Virus alert?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Virus alert?

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 20, 09 2:10 PM
Just delete it from the Game Manager, reboot your system, and then redownload. You should be fine then. Remember that BF has already stated that the warnings people are getting are false positives that they have already contacted the anti-virus companies about AND that the anti-virus companies have ADMITTED to them that they are indeed false positives.

[Post New]by BEHANHEAD on Feb 23, 09 6:52 PM
I got the back door Trojan message on the liong, the lost amulets. I use Avg and lavasoft.

[Post New]by BEHANHEAD on Feb 23, 09 6:59 PM
If the trojan message is false. How come the people with different any virus program is picking it up. I tried deleting the game and then downloading it again and still I got the same message. I even try one of their back up disc (which is only a link to their site) and it still got the same message.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 23, 09 8:05 PM
If you do a search on the forums for "backdoor", you'll find that these are being detected by several anti-virus programs.

I did some research on one of these so-called viruses, Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.wbf, and found that it is identified by some AV programs as a false positive because software developers and distributors use software to prevent their games from being downloaded illegally and also to limit trials to certain times or restrictions. One of these programs is called Armadillo, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that this type of of software is used by BFG. Again, these are not viruses, but incorrectly identified false positives. I would give you the name of a site to verify this information, but I actually pulled it together from several sites I visited after doing a Google search on that name.

That's at least one reason why different AV programs are identifying the same so-called trojan even though these reports are false positives.

I use AVG as well and have never had a real virus in a game from BFG of which I have MANY.

HTH!

[Post New]by zioncheck on Mar 5, 09 5:19 PM
I have Ad-Aware Pro Anniversay Addition. It detected and blocked what it determined as malicious process on my system after I launched Liong: The Lost Amulets. The specific file it blocked was: xddfkdh.exe
I have gone on the internet to find any information of this specific file, but am unable to. I am persuing with Ad-Aware why their software tagged and blocked this file. Just an FYI.

[Post New]by ivebnevrywrman on Mar 7, 09 6:32 AM
I use Ad-Aware, and today it found xddfkdh.exe as well. It is reported as a Threat Assesment Level 10, or MOST dangerous. Type is Win32.Backdoor.Rbot, located in Liong file in program files.

If it isn't a Trojan Horse or Virus, an explanation from Big Fish or the game maker as to what it does EXACTLY, would be appreciated.

[Post New]by lilysbud on Aug 2, 09 4:02 PM
July 2009. Same thing happened to us. A virus was found in liong2.exe and was sent to isolation. We removed the game from the hard drive. No other viruses found in any other program on the hard drive.

Go to: