rhelms49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rhelms49 on Mar 4, 12 9:18 AM
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS IN THE MAIL ROOM GETTING THE MAIL.IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN WHEN I CLICK ON THE TUBES.I WANT A REFUND.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 4, 12 1:11 PM
Just an update on the missing coins problem. When I re-entered the game (after having a break for a while), the coins were all there in my inventory! Very confusing, lol (but at least I was able to continue the game)

I have finished the game now, and enjoyed it very much. Next time I might try the harder version (I usually play casual - it is more relaxing - usually, lol).

Jen

upstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by upstream on Mar 4, 12 5:47 PM
Every time I try to access the strategy guide the game freezes and gives me a violation error. I have checked and my version of DirectX is up to date. This is the second tech problem I've had today - first Surface stopped working on the riddle puzzle - which I posted in the forum for that game - and now this! Hope these get solved soon.

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Mar 4, 12 11:09 PM
upstream wrote:Every time I try to access the strategy guide the game freezes and gives me a violation error. I have checked and my version of DirectX is up to date. This is the second tech problem I've had today - first Surface stopped working on the riddle puzzle - which I posted in the forum for that game - and now this! Hope these get solved soon.

Having the same exact issue here. Guess I won't be using that, huh. I'm getting really tired of all of these issues that have been coming from BFG games. I've already had to be refunded for a previous CE game because it wouldn't work and I never got to finish, though I installed it on three different computers. I'm really considering cancelling my subscription.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Mar 5, 12 4:33 PM
I was having the same problem and here is what I did: First, delete profiles, uninstall, but before you reinstall, empty your recycle bin. Then reinstall, and see if this works for you. I know it's a pain to start over, but it worked for me.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 6, 12 3:59 AM
Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing crashes, freezes or Access Violation errors, the steps in the below help article may be of help to you:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you can no longer access certain items in your inventory, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Topaz1968
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Topaz1968 on Mar 6, 12 4:34 PM
kristidumplin wrote:The game downloaded well, but when downhill from there. The cursor is very "floaty", for lack of a better word. I had to handle it very carefully, as it tended to float over the place I wanted it to go. About 10 minutes into the demo, the game developed a serious lag. I am not talking about a second or two after clicking on something - the lag lasted as long as 40 seconds, and all I wanted to do was use an item from inventory. I clicked on the inventory item, waited almost 20 seconds for the item to appear, clicked on the place to use the item and waited 40 seconds for the item to function, then another 17 seconds to pick up the item that I was supposed to get.

It's a shame - the other two Mystery Tracker games I have work flawlessly and I was so pleased to see this one today, but I won't be buying it with these glitches.

Same kind of problems for me. I will have to pass on this for now and will even uninstall as I am worried about damage to my computer.

lckp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by lckp on Mar 6, 12 5:50 PM
At first I had problem with the cursor, slow floating like many I've read. I quit the game and rebooted my computer and boom! all was well

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Mar 7, 12 9:15 AM
Well, I'm about ready to throw in the towel. This game is crashing my video driver. It did it several times in the main game causing to me to have POWER off my PC, boot into safe mode and then restart to reset the video. I finally made it through and now the bonus section is doing the same but this time I can't get past the problem scene. I've sent CS an email with the Dr Felix report.
Just for the record - I have Vista Ultimate, 4MB, Quad core CPU and an Nvidia Ge Force 8600 GT and I updated the video driver to latest version

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 9, 12 5:30 AM
Having the same problem with the cursor, thought there was something wrong with my computer, no buy for me

[Post New]by hskrgrl on Mar 9, 12 11:05 PM
I started playing the extra game last night, then came back today and I can no longer access the extra game - it tells me I have to finish the main game.

Of course, I have finished the main game, that's why I got to start the extra game yesterday, right. All of my achievements are still there in the gallery and my 49 (yes, 49 - wth?) owls are hanging out in the owl hide, but it still thinks I haven't finished the main game.

So I click on "continue" to see if I have to go back to the main game and I get a black screen of death with "the finger". Ok - not THE finger, but the hand with the pointy index finger.

I played the main game on "hardcore" and used no hints - do I seriously need to go back and do it again to get the bonus game back? (Did I mention "hardcore"?)

Vleis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Vleis on Mar 10, 12 5:53 AM
Hi, can anyone help me? Upon entering the game the main menu there is no text to read so I do not know where to click because all the option boxes are blank.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Mar 10, 12 2:48 PM
have the same problem as another fishie here
finished the main game and started the bonus game...played for about five minutes..went to bed..
next morning tried to play bonus game and i couldnt because it said i had to finish the main game....this is just ridiculous and time wasting..paid for a CE after much thought and now cant play the damn bonus game
will not do a dr felix as i obviously have no trouble playing the main game
not happy at all
will start again with a new profile as it is a great game..but if this happens a second time will ask for a refund

[Post New]by hammerX on Mar 12, 12 12:33 PM
Was well into the game and it crashed. When I rebooted my machine it stated I had corrupted files and thus had to begin at the beginning. There seems to have been problems plaguing this game from the onset. Had to install, reinstall and reinstall again. Finally, I used a different machine. Hands down on this one...though it was fun while it lasted.

sewsavy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sewsavy1 on Mar 13, 12 12:07 PM
I had the same problem with a "floaty" cursor so I disabled the custom cursor in the Options. That solved that problem but I'm still having a problem with a VERY slow scene change. It's like it's in slooowww motion. I've done the Tech crashing thing and I don't have any issues with my computer.

The strange thing was...the demo worked beautifully, so I bought the game. After I installed after buying it, it didn't work right

I'm very disappointed that this game doesn't work right and I'm disappointed in Big Fish for not correcting these issues. I have the same problem with another game I just bought. Never received an answer from Tech support on my email for these issues. I will be cancelling my membership if this continues and our complaints are ignored.

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Mar 25, 12 11:41 PM
Completed HOS in secret room then went to st guide and got "violation error" and had to shut down. really Pi**ing me off. My computer is updated and and I continue to have problems with BFG. No problems on other sites. Wuz up?

[Post New]by DejaShoe on Apr 2, 12 6:35 PM
Okay, I have installed and uninstalled this game 4 times in default mode and alternate mode. All 4 times it's taken over 30 minutes to install.Can not play one single second of this game. I mean I can't even enter my name as a player.

What is the best way to get an exchange? I'm not really looking for a refund since I used two game credits to purchase this CE, just want another CE. Any advice?

Thanks

mamagrande
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mamagrande on Apr 4, 12 9:30 PM
Am having a problem in the scene with the sailboat and the guy yelling from across the water. Every time I click on the compartment in the boat I get an access error code and the game shuts off.

[Post New]by bankco on Apr 8, 12 5:15 PM
dmhetman wrote:Extremely slow & jumpy cursor...even disabled custom cursor..still very slow & sluggish..got quite annoying...too bad so far i liked the game...no buy for me...

[Post New]by bankco on Apr 8, 12 5:17 PM
lckp wrote:At first I had problem with the cursor, slow floating like many I've read. I quit the game and rebooted my computer and boom! all was well

Go to: