Re:Welcome to Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet forum

[Post New]by peebaa on Mar 31, 10 7:46 AM
weaverwoman wrote:Can anyone help me with the deduction board? Is there some way to move past it even if you haven't figured out all the connections? I am stuck on the board. I have been to the opening scene, Gordon's room, the Garden, the Box, and Backstage. I've identified the actress and the director as suspects and have inspected the body and found all the clues. Now the game is asking me to make the correct matches among all the clues I've found. I've made 7 out of 8 but just cannot find the eigth and I'm unable to move forward. Any help would be appreciagted greatly. None of the walkthroughs I've found address the deduction board unfortunately.

[Post New]by peebaa on Mar 31, 10 7:49 AM
Hi - The deduction board is giving me grief too, can't progress past it, can't get out
of it - I have 30 of 31 links.
Has anyone knowledge of the deduction board links? Just need that one link to get to the next suspect.

[Post New]by 123rhea456 on Apr 3, 10 8:16 PM
weaverwoman wrote:Can anyone help me with the deduction board? Is there some way to move past it even if you haven't figured out all the connections? I am stuck on the board. I have been to the opening scene, Gordon's room, the Garden, the Box, and Backstage. I've identified the actress and the director as suspects and have inspected the body and found all the clues. Now the game is asking me to make the correct matches among all the clues I've found. I've made 7 out of 8 but just cannot find the eigth and I'm unable to move forward. Any help would be appreciagted greatly. None of the walkthroughs I've found address the deduction board unfortunately.

I'm there too - but either I don't know how the deduction board works because nothing seems to connect - or there is something I failed to get to the board. I think you would not be directed to the board if you still had clues to gather. at least you got 7 I only have 6 and ended up closing it. Any information about how this is supposed to work would be great. Seems crummy that you pay for a game and then you have to pay again to know how to play it.

[Post New]by Norene60 on May 27, 10 5:43 PM
I am on Level 6 - I did everything but can't find the scale? Can someone help me?

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on May 31, 10 7:20 AM
If your game is freezing where there is a magnifying glass you have to put the glass back on the left and click on the upper right corner to go back to the scene. I thought mine was freezing too.

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on May 31, 10 7:22 AM
I am also stuck on the deduction board with 19 of 20 found and cannot get out of it. I don' want to start over! help.

[Post New]by sandralwhite on Jul 8, 10 3:02 PM
i am stuck in deduction room i have 11 of 13 ???

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Aug 1, 10 6:27 PM
i love the deal of the day. i love sherlock holmes. i would have loved to have been able to play this but it froze up twice in the same place in the first few minutes of the game. to bad.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 3, 10 11:24 AM
I'm in the morning of day 2. I have "picked up" several pieces of paper...and the slate tablets. The pieces of paper do not show up in my inventory, and the tablets will not "assemble" when I click them together. I have PM-ed someone (That I found somewhere on this website--that I can't find anymore), but have not heared from her. (I think she works at the company where the game was made.) Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by memebillie on Aug 4, 10 10:33 PM
Seems like everyone is having trouble with the game freezing up, my version seems to work OK. The walkthrough I have tried to use tells me to go to Scotland Yard by using the Hat Icon in the upper left corner. I have no hat icon. I have a clock and the main menu bar.
I am stuck in the deduction room as I have no way to get to the files at Scotland Yard. Does anyone else have this problem??? If so how did you solve it.

[Post New]by harleydmom on Aug 26, 10 5:00 PM
I'm stuck on Level 5 on the thread and needle puzzle, I've been trying for 2 days to untangle the threads, does anyone have a clue how to do it.

[Post New]by himansu on Apr 25, 11 9:47 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 10:26:27 AM PST

[Post New]by PleasePleaseMe on May 28, 11 7:58 PM
Just wanted to put down for the record that I really enjoyed this game. It was really challenging and had an analytical feel about it that made me feel like I really was Sherlock Holmes! Only problems I had were with a couple puzzles, and then in the end when he gives his explanation it goes a little too fast with no pause button. One puzzle I had trouble with just didn't have the math equation written correctly, which I figured out after watching how it was automatically equating. It is written as _/1-_+_x_x_=82, but it should be written as (_/1-_)+(_x_x_)=82. And the trick for me was using a negative number via the first part of the equation. The other puzzle I had trouble solving was the pearl weighing one which I ended up skipping. After seeing a walkthru on it, turns out one of the pearls weighs differently than the other 8. I missed that. I played in the Adventure Mode so that I could skip around as I liked, and I really liked the Deduction Board, a cool method for linking up clues!I also liked the music and appreciated that it was correct to the time period.

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Jun 12, 11 6:59 PM
The trial version not only froze on me while reading the suspect reports, it jumped ahead to another board when I was trying to get to the menu to quit. Then, at that board (it looked like an attic with the rolled up carpet), it was so bad that it wouldn't let my Mac restart. I couldn't get out of it no matter what I tried, including the escape button. When I hit the F3/Dashboard key, it let me see the Game Manager. I thought the problem could be solved. I trashed the game - which was still running in the background - but my icon tray disappeared and every move I made would make the game come back again - still frozen in place. I quit Game Manager at least half a dozen times and moved the game into trash the same amount. Each time, Game Manager would block my restart and the game would pop back up. Force Quit FINALLY worked and I was able to restart my Mac. I don't know what happened but I won't be installing this game ever again.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jul 17, 11 11:26 PM
I really loved this game, it was a great challenge, which I would never have managed without the help of the MaGtRo Walkthrough. Which I found at the website below for anyone who is interested.

(http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/SHPersianCarpet.htm)

I had just finished the game and I played all over again, I enjoyed it so much, but this time without the Walkthrough.

A great game and a great challenge.

I also have Hound of the Baskervilles C/E, which I also enjoyed very much, it was more like the H0G games I usually play, and is also developed by Frogwares, the difference between the two games is remarkable, but both extremely enjoyable.

Think I might try all the Sherlock Holmes games at BFG now.

jojo

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 23, 11 3:32 PM
I got to the first search scene and my screen froze. I had to click ctrl alt delete to get out of it. It looked like it might be an okay game but am not going to fight with it so deleting.

[Post New]by micsmith7 on Oct 5, 11 11:47 AM
need help to see what is wrong in painting

[Post New]by localeni on Oct 13, 11 6:24 AM
hi, can enyone tell the solution to that ridle where i have to blacken the squares?
thank you for your time!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 18, 11 7:24 AM
Game freezes during demo.....tried several times having to end with the task master. Trashed game.

Katey1234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Katey1234 on Oct 23, 11 6:00 PM
JUST TELL ME HOW TO GET OUT OF THE GARDEN.

Go to: