lch217
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Reviews for Big City Adventure: London Classic

[Post New]by lch217 on Mar 13, 12 9:36 AM
I agree with Lizzie K who talked of them "dumbing" down the game and I agree. It no longer is a challenge in the puzzles so will no longer buy from this developer

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 14, 12 6:42 AM
i have played all BCA games and if you like them you will LOVE this one.----------------doug

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on May 14, 12 9:00 AM
For those who don't like the revised (easier) version of London Classic, you can restore your computer to a date before you uninstalled the original game and installed the easier one. That's what I did because I was getting hopelessly stuck on the scarab puzzle and it was taking all the joy out of the overall game for me. After doing the easier version, however, I found that it had gone too far in the other direction and was actually TOO easy. After thinking about it, I decided to restore my computer back to the day before I'd installed the revised version so now I have the original version back (I can always uninstall it and install the easier version later but I doubt that I ever will). After going back to the original version, I still had trouble with the scarab puzzle but I played a full game on the relaxed mode so I wouldn't have to worry about the time running out and I was actually able to figure out that blasted puzzle... it made me feel like I'd reached the summit of Everest!!!

I'm very particular about the hidden object games that I play but I've bought and loved all of the Big City Adventure ones and eagerly look forward to the next one. Any hints from the powers that be as to when it will be coming out and what city it will involve?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 28, 12 3:24 AM
I played the entire demo just for the hell of it. I would never purchase this game. Some of the items in the HOS were "invisible" -- e.g., I sure couldn't see them. Used a boatload of hint coins. You can rack up points, but seriously, who cares? The puzzles were fairly simple but boring. During the demo, I had to complete one puzzle twice... don't know if there would've been more repeats. Probably. I really can't recommend this game. It seems more geared toward young players, but the objects were too hard to find, and in some cases, a youngster wouldn't know what to look for. SPOILER: Turns out a pasta tube is macaroni.

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 15, 13 7:49 AM
GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

Mind Numbing Repetition Has Its Place I Suppose

Story: The family’s on vacation in jolly old London England, and that means hours of sightseeing at all the historic sites.

Developer: Jolly Bear Games
Release Date: Jan 2012
Extras: None

Well, I guess you either love these strictly HO marathons or you hate them. Personally, I hate them, but I have played all the recently released pure HO games several times, and this is one of the best of them.

The blurb about the game pretty much says it all. Travel around the city to a preordained location, find the list of hidden items, complete a puzzle, collect postcards ‘containing fascinating and obscure facts about London and its history’ and earn ‘cool mementos’. Repeat 50 times!

The puzzles have no skip feature, you must find coins for them scattered throughout the game, and they’re rare. There are other coins for extra time, hints and points. This is a scored game, so there’s also a high score challenge. The visuals are good, but the items are often very small and take liberties with reality a HOPA would never dare to do.

NB: The newest version of this game offers more skip coins and easier versions of the puzzles.

Edited on 03/15/2013 at 8:00:00 AM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 4, 13 9:15 PM
No, not, never!!! After the guy said, "I'm scared, I want my mummy," I quit. Ugh.

Go to: