luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 3, 12 5:45 AM
cherbtoo THANK YOU!! I read your suggestion, landed up
clicking on View button and that's where I found Zoom.
Nice to have it back to normal size.
Back to gaming.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 3, 12 5:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm also playing along....this is where I've got up to with a few false starts....

"Mina is fed. I've got off the beach. Tamed Jep and I'm now in the cave."

I probably haven't done everything I'm supposed to or in the right order, but I'm pleased at my progress so far

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 3, 12 5:56 AM
There's no real "right" order but you do have a set of tasks to accomplish.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 3, 12 6:01 AM
For those who are looking for hooks for the fishing pole, do as hughchik
said or you could just look up high near where you found those thorns for some already curved
. You will need something long to cut those down. For things that are out of reach Jep is a good tool or if need be, he can be combined with things .

Sorry I was gone for a bit. I had to do some groceries and get my car inspected.

ETA Mr_Russ is right. But there are a few triggers in the game.

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 6:02:24 AM PST

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 3, 12 6:07 AM
I'm here now ready to go.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 3, 12 6:09 AM
Well the movement is not very smooth for me. It will take a bit to get used to. Also how to you use an object in the inventory. When I pick something out of inventory and go back to main screen it is not in my hand but in a box on the left. Can't get it from there.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Mar 3, 12 6:12 AM
It is in your hand when it shows in the left box. That shows your active item. Just click where you want to use it and you'll automatically use it.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 3, 12 6:15 AM
govols when you are in the inventory screen, just left click the item to pick it up and right click to go out of the inventory screen. If the item you picked up can be used with/for something you will get the little gear in a circle. If you can't use the item, the gear in a circle will have a red slash. Did I say that right ?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 3, 12 6:26 AM
I think I understand jb. Was just trying to experiment with it. For example I picked up the worms out of inventory. was going to try and see if the crabs liked them. when I came out of inventory the worms were in a box on left side of screen. I couldn't grab the worms to try and give them to the crabs because when I moved my mouse towards the little box well of course the whole screen moves. But I do remember seeing the circle with the red x by the pool with the fish in it. Peeked at a spoiler so I know worms are for fishing. Will the object I have selected out of inventory automatically be used if it something I can use at the moment.

Not sure if that question made sense or not ...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 3, 12 6:37 AM
Yes and yes. This is quite common when the game only allows you to be holding one thing at a time. Use item in left or right box on object in environment.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 3, 12 6:37 AM
Yes, the item you pick is automatically tried on the first gear you click on. Whether it is used or not, it then automatically goes to the transit box.

Those crabs are nasty little buggers. Timing and patience are the key for them.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 3, 12 6:38 AM
I've just finished getting her fed.

ETA there is no right or wrong thing to eat. Whilst eggs can be eaten now or used later, if you don't have any later there will be an alternative.

You should never get stuck in this game.

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 6:41:42 AM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 3, 12 6:41 AM
Mr_Russ. Time to go exploring now.

ETA there are a couple more eggs to be found. Do I hear birds in the background?

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 6:43:12 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 3, 12 6:42 AM
I know. I'm a helper in this group play. I've just come to a natural break.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 3, 12 6:54 AM
My inventory is full and I can't pick up anything or use anything after picking up the bamboo. Help!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 3, 12 6:54 AM
Jofer wrote:Wow! You guys start early! I should have set my alarm for midnight I guess
I'm here and will try to be a helper too.

LOL Jofer , i am an European fishie and since we have other fishie friends/players on this side of the ocean who were really really eager to play, I've started the thread early.

Thanks for being a helper too! Are you playing as well?

Hi to all new players I'll put your name on the list in a bit.

Haven't done anything else in the game, so I am still at the very beginning and there for also haven't read any of your spoilers. But it sounds like you are having fun!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Mar 3, 12 7:01 AM
I'm late to the party (as usual).

I'm going to get the d/l started, got some running to do and then dive in...get stranded or however I end up on this mysterious island.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 3, 12 7:01 AM
hughchik wrote:Sunshine Had exactly the same problem - got no joy from UHS, tried the rest of the forum, kept checking in to see if somebody had answered you ... & out of sheer frustration finally figured it out for myself - I feel quite a sense of achievement

**Try bending the acacia thorns in the fire**

for you for figuring it out. I couldn't so I read your spoiler.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Mar 3, 12 7:02 AM
Yes I'm playing as well as helping - just playing slowly because RL keeps interrupting me
I'm dealing with a sick monkey right now.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Mar 3, 12 7:07 AM
justaques wrote:My inventory is full and I can't pick up anything or use anything after picking up the bamboo. Help!

There are many 'pages' of slots, click on the tabs at the top to open up the others.

Go to: