Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Reviews for Between the Worlds II: The Pyramid

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 4, 12 11:23 AM
This game is HORRIBLE....the hint button doesn't really give you direction. No walkthrough. I give up.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 4, 12 12:12 PM
WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!
Lovely game. So imaginative. the graphics are simply the most crisp and clear I have come across in a while.
You do need patience to play this game. It is unique.
When I saw the title I remembered playing the first Between the Worlds game and remembered how much I loved it as well. Also, remembering it was not for everyone.
Thanks so much to Big Fish and the developers of this game for bringing forth something different and focused. Great job!!
10/10

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Mar 4, 12 1:32 PM
Bailey868 wrote:
machamc wrote:I don't comment often but just couldn't stay quiet. I read most of the reviews and agree that one must have a lot of patience to complete the game. I enjoyed not having a walkthru and having to figure out the puzzles myself and was quite pleased when I managed it. I thought it was a very good game once you got past the frustrations in the beginning BUT:

**SPOILER ALERT**

I was extremely disappointed in the ending. When you reach the lengthy scroll that tells you that you are going to have to repair the box and restart the heart of the magical world, as soon as you have read it and clicked on it, the game is over. I had managed to solve all the puzzles with just a bit of help from the guy detective and was excited about continuing on and all of a sudden, the credits began. I was left feeling very frustrated that I couldn't continue on. I bought the first in this series in April of 2009 and can't remember a thing about it; I dearly hope we don't have to wait another 4 years for the sequel, as I may not be around to play and probably won't even rember it as I just turned 71 a week ago and have no idea what the future holds.

I agree that the ending was poor. This game was VERY short...in my opinion, not worth using a credit. I'd wait until this is offered as a $2.99 special, and even then it's really short. Too bad because it had the potential for being an interesting game: not too easily mastered and nice graphics in the HOG department.

THANK YOU....I thought I had something wrong with the game...the ending was terrible. Like you, I was looking forward to continuing when the credits appeared. Not worth the credit I paid for it with!!!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 4, 12 1:55 PM
Definitely not an easy game. Almost zero directions, what to do in this game. For me its a no buy

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 12 2:24 PM
Very seldom do I eat crow, the feathers tend to be annoying, but here it is....this game is actually a GEM. VERY hard to slog through at first, but then once you discover a certain item, and actually get to the first REAL HOG scene....you are bored to tears, then all of a sudden when you get to these magical and gorgeous scenes, does everything suddenly get better. Is this game for everyone? NO. YOU have to try it out yourself and hopefully get to those lovely little scenes before the game demo times out, it timed out just into the second HOG scene and now I am hooked and willling to buy this game when I can.
Trust me, just like Beauty and the Beast you gotta get beyond appearances and find the magic within, it's worth it. The music once you get to these lovely and definaltey different scenes is magical and whimsical. If you have a love of hidden treasures in your games, this is it....try, try, try it!

After a bunch of fish slogged farther than I did, i decided to try once more and was glad i did....thank you all determined sloggers!!! I love this game now, and can't wait to finish it!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 4, 12 2:35 PM
I just finished the game, and yes, it is short. It took me a good 2 hours to play, but you know what? I enjoyed every minute of it - something I can't say for a lot of other games that go on and on, and where I wish they would just finish.

This is a very clever and wonderfully done game. Lots of imagination went into making this game, and I can't wait for the next instalment. I loved doing the pyramid part - what a fun way to do hidden object scenes.

Really enjoyed this game, and I will definitely replay it sometimes soon - also something I can't say for most games.

Thank you, Puppet Life, for making this game, and thank you, BigFish, for bringing it to us.

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Mar 4, 12 3:12 PM
I really liked this game, bit it was really short...

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 4, 12 3:30 PM
I hate not knowing how many of something I need to find. The Hint system is poor. it tells me what I already know and not what i need to know. For example I have done two find X number of items puzzles but without a clue as to how many items I need. I often do poorly with these when i know how many I am looking for. A real Hint: Keep looking. When you find the last one you will know.

I have no clue at all how to solve the safe puzzle. I have the symbols but I can't figure out how I am supposed to match them on the dials and my "assistant" is no help. She's fired!

Some of you have said it is worth it to get beyond this beginning part and it may be. I DL'd the Demo because of the beautiful HOS shown on the DL page. I am not getting to them though. I have seen no Skip option and, frankly, even with the promise of good things ahead, I do not want to solve this safe puzzle. I am afraid that I am done.

Puzzle solvers will love this perhaps. A lot is left to your imagination. That is a good thing actually but I am too old and blind and tired to struggle through this.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 3:32:40 PM PST

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 12 3:37 PM
For those of you talking about the poor hint system , you do know there are two hint sytems? The yellow cylinder is a refilling hint system and the assistant, the assitant is mostly worthless although occasionally it did help. the yellow cylinder will act as a normal hint and point out whatever you want.

ozmom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ozmom on Mar 5, 12 12:20 AM
At first this game was a bit confusing, but once you get the idea, it is wonderfully challenging and unique gameplay. So I bought it. Everything was terrific until it ended -- total time was less than 2 hours. Once you're done solving the 5 sides of the pyrimid -- game over. Wish I would have known the length before buying.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Mar 5, 12 3:54 AM
I love the graphics and it's certainly a game that makes you think. What makes it so frustrating to me is the length of time it takes to figure out what to do next. I've read it's a short game and the ending is somewhat abrupt. Without a Walkthrough, It's not worth buying even as a DD.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 5, 12 8:53 AM

ITA with Cherb. Clunky cursor, and the click penalty is a pain in the patoot when you are looking for one particular thing out of several that fit the description.

cherbtoo wrote:Well I lasted 14 minutes before I ran out of patience because every couple of clicks I incurred a penalty whereby the screen turned purple and the cursor froze so most of that time was spent on the naughty step .

What is the point of an adventure type game when you are told to look around and keep getting penalised when you click on objects ... you were looking for a book and all I did was to click on the individual books lying on the desk <sigh>. Then I was looking for something to reveal invisible writing and got penalised again so I have had it with this game.

While I am complaining I would also like to say that I found the custom cursor far too big and the constant turning of the gears distracting.

To those people with more patience than I, enjoy.

Cherb

[Post New]by meandd on Mar 5, 12 10:02 PM

Edited on 03/06/2012 at 2:59:44 AM PST

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Mar 5, 12 11:45 PM
An unusual and beautiful game once one gets past the library. I am glad I stuck it out. It was well worth it though much too short.

[Post New]by 090961 on Mar 6, 12 1:20 AM
do not think much of this game at all. i really wish i had done the demo first, as i would not of bought it. dissappointed big fish.

TigerJack
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJack on Mar 6, 12 6:17 AM
I used one of my game credits to buy this game and I really feel like I lost my credit. I cannot get past the panel in the Library. I found 10 sockets but I'm still missing one. I have searched and searched for the one I'm missing but either cannot see it or whatever. If it is too small to find, why don't they have a magnifier to help in searches? I am on the 'easy' version and cannot use a hint. The hint button just does not work - it just makse a noise when I click on it. And, I cannot find a walkthrough for this game either. It is very worthless, in my opinion.

[Post New]by bobly36 on Mar 7, 12 7:10 AM
Sorry this is not my cup of tea, what's the point of having this stupid game without a walkthrough. Most games I use a stratagy guide but to have something inane as this I will have to concede defeat unless a walkthrough is provided like for those who finished it some kind person should explain in detail what to do

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 8, 12 4:48 AM
Overall, I was very disappointed in this game. The game itself is all right, but puzzle directions are sorely lacking, so you waste a lot of time figuring out what to do - even in the hidden object scenes. The part that ticked me off is that it cuts off unexpectly in such a way that it is clear that they took a "whole" game and broke it into at least two parts to make more money.

You solve one objective (find an artifact, open it and solve its puzzles), then a dialog pops up that says congratulations, explains the situation that lead to the "problem" and tells you what you must do to make everything right again - and then the credits start rolling!!!

NOT cool.

ETA if you already bought it and are having problems, just check the other threads in this forums. I got stuck a couple of times, and found the answers I was looking for. Highlight for one Spoiler: You only need to use 4 of the sockets. The top left one does not have a match, so you need to use the crowbar to finish the job. In fact, if you use three of the sockts then click on your advisor, he will tell you that is what you need to do. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, start a new thread - just make sure your subject line is specific, like "need help finding sockets" and not just "Help," "Stuck," or the name of the game. There are several of us who check the forums to see if we can help on these games that don't have walkthroughs, and it's easier for us to spot someone with a problem we can help with if the subject line is specific.

If you haven't found it, the hint button is the tube with the yellow liquid, not the round button or the guy on the ID card.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 4:59:17 AM PST

normagene
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by normagene on Mar 12, 12 12:04 PM
Just finished "Between the Worlds II: the Pyramid", will admit it took longer than usual! In fact I was stuck on one of the pyramid sides for 3 days, but worked thru it. Only had to go to the forum 3 or so times, and it was a big help. Thanks for a realllllllly fun and difficult game that can be gotten thru!!!!!!!
normagene

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Mar 12, 12 9:14 PM
I got frustrated with finding the hidden objects on The Pyramid.

I clicked and clicked on the blow dryer and it wouldn't pick it up. Annoying game. Not going to buy this one.

Go to: