Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Reviews for Big City Adventure: London Story

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 1, 12 12:11 PM
Just loved it. Love the way it operates. Love the decors. Terrific graphics. Good puzzles. Good story.

It's charming and elegant and very entertaining.

Nice one devs. You should make all your future Big City Adventures just like this one.

Well done.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Feb 1, 12 4:28 PM

WHAT is with the STARS in the above posts!!?? They messed up the whole page!>?

Anyone??

jberndt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jberndt on Feb 1, 12 7:13 PM
Apparently I'm in the minority. i found the game confusing and hints unhelpful. Will not buy.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Feb 2, 12 2:08 PM
Awesome game! I bought this one and, of course, the classic. I enjoy all the Big City adventure games. The London Story was well done and I spent a good part of my day playing. THANKS!!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Feb 2, 12 4:03 PM
I am really enjoying this game, it's fun, colorful and relaxing, a change of pace from the usual dark plots, and historically very interesting and beautiful to watch.
Very good graphics and puzzles, brightful adeventure to cheer about it!

[Post New]by 12Peaches on Feb 2, 12 6:52 PM
I loved this game! It had a cute mystery story and was chucked full of historical facts. Makes me want to take a trip to England. Very refreshing hidden object game. Additionally it has some challenging puzzles. A definite buy for those who are tired of all of those dark, yucky hidden object games chucked with the supernatural overkill.

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Feb 3, 12 5:17 AM
The moment I noticed the BCA game, I was pretty sure I was going to buy it. Like always, I loved everything about it. The graphics are great, voice-overs are great. Plus, this is more than just finding things (not that I mind because I love the BCA where all you do is find items) and I love London, so... it's a buy for me.

threeds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by threeds on Feb 4, 12 3:33 PM
I love this.. but do have to use the walkthrough frequently to figure things out. I really don't like all the dark, ghostly, otherworldly games so this is very refreshing.. some of the mini games to unlock things are very challenging.. I have had to skip.. but will go back to try it again on the next go-through

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 5, 12 4:23 PM
Now that I am almost done with this game I have to reiterate what a great game this is. It does not disappoint. A real fun time. Wish alot more games were like this one.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 7, 12 6:28 AM
It was different from what I first expected too from the other Big City Adventure Games. Still a little on the youngish side, but more of an adventure game not just an HOS. In fact, there weren't too many HOS as I would have expected. They also had a map where you could jump from scene to scene and walk thru built right in that would show you the next couple of steps. The graphics were good and the voiceovers and music were also very good. I would have to rate this an 8 out of 10.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 7, 12 4:14 PM
I mistakenly bought this thinking it would be a relaxing walk through London sights with a bit of mystery to solve. What I found after an hour is an annoying mess of "go here, you need to do this but not finding what I need." What I have is a huge list of stuff that's impossible to complete without going ten different places and having ten more tasks laid in that needed something I couldn't find to complete even one task.

Sorry I bought this; it's annoying as hell. I have enough annoyance in life without this sort of nonsense.

Perhaps I'm missing something but when I have 3 different numeric codes to find and see no clues and can't get any completion on anything, I'm done.

EDIT on 8/13/54: I finally came back to this and finished it with a much better opinion. I wouldn't have gotten through it at ALL without the built-in help because there really was an awful lot of "go here and do this" before you could do or find what you needed to.

But having been to London several times, it really was enjoyable seeing the places I've been. The story line, voiceovers and the history with collecting all the post-cards was like a mini-trip back.

So on second (and third) thought, I'm glad I bought it afterall. But I probably won't buy any more in this series.

Edited on 08/13/2012 at 9:53:27 PM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Feb 13, 12 4:20 PM
This is the best Big City Adventure I have ever played. So many places to go (with map). things to do and just enough HOS. I really do hope they make another real soon.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Hints are worthless

[Post New]by catsrobe on Feb 16, 12 6:56 PM
What a stupid game. I clicked on the hint button and a gold "comet" flew across the screen with the words, "you should grab that." Grab what??? Tried everything that was in the path of this flying comet but couldn't find anything to grab. I'm uninstalling the demo. No buy for me.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Feb 19, 12 2:34 PM
Why is it that everyone wants to "improve" what is already great? I hated this. I love the Big City Adventure games but this is .... well, not so great. Give it a different name and it would probably be great for others but....I like the original Big City Adventure games. They were, in a word, perfect. Why screw around with them? Give us another City and we're happier than clams at high tide.

[Post New]by Memoryamethyst on Feb 25, 12 8:18 PM
I really didn't like this game. The progression was not intuitive, there was way to much running around and without the walktrough I was constantly getting stuck. I found it to be a pretty game, the music was gentle, very child friendly atmosphere, but frankly as annoying as all get out. It really did feel like jumping through hoops
With so many good games out there, I`m sorry I wasted my credit on this one.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 26, 12 4:16 PM
Big City Adventure goes IHOG! We are taken by the hand and walking through the streets of London this time...

The Good:

+ story
+ still brings you the classic BCA treatment with historical facts
+ quick-travel function using the map
+ indicator on the map where to go next
+ helpful walkthrough (just ask the appropriate question for your situation)
+ game duration (about 5 hours for me)
+ voiceovers!
+ some really clever riddles (Presidents!)

The Neutral:

o it seems to me that the London map is not quite correct in the placement of the locations
o mostly easy
o some riddles trial and error (Shakespeare! - although I guess you are to place the books in chronological order, but I did not want to tab out and wiki this)

The Bad:

- expected story twist near the end
- some items not placed in a logical way, e.g. I'm running all over the city to find a lock combination, open the drawer, and find... A PACKET OF MATCHES! *rolls eyes*

Bottom Line: The best Big City Adventure yet - bring on a new city!

9lady_di
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 9lady_di on Mar 20, 12 10:19 AM
I really like this game. It is a real adventure game/HOG. I liked the fact that it had a walk through built right into the game. This is better than the other Big City games hands down.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 14, 12 6:52 AM
can anyone tell me the difference between london story & london Classic?-------doug

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Sep 19, 12 3:24 PM
I downloaded this game using a credit without demoing it simply because it was a BCA game. Now I wish I hadn't. I didn't realize it was a "go here, do this, find that" kind of game.

This is the most frustrating game I've ever playedI didn't have trouble finding the objects so much as trying to figure out what I was doing and where I was going. I had to use two walkthroughs, one from the game itself, and one from another site, and I still couldn't figure out what I was doing.

I tried playing it 4 times and just couldn't get anywhere with it. Enough is enough for me. I uninstalled it for now. I might try it again at a later date.

[Post New]by summer1946 on Oct 11, 12 10:05 AM
I'm stuck on how to get the key from the clock in the green room, I have the clue from the bench but still can't seem to get any further please any ideas

Go to: