All My Gods

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:All My Gods

[Post New]by krasniikot on Feb 28, 12 3:39 AM
Well, I am happy for this game. Finally something to play on BFG (to my tastes) so I bought it, of course, and did enjoy it.

I didn't want to review it until I'd finished it, which I just now did. Here are some the things I found incredibly frustrating:

I was nearly always out of cabbage and fish in the beginning, while I had tons of wheat. When the merchants wanted wheat, I suddenly had none. The last part of the game I was just "Hand of God"ing repeatedly for wheat, stone or bread. A bit boring.

Mars and Hera! Ugh, that was awful. It was so dull. Put out fires, repair buildings. Two minutes later--put out fires, repair buildings. And repeat. That was so not fun.

The goals sometimes seemed out of order. Some god or other would be waiting an eternity for me to get to a certain level, while most I'd accomplished before they asked me to. It was uneven, in my opinion (but maybe I was just playing it willy-nilly).

The good things: I loved the graphics. Most of it was fun. I really liked that the tutorial didn't spoon feed me and a lot of the game play I just had to discover by trial and error. I would play it again but for Hera and Mars. Yeah, don't want to do that again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 12 4:52 AM
Thanks very much for your review, krasniikot. I will have all of this to look forward to when I buy the game on Thursday (have a completely empty punch card so don't want to use it until the new month starts).

[Post New]by shonac52 on Feb 28, 12 10:48 AM
Please please can anyone tell me how to get enough stone to build the uni. I have both quarries and stuck

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 28, 12 11:15 AM
krasniikot wrote: Some god or other would be waiting an eternity for me to get to a certain level,

I just had to quote this out of context because reading it out of context made me smile - because at least the gods should be the best placed to wait an eternity for something .

Back to the point that was actually being made - I've only played the demo so far (I'm another one waiting for a new month *sigh*) and I also waited longer to do some quests than others.

I felt that was part of the strategy because there was one quest that was using all my mana trying to meet and not quite getting there because the resource was also being used up in building. In the end I got on with other quests and the rewards and by-products of some of those made that quest much easier.

Shonac - welcome to the forum .
I haven't got that far so I can't answer your question but I didn't want to ignore your first post .

[Post New]by shonac52 on Feb 28, 12 11:42 AM
Thanks Daisy May but have managed to work it out. Good luck with your game and thanks for the post

[Post New]by keithsmommy on Feb 28, 12 12:46 PM
Can anyone help me with this? I have got the the point where you are supposed to explore the tomb of the ancient god in the swamp area. I cant find the tomb and I can clear the the next oblisk with out the magic lamp and cant seem to find that either. I have only finding and explorin the tomb as my only goal and cant find it. help please.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 28, 12 2:00 PM
@keithsmommy, the tomb is in the middle of the largest swamp. You have to reclaim the swamp (build on it tile by tile), then you can put buildings on that reclaimed land, and you'll also be able to reach the tomb.

[Post New]by lcb_florida on Feb 29, 12 11:20 AM
I am having a great time playing [yes, I bought it].

I have run into a problem tho and need some help. I am trying to build a university but cannot increase my stones [or planks] I have both stone pits upgraded x3 [and 3 sawmills upgraded x3] and still cannot increase my max]. Any help would be appreciated!

----

Nevermind... I figured it out. What else are barns for???? STORAGE!

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 11:42:33 AM PST

JeanannK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JeanannK on Feb 29, 12 7:33 PM
cherbtoo wrote:
1010elisa wrote:How do you get more mana. i cant do anything!

SPOILER ALERT ... highlight to read

You need to build shrines and later temples to help accumulate mana faster, build them by the lava mountain after you have earned the Ring and activated the first Obelisk.

When you have full mana use the Hand of God to dive into the gold mine and extract some gold or get you some much needed logs.

As for creating too many science points, you just need to spend them . As part of my strategy I actually researched some things before they were asked for and I made some of the people/gods wait for what they wanted, eg they asked for roads and I got wells and lumber mills first as I thought they were more important.

In the bottom left hand corner you have 3 symbols in a circle ... click on the book to open the research area and then click on the word Study underneath what you want to research next ... NB ... if you need more science points for a particular thing than the game will let you accumulate you just need to build more schools (I currently have 4 upgraded to level 2).

If you have too many goods and are wasting stuff click on the vase & purse symbol (bottom left hand corner) to open the market area and then sell a couple of things, each click sells 10 of an item.

The game is all about balance ... you see something that is at full capacity so you use some, you see a lack so you try and fulfil it ... you are the juggler

I hope the above has helped you, if not shout again and I will try to do better.

Cherb

ETA ...

I have just built a bank so that should help with the finances

JeanannK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JeanannK on Feb 29, 12 7:40 PM
I'm in real trouble - didn't know how to post. Lucky you people who think this game is so easy. I am desperate to find gold. Need 300 - only have 10!

I was hoping to peek at a walk through.

Nique
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Nique on Feb 29, 12 9:14 PM
Help please my people keep going on strike and then they stop working all together I've had to desroy my lumber mill and redo it is there anyway around this

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 29, 12 11:39 PM
@JeanannK, at first, your only gold comes from the gold mine Mercury gives you. You have to use the Hand of God to obtain it. I think it costs you 20 mana and gives you 10 gold each time. A little into the game, Mercury will tell you to build a market. As you get more room, you can build more markets, and later there will be something else that will give you even more money. All of these will produce gold for you each day and you won't need to rely so much on the gold mine.

@Nique, your people go on strike because there aren't enough resources. Make sure you have plenty of food to take care of them all - almost every building requires food, and the higher you upgrade them, the more food they require. Make sure you have enough food producing buildings, and that they're fully upgraded.

[Post New]by sapphire273 on Mar 3, 12 10:02 AM
I've finally bought the game but after about ten minutes of playing everything works but none of the men are running round its almost like they're stuck. Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

I've finally bought the game but after about ten minutes of playing everything works but none of the men are running round its almost like they're stuck. Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

[Post New]by mctybjerg2 on Mar 3, 12 4:37 PM
shonac52 wrote:Thanks Daisy May but have managed to work it out. Good luck with your game and thanks for the post

How did you manage to get the extra stone for the uni ?

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 4:38:15 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Mar 3, 12 11:43 PM
You need to build barns. They will allow you to collect more resources (including stones)

[Post New]by readysetgo94 on Mar 4, 12 9:35 AM
how do i get the magic lamp or necklace of pharohs so that mars will get off my **** about the obelisk?

[Post New]by Jarjar on Mar 5, 12 2:30 PM
hello, I have problems with Hera and her son attacking me every 2 min, they demand 5000 gold and I can not keep up with their everlasting demands.. How can I stop them, it's really annoying me!! they asked me like 10 times already.. what can I do, please help!

Go to: