Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by heavenleigh_02 on Apr 4, 12 4:51 PM
Where is the data disk for the computer in the library? I read through the walk-thru but all it says is insert the data disk. There is one beside the PC but I can't pick it up or insert it...the hints in this game are not very good...this has to be the worst game I've purchased. Very frustrated trying to navigate, can't open the grate, can't find any tools to do anything that actually is activated. Help!
Thanks

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Apr 5, 12 10:22 PM
I am at the very end of the game and I don't know where the last lens is! Help! (My map keeps leading me back to the mannequin in the bedroom closet, but nothing happens when I click on her bodice as the hint circle indicates...I think some boy-gamers are having some fun with that! But I still need the lens!n Thanks for any help...

[Post New]by AbbyNormalOne on Apr 12, 12 2:09 PM
After placing the drumsticks and violin in the conservatory, there should be a HOS wherein one gets one of the organ keys.

However, there is no HOS for me, and thus I cannot get that organ key, and cannot continue the game.

Very distressing.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 14, 12 3:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you looking for game hints and tips, please create a new thread in this game Forum in an effort to reserve this thread for game technical issues only.

I can also recommend taking a look at the free Blog Walkthrough, which you can find posted on the top of this game's Forum.

For those of you having issues getting out of the dungeon, if uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not help; creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They can also process any refunds if needed.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 3:23:34 AM PST

[Post New]by pjkennedy on Apr 17, 12 8:21 PM
southerndrawl66 wrote:I am having the same problem in the dungeon. I'm supposed to be able to pick up the marble in the middle of the floor but it won't let me. I picked up the piece of paper and now it won't let me click on or do anything else. If I use the hint button it says "there is nothing left to do here".
Lame.
Is there any way to fix this yet?

I am also having this problem....this is the 3rd game this week that has frozen me out of finishing the game...this is getting very old!!! Let's get these games running the way that they should!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by marikemouw on Apr 24, 12 6:38 AM
gheudi wrote:I am currently in Chapter 5 and in the dungeon. When I reached this point, I stopped playing. Today, I went back to the game, but there is nothing to do there. I read the walkthrough and apparently what should happen is a HO scene, but nothing shows - even the hint button says there's nothing to do. If I remove then reinstall the game will I lose my progress?

I have the same problem. i already uninstalled the game but still nothing happend..
hellllpp i want to finish the game.

[Post New]by tavatat on Apr 28, 12 9:31 AM
beckyblw wrote:I am stuck trying to get the drawer handle. I was not given the chance for the puzzle at the crib. I've done all of the work at the crib and it won't reopen.

I'm having the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times but nothing. Has anyone given you an answer to your question?

[Post New]by The_Darkside_80 on May 6, 12 5:25 AM
I can't seem to get the fullscreen option working. It is very frustrating when you want to click out of a zoomed in window and the mouse cursor and the game cursor don't match up.

[Post New]by lchrich on May 9, 12 1:35 PM
spenny1 wrote:I'm having the dungeon issue as well, cannot do anything at all. I was only saying to someone last night that the Curse of the Opera game had a glitch which meant you couldn't continue, and I hoped this game didn't. Don't think I'll be buying any more Nightfall Mysteries games, as this is obviously a common problem. Tried uninstalling the Opera game and re-playing, but hit the same glitch so don't know if I can be bothered with this one. Really rather annoyed.

[Post New]by lchrich on May 9, 12 1:39 PM
pjkennedy wrote:
southerndrawl66 wrote:I am having the same problem in the dungeon. I'm supposed to be able to pick up the marble in the middle of the floor but it won't let me. I picked up the piece of paper and now it won't let me click on or do anything else. If I use the hint button it says "there is nothing left to do here".
Lame.
Is there any way to fix this yet?

I am also having this problem....this is the 3rd game this week that has frozen me out of finishing the game...this is getting very old!!! Let's get these games running the way that they should!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds as if I am not the only one with a problem with this game. I'm also stuck in the dungeon and can't get out, very, very frustrating. Just hate it when you can't finish a game!!!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 9, 12 3:23 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you’re getting stuck in the dungeon in this game, this is an issue that our team is currently looking into. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game isn't doing the trick, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track the issue and a rep will be able to help you with your purchase as well.

If your game is freezing then one thing that can help are the steps at this help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the full screen option on your game isn't doing the trick, then I've found that the steps in this help article can help:

Screen Resolution

However if you try these and your game is still giving you trouble then I would definitely get in contact with Customer Support as well:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by BrennaM on May 16, 12 3:19 PM
I'm playing on difficult level so I can't skip puzzles and I'm playing the radio tower puzzle. I've layed out the puzzle exactly like the blueprints but the left hand side of the puzzle won't light up green.

[Post New]by pampanito on May 21, 12 1:26 PM
My fiancée and I are having the same issue as BrennaM. We are in the Radio Tower playing the Circuit Board Puzzle. We are able to rotate all the tiles needed to turn the trace lines green for the LEDs on the right side and the top. The trace lines for the left LED will not turn green - no matter how you rotate the tiles. We each have separate computers with separate copies of the game. I have an Intel iMac. She has an Intel MacBook Pro. I am wondering if a goof up occurred when the game was ported to Mac OS X. John Martin

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on May 30, 12 3:33 PM
I am having same problem in the dungeon. Picked up the paper but nothing else. Can't leave either. Tried all suggestions with no help.

plh1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by plh1 on Jun 28, 12 1:41 PM
[

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 1:43:59 PM PST

plh1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by plh1 on Jun 28, 12 1:43 PM
tavatat wrote:
beckyblw wrote:I am stuck trying to get the drawer handle. I was not given the chance for the puzzle at the crib. I've done all of the work at the crib and it won't reopen.

I'm having the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times but nothing. Has anyone given you an answer to your question?

i too am having same problem. anyone know how to fix this problem? tx.

[Post New]by CaymanTurtle on Aug 8, 12 7:51 AM
I downloaded the trial and played for 38 minutes without incident. I had to leave so I shut down the game. When I came back to play the last 22 minutes, the game will not open at all. I click on "Play" in game manager but the game will not open. I've clicked the game icon on my desktop and it won't open that way either. Any suggestions other than uninstalling and reinstalling?

[Post New]by Plinkoplinko on Nov 9, 12 2:18 PM
I'm having the same issue. I have all the pieces but I cannot do anything. Help.

bccorey50 wrote:
nursefree_spirit wrote:Am having trouble at the family tree part have all the portraits and it won't let me place them correctly; it just keeps telling me one is still missing. Anyone with any suggestions. i have 9 portraits on the tree.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Dec 3, 12 7:57 PM
So after reading all these posts about the dungeon issue I have sent off a Dr. Felix report to Big Fish attached correctly to the e-mail and the note I got back had a link to the walkthrough!!! WHAT???? I really didn't expect that. Right now I am not really happy. Big Fish has always been a little more on top of things. I know where the walkthrough is. I know that the game is not responding well. Second time in one month that I have sent in a DR. Felix. But seriously what almost made me fall off my chair is the response to go to the walkthrough...............ARRRGGGHHH

[Post New]by sewnserge on Dec 17, 12 1:14 PM
Hi - I have been playing this game for awhile now. I played, signed in as different people, 2 different games, and in both games I missed an item in a HOS, and cannot return to the HOS to retrieve the item I missed. First time I missed the book in the theater with the musicians, then in replay, I missed the drawer handle in the nursery. I cannot go back to the HOS, and can't get the items, so I can't move ahead in the game. Is there a solution? Or do I just have to keep replaying as a different name, and try not to miss anything?

Go to: