the game just fine without the "debugging error"! Thank you so much, azjmarie! I suggest the rest of the fishes who are having the debugging problem try this as well - simply sign in under a different name and replay the game, this seems to work!

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Feb 4, 12 4:21 AM
I sent in a technical issues report with the Debug script - they are working on it. They advised me to run the game in Administrator mode, but I got another set of Debug messages, which I passed on to the technical guys. Anxious to play the game, I started over with a different name and went through the entire game without a glitch. Apparently there are some bugs still in the game and it's a matter of where and when you click on something as to whether the bugs will come crawling out. I got hung up when I followed Ford upstairs. When he appeared in the study, I clicked on something else before I clicked on him. He disappeared and I left the room. This is when the door slammed and I got the Debug message. The missing cards needed to open the 'water' door sounds like just such another glitch.

The game is really good. I advise patience as they work out the details!

[Post New]by Martha211 on Feb 4, 12 6:20 AM
Same type problem...after meeting Ford, can't leave the room with the long table and puzzle locked doors on either side. Can't finish now. Argh!

Tuxlux
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tuxlux on Feb 4, 12 12:22 PM
Hello All, I too am not able to get the "HOS" to appear on the second trip to Doyle's house. I can get the scene to play in "unlimited HOS". But that doesn't move the game along.

I really like Midnight Mysteries games but this one seems to have been released a little too quickly.

As for paying more for a "Deluxe" with a strategry guide, No. Especially when the games themselves are buggy.

What's up Big Fish?

[Post New]by ladybaroness33 on Feb 4, 12 5:59 PM
I am missing an egg in a HOS which turns into a liquid chicken!!I have used so many ravens to no avail.Please help BF

[Post New]by noddies44 on Feb 4, 12 6:15 PM
lmarr54 wrote:I'm getting the same "Debug Error" with this game as I did with Devil on the Mississippi. I tried everything to get that game to run and play and was never able to even demo either the CE or SE, so received a refund. I have previous Midnight Mysteries games and they run fine. Everything is up to date. I would really like to buy and play both games. Too bad for BFG and Devs.

Go to: