Reviews for All My Gods

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re:Reviews for All My Gods SPOILER ALERT

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Mar 9, 12 12:38 PM
I just the freedom of moving the buildings and things where you want to (like Paradise Beach but without the bugs) and reminiscent of my all time favourite games from the 1990's - Sierra "empire" series. I always find the built it games to date available from BigFish so restrictive and slightly boring for me because things have to go here or there and no decorating freedom either.

This game ticks all the boxes for me (more of a challenge would have been nice - but as a first effort this is exactly what I am looking for). Some things were a bit repetitive towards the end (the trade stuff).

The only thing lacking was being able to add/move things by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen to place it in an off-scene location. You really had to have the place you wanted it displayed before going in and selecting it. This was the only annoying things for me.

I did think there was a bug at the start when the challenge to mend all the buildings wouldn't go away, and I thought I had mended them all - no more "repair this building logos". But it seemed that when the Magistrate building was damaged it didn't have one of those things above it.

Best build it game I've played in 12 months!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 13, 12 2:33 PM
I liked it enough to spend an extra credit on it.

Agree with all the positive remarks concerning tasks, deadlines, layout and basic play. Agree it would have been nice to play as a girl-god, but won't complain too much seeing as all those HOGs and PHOGs (that's what I call the HOGs that also have puzzle-plots) make you play as a girl

Getting ALL the awards (and therefore, the best possible score) is a challenge I like, especially when the way to do it makes sense in the context of the game plot: almost all the awards in this game make sense, but the one that does not takes forever to get and is boring and useless. Still, the others are fun - especially keeping the production from going negative to get the 3-hours-strike-free award.

If you like the Castaway, VV, and other low-key games, this one is a must.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 21, 12 8:16 AM
I had the same problem as you w/ the Magistrates' building, SpookyPigDog, except I got it fairly late in the game. It seemed to me that instead of being marked w/ the must-repair icon, the whole building simply disappeared, leaving the fossil bones (that I'd never gotten around to) displayed behind where I'd placed it, and when I finally reached for them I got the to-repair banner. But I could be wrong.

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 8:17:21 AM PST

[Post New]by zsenikem on Mar 24, 12 3:19 AM
Did I miss an instruction or something? It won't let me build the theater. It says I need 200 planks and that I only have 170. I've built additional lumber mills but can't seem to get it to increase the amount. Any suggestions? Oh, I've also built several more taverns as well. I'm stuck.Pls help..

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 24, 12 11:15 AM
You MAY need to build or upgrade another Barn to increase your storage capacity to 200.

Or you may just need to wait, depending.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 24, 12 11:19 AM
As for the Magistrates' Hall disappearing when it needs repair: Yes, it indeed becomes an empty tiled floor, w/o any marker, until you click on it.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Mar 29, 12 5:54 PM
This is the first TM I played. I saw how popular it was and I wanted to try it. I bought if after the hour trial.

I like how there is no time limit. The story was nice and light and I liked the graphics.

My only problem is I would have liked to be able to use more land for place things.(You could only use the volcano land for temples)

I enjoyed this game none of the less, it's great for all ages to play.

[Post New]by tinarick on Apr 6, 12 5:50 PM
This game was fun, but too short! I completed the map in one night. I replayed it twice and now it is boring. There needs to be other maps or better yet a sandbox mode with random maps.

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on May 10, 12 11:01 AM
I loved being a God and speeding up the building work, then being worshipped.
Good fun game

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Nov 27, 12 6:03 PM
I rate this game a 5 in all categories,strategy,graphics,the satisfaction of being able to place building where you want etc. It is a slower pace but since I have arthritis in my hands that is not a problem for me. Also civilization developed at a slower rate as well.I am on my second time around. It develops so smoothly and pleasantly that it is hard to stop.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Mar 6, 13 11:57 AM
This is a fantastic game. I have just played it for the third time and it is different each time. The graphics are great and the strategy is good. I have arthritis in my hands but that is not a problem with this game.It is always on casual.I just wish that I could get a picture of the final product.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Apr 7, 13 10:15 AM

from me for this game!
Missing only one thing: a zoom out-function so that you can see the whole area in one glance - what a pity developers did not spend some time on this

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 5, 13 1:25 PM
I generally like this developer's games, but this one is so different. You basically stay on the same area through the entire game while you build it up using a lot of different pathways such as studying certain skills, etc. I am finding it gets more complicated as you go along and there isn't a great deal of instruction. More is required of you and it gets overwhelming to the point it is not even fun anymore. Not really sure why I can't produce anymore supplies and all those little striking workers...I find items unable to complete just for "some reason". Disappointed in this one which I think had good possibilites. Not sure at the time whether I will try to continue battling the game or not.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 2, 14 9:01 PM
started out fun but everyone is always on strike, food keeps disappearing, never enough gold, not fun any more!

Go to: