Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 22, 12 5:10 AM
bfgRhone - ok, how many Dr Felix reports are needed before this "tile glitch" gets fixed already???

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Feb 22, 12 11:52 AM
Lilly214 wrote:bfgRhone - ok, how many Dr Felix reports are needed before this "tile glitch" gets fixed already???

Yes I would like to know as well...They have mine and I am sure lots of others. I really want to be able to play this game and am still in limbo waiting.

jean9865
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jean9865 on Feb 22, 12 1:13 PM
hoblmom wrote:Unable to cut the stain glass at the end no matter how many ways I try it. Is this going to be fixed? I'm almost finished the game.

I am having the same problem. It's driving me nuts. Did you figure this out or is it a technical issue?

I remember doing the trial and had no tech issues at that time. Giving this two days and if this is not resolved I am going to ask for a credit......

Update:
I uninstalled game, reinstalled and tried again. After many tries I finally got through this spot in the game.

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 2:07:55 PM PST

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 22, 12 2:27 PM
jean9865 how many times did you have to reload it?

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 23, 12 4:22 AM
We are all waiting for a fix I really do not want a different game I want this one fixed

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Feb 23, 12 12:18 PM
I get a completely black screen with a cursor on it. What's up with this??

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Feb 23, 12 12:32 PM
I just got as far as the Garden Gate when I got stuck. The stone base which should be in the hanging flowers is just not there. I just have the demo version but seeing all the other tech issues as well as not being able to get any further prevents me from buying this game. Too bad, because I liked what I saw so far.

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Feb 24, 12 9:46 AM
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

I'm having the exact same problem and it's maddening! It was difficult to get the first few patterns cut and I had to try several times to get it done. Now the last piece won't cut at all and I can't finish the game. This is the first technical problem I've ever had out of many, many games. Is anything ever done about these problems?

[Post New]by charmedhands1973 on Feb 24, 12 2:28 PM
since i bought this game i have downloaded it may times and still stuck in the same tile issue in the hall on the second chapter.......i have tried a few different proflies and still get stuck in the same spot..... it's been 4 days now is anyone going to fix this?????? i think i am owed a free game or something because i can't play this one.

greytgal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by greytgal on Feb 25, 12 10:15 AM
Krissy41 wrote:
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

Yes I'm having the same problem, they all went fine until I tried to cut the wing on the creature and it won't cut period. I keep tracing and tracing and tracing and I let go of the cutter and it pops back down into the inventory...Frustrating is not the word...grrrrrrrr!!

Fishies! I had the same problem and just by accident I clicked in the middle of the wing and BAM--there you go! I guess we were trying to make it too difficult; it seems that you just have to click on the piece to be cut instead of trying to cut around the outline.

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 10:15:56 AM PST

[Post New]by supercory on Feb 25, 12 6:18 PM
I cannot get the cabinet open with the oilcan . . .I keep getting the message to oil the hinges and not the cabinet . . . .each hinge has been oiled about 50 times. . .and now I see that I have the stain glass "wing" to look forward to as a glitch if I ever get the cabinet open . . .I was so enjoying this game . . .ugh!

UPDATE- PUT THE BODY OF THE OILCAN ON THE HINGES . .NOT THE TIP . .

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 6:52:34 PM PST

[Post New]by supercory on Feb 25, 12 6:53 PM
greytgal wrote:
Krissy41 wrote:

Yes I'm having the same problem, they all went fine until I tried to cut the wing on the creature and it won't cut period. I keep tracing and tracing and tracing and I let go of the cutter and it pops back down into the inventory...Frustrating is not the word...grrrrrrrr!!

Fishies! I had the same problem and just by accident I clicked in the middle of the wing and BAM--there you go! I guess we were trying to make it too difficult; it seems that you just have to click on the piece to be cut instead of trying to cut around the outline.

[Post New]by supercory on Feb 25, 12 6:55 PM
Thanks for this tip . . .I just laid the cutter. . .on the different pieces and wham . .they were cut . .same thing with the foil . . no tracing envolved . .

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Feb 25, 12 8:46 PM
i've downloaded the trial a few days ago but when I try to play it I get an error code "Access violation at 0xOBO384A8" (tried to read from 0x00000004) program terminated.
I really want to play this game but won't buy it if the trial won't even open . deleted game manager, reinstalled it & the game trial & still won't work. What has happened with BFG over the last 12mths, has it been sold?? something is going on because for years & years i've had no problems with games & now it seems like every 2nd one I buy or trial has glitches & support take days & days to get back to you. What ever has happened needs to be changed back or else it's going to cost you a LOT of loyal members
How many people need to complain about the same thing before you realise its not us or our computers its your games!!

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 26, 12 4:07 AM
I am wondering IF and WHEN these "glitches" will ever be fixed. Something is definitely wrong that so many of us are experiencing them. No one seems to care. I guess once money is made everything else goes down the tubes. I'm becoming more and more disgusted as time goes by.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 26, 12 4:51 AM
I will wait another couple of weeks for the glitches to be fixed then I will exchange the game for another if not fixed then quit Big Fish with all the problems in the games it takes the fun out of it and if it stops being fun why buy games?

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 26, 12 9:40 AM
I have noticed a few posts in Facebook by people that have purchased this game and are encountering the "glitches" also. The developer has been asked when and if this will be fixed, as of yet no answer.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 26, 12 9:40 AM
I have noticed a few posts in Facebook by people that have purchased this game and are encountering the "glitches" also. The developer has been asked when and if this will be fixed, as of yet no answer.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 26, 12 9:41 AM

[Post New]by airhead64 on Feb 26, 12 10:24 PM
I think every since big fish up graded there system to this new one there has been nothing but problems, waited forever for the new raven hurst and it was a bust , about every 4 games even CE has some sort of issue, very dissapointment in big fish right now , not new to bying games think i have about 235 or so. i hope they can get the issues fixed soon, or i wont be bying as many games , have a great day junnie brown

Go to: