Re:Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by CeeJayThe1 on Feb 11, 12 7:44 AM
I have the same problem as many others here. I also get sent back to the beginning of the second chapter though I already solved it.

If there won't be a fix, I'm also going to ask for my money (or Game Club Credit in my case) back.

[Post New]by mymobear on Feb 11, 12 12:52 PM
I too, am having this problem. Chapter 2 is Groundhog day.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 11, 12 1:05 PM
Hi there,
I found that you had to let the cut scenes at the end of each story run its course without clicking on anything to get to the next story. Maybe this will also work for you.
Cheers

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Feb 11, 12 10:57 PM
DragonLadyOz, I let the cut scenes run through and did the fix others have mentioned here and still get sent back to the beginning of the second chapter. The only suggestion from CS, aside from starting a new profile and playing the game from the beginning again, was to send in a Dr. Felix report.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Feb 12, 12 9:53 AM
I too am having the same trouble over and over, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, done what I have been told.
I dont think I should have to start over again just to get further in this game. I think the developers should fix the problem, it is obviously NOT our computers.
Send an update to fix this. I dont want to waste any more money on games that dont work.

NOT HAPPY

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 15, 12 10:39 AM
Come on BFG, please! This game is a total joke. Just look at all of us, all having the exact same problems.

These devs have got to fix this game right away or I for one will be requesting a refund. After waiting 11 days for a WT from the devs, and finally finishing Chapter 2, this game glitched out and send me back to the beginning of the Chapter. Never mind that all the play has been completed and there is nowhere to go. It clearly states in the WT that after opening the safe the game should automatically begin Chapter 3, but no matter how many times you open that safe, nor which way you do it, it will not progress.

It's obviously a fault and it needs to be seen to.

Some response would be appreciated.

Yours frustratfully

Sheerija

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 11:16:06 AM PST

[Post New]by jbeckman01 on Feb 15, 12 11:21 AM
I too am having a problem with it going back to the beginning of Chapter 2! I even deleted and downloaded again and played again the second time and ended up back at the beginning of Chapter 2 AGAIN!!!! Something is definely wrong!!!

sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sandthda on Feb 16, 12 11:20 AM
Same issue here - get sent back to the beginning of chapter 2 but it's a weird beginning because all the "inventory" items are still there but anythin you would use the inventory for is already done (ladder for instance) so you are just STUCK - and I HATE starting over and according to everyone else here it would be a waste anyway - what gives BFG why are you not responding???

[Post New]by pinkivy24 on Feb 16, 12 2:52 PM
Same issue with the 2nd scene going back to the beginning after I've completed it. I'd really like some answers.

Thanks.

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Feb 18, 12 11:52 PM
Akaabbey wrote:
ivillagegrinch wrote:I bought the game, and just when you've solved the Detective part, it throws you back to the beginning of that part of the game...except that you have everything opened, discovered, fixed, etc. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" except that you can't escape even when you've gotten everything done correctly.

Same problem I am havinf...Chapter 2 will not end for me.....after I crack the safe and see the cut scene it goes back to the crime scene! I have done this 2x I only have to cut the roses & go to the safe again then goes right back to the beginning...Any ideas other than to start a new profile?

Thanks,

Abbey

LOL started a new profile & when hit the spider the whole game froze....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 12 9:50 AM
OK, I just actually continued the game after demoing the 1st chapter, and also finished the detective story, and was thrown back to the beginning, with everything already open.

It's now the 20. of Feb today, and nothing has been fixed, it seems. So I am going to click on that green envelope and ask for my money back, especially since reinstalling doesn't seem to do the trick, not that I would want to go through the 2 chapters again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 12 10:20 AM
Damn, damn, and double damn. When I closed the game after I got nowhere fast with chapter 2, not wanting to go through the whole thing again, my computer did an emergency shutdown. Blue screen and all.

What is the name of this dev again? Because I sure won't be downloading any more games from them.

ETA: Ah, I just found out the name: Absolutist & Happy Artist. Well, the happy artist must have been a little OTT happy, not seeing the darn glitches they added while they did a happy jig.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 10:22:56 AM PST

jprdwnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jprdwnr on Feb 20, 12 6:07 PM
OK, add my name to the list of gamers who can't advance further than Chapter 2. I get to the Top Secret file, then Chapter 2 starts over again but without the items I need to finish.

I'm not happy with this game, this developer, or the lack of any response to multiple complaints about the same exact problem.

When is this going to be fixed?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 22, 12 4:59 AM
I asked Margie and she said the devs are currently working on a fix, but no clue as to when it will be available.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 23, 12 3:07 PM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We've just released an update for this game that addresses the following issues:

-crashing issues
-getting stuck in the second dream
-improved hint button functionality
-removed a couple of hidden objects
-corrections made to punctuation and spelling

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams! Feb. 23, 2012

To monitor any technical issues that are specific to the newest build, we will now be locking this thread. Please feel free to post any issues that you continue to experience in the new 'Tech Issues' thread and/or by contacting Tech Support.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 3:08:20 PM PST

Go to: