nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Reviews for Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 26, 12 2:59 AM
gioco molto bello,peccato per alcuni problemi tecnici risolti prontamente dal tutor....devo dire che l'unica cosa non molto positiva sono gli aiuti,poco chiari,ma il gioco è veramente appassionante....consiglio. PS: ho acquistato la versione SE ....!!!

like2find
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by like2find on Feb 26, 12 7:02 PM
I'm not pleased with this game. The instructions for the mini-games must have been lost when downloaded and any instructions that were there were lame. The game was way to drawn out and became boring. It will be deleted.

winkadink
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by winkadink on Feb 28, 12 9:08 PM
This game has good graphics and do-able puzzles. I don't always like it if they are so difficult I either have to skip them or refer to the walkthrough. There are some hidden object scenes and there are fractured items to find in each scene separate from the hidden object scenes. You have to find coins in each scene and it tells you how many you need to find every time. I did find the curser to be jerky and I needed to shut off the custom one. I do like this game but I would only purchase it in the SE version.

ffap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ffap on Mar 8, 12 7:16 AM
jennsmom wrote:It is not a game where the storyline grabs me. It's too abrupt. The cursor is wonky, and even after changing the brightness, the screen is quite dark. I assume one has to collect coins, but I saw no direction to do so. And then there's the fact that it has fractured objects. The only fractured object games that ever draw me in are by b---- t-----. So, this is not a purchase for me, unfortunately.

I agree that the screen is quite dark and the game did not grab me.I was having trouble from the very beginning----I like some fractured object games but not this one.It was just taking me too long to locate items and frankly,there are too many other good games that I love to waste time here.I uninstalled after 30 minutes.A no buy for me .

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Mar 11, 12 11:10 PM
I honestly enjoyed this game a great deal. It was a little more...youthful, shall we say, than some of the others I've played from BFG, but I thought the graphics were good and the storyline kept me engrossed. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 17, 12 7:31 PM
not an easy game
sometimes tedious
but i enjoyed it part of the time
gl

[Post New]by bloodsacrifice on Mar 17, 12 9:48 PM
The game is definitely awesome and love the way how the hidden objects play is not the entire game as so many others. Also loved you don't just seek out objects but they are given in riddles (i.e., I am the lady of all insects) and you have to figure out what it is. However, as cool as the game was for $19.99 definitely not worth the price. I was expecting this massive extended play for that price and it isn't the case. I just purchased another game for half the price and it took me days to finish with the extended play and additional games that came with the package. Is it worth buying? Yes. But not for 20 bucks.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Apr 9, 12 1:01 AM
I enjoyed the game. It became a little bit of a hindrance to return to it because it was kind of a memory hog now and again, i.e., the cursor getting jumpy or difficult to navigate. Beyond that:

Nice story
Pretty
Liked the music

Thanks!

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on May 23, 12 9:37 AM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it, but I did have a couple of complaints.

1) The hint function is almost worthless. Which was really frustrating for me because I kept hoping it would work better, but it didn't.

2) The controls were a bit clunky and took longer than normal to resume game play after a cut scene.

Other than that..I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I did appreciate the map where you could just jump to another scene without having to hit the down arrow a hundred times. I wish more games would incorporate that!

All in all...I'd say 3 1/2 - 4 stars!

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jun 10, 12 11:30 AM
in contrast with other people i am not pleased with this game at all.
just started playing the demo (about 15 minutes) and all i managed was to get frustrated by not being able to find the bits and pieces of the items, and the hint button does not help at all, too. it always points to those items but not to the missing parts. i am not willing to spend the demo time only to search for the bits in just two scenes and this game is going to be uninstalled from my pc straight away.
sorry. i am not that kind of player that enjoys endless searching for item parts on two static sceneries.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Aug 6, 12 12:28 PM
One of the best games I've played recently. Some new twists that I haven't seen in other games. I bought the SE and wish I'd purchased the CE. This game doesn't have a ton of hidden object scenes, and that's fine with me. Some of the puzzles are quite challenging so you need patience to figure them out but I enjoy the challenge! Great game!!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 24, 13 4:20 AM
When Persistence Pays

GAME COMPLETED ONCE

I don’t even know how this one got into my collection I hated it so much – and said so in a scathing review on the web page. But it was here, and I promised myself I’d play ALL my games through alphabetically, so there was no way round it.

It was still very difficult for me to get into this game, although I think I might even like it the next time through. It’s structured in much the same way as the “House of 1000 Doors” series, which I love. The cursed house has five doors to separate places/times where you help release a ghost. It is a very beautiful game too. The artwork is exceptional.

It is very HOs heavy, which in my case is usually a plus, but was a bit more than even I cared for. There are three types of HOs – lists, fragments and multiples, many of them done really well. Imaginative and clever. But every item for inventory and every item for puzzles had to be found by one of these methods, so in the end, I was crying for the chance to just pick up a crowbar.

If you can handle that, I think you’ll love this game, and unlike before:

I heartily recommend it!

EARLY REVIEW 4 FEB 2012

Wish I Could Like This One... **

Based on 30 mins of trial.

From other reviews you know this game is pretty, sounds good and is not your traditional HOG. But it is also not anything new either. There are plenty of games where, instead of combing through HO scenes, you must comb through your location for teensy weensy unidentifiable bits of stuff you may need, although how and why is not always clear. I mean, collect bits of a gem to light the fire? Gimme a break!

The puzzles I encountered came without any form of instruction even in casual mode. And the very first one Needed instructions, because the note that allegedly provided you with a clue was too obscure for me. And it just kept happening that way for the half hour I tried to like this game.

For those of you who are into pieces of objects, this is probably lovely, though not outstanding in any way, which is why I gave it 2 stars - to compensate for my personal objection to these sort of games.

I don't recommend this game.

Go to: