ROBINSON CRUSOE

Re:ROBINSON CRUSOE

[Post New]by sooz5555 on Jan 24, 09 7:16 AM
Also....I only have 2 minutes left in trial. Any recommendations yet to buy? Sooz

[Post New]by sooz5555 on Jan 24, 09 7:21 AM
Found the answer, and my 2 minutes ran out. Looks like I have to buy it. It looks like fun. New to the forum and appreciative of the help and humor. Sooz

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Jan 24, 09 7:23 AM
Gill_Dudley wrote:
cherbtoo wrote: MagicIndie Softworks for providing us with a game that satisfys the Hare type gamers (Timed Mode) and the Tortoise type gamers (Relaxed Mode). I also like the fact that you can find an extra hint in each scene. Now if only I could get the match to ignite the dynamite so I could break the dog out of the jail I would be "leaping about ecstatically" just like a Salmon! LOL.

Put the match on the lantern and then go straight over to the dynamite

Tea93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Tea93 on Jan 24, 09 7:26 AM
Hi everyone!

how do you figure out the order of the captain's treasure in the captain's room?

thanks for your help!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 24, 09 7:29 AM
Hiya, I have done 3 chapters in the demo, does anyone know if there are only 6 chapters? if so that means this is a short game, in 2 minds whether to buy it or not.......

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Jan 24, 09 7:35 AM
Where is the match?

[Post New]by njurgens on Jan 24, 09 7:38 AM
Downloaded it and uninstalled it twice as it wouldn't play. Just a black screen. I was so looking forward to trying this game.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 24, 09 7:39 AM
Can I just say how much fun I'm having in this game. Okay. I just did.

I'm playing it in Relaxed mode and have been progressing through it without any troubles whatsoever. Before my hour ran out, I was in Crusoe's house/hut clicking chess pieces. Now I've purchased the game and will be swimming off here soon to continue the journey.

This game gets a from me.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 24, 09 7:46 AM
debbie6754, if you play around withe the cursor, it tells you when you have found the match, an eye appears and 'the match'

[Post New]by papab2000r on Jan 24, 09 7:47 AM
Won't run on my machine either. Tried twice and just get program not responding and yes it deducts minutes to.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 24, 09 7:48 AM
Brilliant, just bought it.....

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 7:51 AM
For anybody having problems getting it to run, contact customer support.

There are six stages to each chapter. The later chapters are taking me longer than the first one did, nearly an hour each, but then I'm not trying to rush. I don't know how many chapters there are in total and I'm not sure I will know when I finish because they aren't numbered, just named, and I haven't been keeping track.

Excellent game, well worth buying, even with a few stupid spot the differences scenes and minigames where you have to either have a great memory or write things down (or use the Skip option).

Tea93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Tea93 on Jan 24, 09 7:52 AM
I had trouble with the match too....

If I recall it was in the upper right area and yes a little bubble popped up to say "Match" the the fire of course is the lit lamp.....

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 24, 09 7:53 AM
Yes Lordkalvan please let us know how long is the game Then I will decide if I buy or not ....

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 7:56 AM
Somebody else posted that it was about 6 hours of gameplay. Of course it depends a lot on whether you are trying to work quickly, whether you read the story, whether you skip the minigames, whether you try to find all those hidden numbers/letters to give you extra hints, whether you use your hints instead of being stubborn and trying to find the items yourself, whether you get stuck and have to wait for either inspiration or a post saying how to solve something, etc.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 24, 09 8:15 AM
Buy it guys! I couldn't wait for opinions on length and I am a sucker for beautiful graphics and the sound of the sea. I completed the demo in timed mode. Skipped all the mini-games. I finished the game in timed mode too and had to replay a couple of levels. Good replay value, I reckon. And I am now looking forward to playing in relaxed mode and savouring the game. Definitely worth your credit! Enjoy!

[Post New]by christinesav on Jan 24, 09 8:17 AM
Brilliant game - sadly I am stuck - I am in the Treasure room on the boat and only have a "blue lettered" flute to find. I used a hint which showed me the locked chest at the bottom of the cupboard. I have searched for a key to no avail. Used the hint again and it still shows the chest - how do I unlock it please anyone ?????

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Jan 24, 09 8:19 AM
i am also getting a small black screen. i also tried uninstalling and redownloading it. nothing. keeps taking inutes off everytime i try it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 24, 09 8:21 AM
Tea93 wrote:Hi everyone!

how do you figure out the order of the captain's treasure in the captain's room?

thanks for your help!

You see in the bottom of each empty place a letter, together forming a word, and as a hint you are given a "Nose object" on the N place. You have to find the objects which begin with the same letter. The object has to push down the base - if it doesn't, it's not the right one.

If you have the "Fandango" word, the other N is the coconut ("nut").

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 8:44 AM
I just finished. It took me about 4 hours. Balancing me taking short breaks to catch up on forums, and getting stuck where I had to swing the skeleton was me having done the beta back in December and remembering how to do a lot of the first two chapters. I didn't skip any of the minigames, but I did lose patience and use hints sometimes, and I didn't try to find every single "find 10 and for each 5 you will get another hint" thing.

I'm going to start again, using timed mode this time, and will try to see how much of the clue list is identical in each scene, and whether the minigames randomize.

Go to: