notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re: i finished the game if you need any tips i'll help

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Oct 15, 12 7:37 PM
I finished it as well in two days. 9After all I did have to do some visiting of relatives and housework.) I am proud of myself. This is a really neat game. Try building
another shrine to get more mana more quickly. This game is addicting.

[Post New]by flixx22 on Dec 15, 12 5:11 PM
I cant build my temple. covered over lava runs with stones but it wont let me build there, and it has to go near mountains and volcnoes. Finished all the study and other buildings.Grrr

qtpi1203
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by qtpi1203 on Dec 31, 12 12:58 PM
cat52 wrote:
GeorgeTSLC wrote:
flyfifer wrote:when merchants ask for more than 20,000 money
They don't, because that would be not only unreasonable but impossible. 20,000 is the maximum Gold the game allows at one time. The numerals don't turn red, the number just sticks there w/o increasing.

But by the time you hit that ceiling, you really don't need to worry about money anyway.

Actually, they do, and what a surprise that was! What you need to do is, first, have the 20,000 in reserve, then build up your mana so that, when you click on the quest picture, the "Fulfill" button is lit up. The difference between the 20,000 and what they are asking for will be "made up" by using your mana.

Thanks so much this one really had me stumped.

Edited on 12/31/2012 at 12:59:28 PM PST

[Post New]by bevrene on Mar 10, 13 3:50 PM
Hi just started this game again but can't get pass Hera repeatedly destroying everything. Any suggestions Anyone??? Thanx

[Post New]by ingaboo on Mar 11, 13 2:55 AM
flixx22 wrote:I cant build my temple. covered over lava runs with stones but it wont let me build there, and it has to go near mountains and volcnoes. Finished all the study and other buildings.Grrr

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 11, 13 9:40 AM
bevrene wrote:Hi just started this game again but can't get pass Hera repeatedly destroying everything. Any suggestions Anyone??? Thanx

There's nothing to be done about her except buying her off, until such time as you can placate her - which is pretty late in the game. Just repair what she breaks and struggle on! She is a pain.

[Post New]by eeyore0304 on Mar 11, 13 6:37 PM
i can't figure out how to get my population up to 400 so i can study woodworking, all i have is 310. can u help?i have 3 school, a couple tavern and so on

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 12, 13 12:14 AM
eeyore0304 wrote:i can't figure out how to get my population up to 400 so i can study woodworking, all i have is 310. can u help?i have 3 school, a couple tavern and so on

eeyore0304, not sure what you mean here - population = number of people and as far as I remember, that's not a requirement for anything.

If you mean civilization/culture level, you get points there by studying earlier subjects and doing the quests.

If you mean knowledge points, you can build more schools and upgrade the ones you have.

I hope one of those is what you meant!

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Mar 22, 13 12:02 PM
Hi Where do I obtain the planks from?
Also I am trying to build a fishermans cabin but it wont let me place it. I am really struggling and as you see and I have not started properly yet. When I chop trees down I do not get any wood it is driving me bonkers. Hope you can help me ta

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 23, 13 5:38 AM
Hi, Grannygrim! Don't know if you're trying to build the first or the second fishy cabin. There are only two locations where they can be placed, and one of them is blocked by some litter your workers will have to clear. In the opening screen, these locations are next to each other, on the north riverbank (surprise) near the left end. The left-most one is blocked but you should be able to place the first one without hindrance.

As for planks - you don't get those for a while, as they require you to study woodworking in order to build a wood carver's workshop or whatever it's called.

Your wood count should go up when your lumberjacks chop down trees or when your workers clear a dead stump. You need only wood to build the first several structures (like the fisherman's cabin) so the resource does get used up. If you've been able to build anything then you've gotten wood somehow! You won't be able to store much until you can build a barn, though (same with all resources except knowledge / science points, which require schools to store, and money). If you can build things and chop wood but your inventory never shows any of it, then you might have a technical problem with the game. Check out the technical issues thread to see if others have this problem and what they might have done to fix it.

Good luck!

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Mar 23, 13 7:26 AM
Thank you cat52 I will have a go. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Mar 29, 13 7:01 AM
Hi I reinstalled the game as you suggested the last time I needed your help and since then I have got quite a long way into the game, however I cannot get my rock content to increase so I cannot build the university. I have used the magic hand on the rock pile and it says I will get 10 but it does not happen and I have tried getting it from the rock building but nothing increases it it stays at 120 hope you can help again thanks

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 29, 13 7:30 AM
Hallo Grannygrim, glad to hear you've made some progress.

I was puzzled until you said the count stayed at 120 - sounds like you need to build another barn. Barns raise the amount of resources you can save (except for knowledge, mana and cash). Seems a little strange: have an image of a barn filled with nothing but rocks. But anyway, see if that doesn't work for you.

Evilida
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Evilida on Mar 31, 13 2:39 PM
How do I get the laurel wreath so I can expand my territory? I read elsewhere that you have to build a lumber mill but I've already built one.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 31, 13 11:14 PM
Hi, Evilida,

You might be ahead of the game...I hope this is it: building the lumber mill IS how you get the Laurel Wreath, but you have to get a quest to build one as well. It is possible to do things before you get the quests to do them - as you may already have noticed. It won't count against you that you've already accomplished the goal, but the award won't show up until the quest does.

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Apr 12, 13 4:23 AM
Its me again, I am short on food no matter what I do with the golden hand it will not let me get any. On past posts you have advised to build so I have built barns, taverns etc until I have no more room, and of course no more food. Please help if you can cos its driving me mad grrrrrrrrr

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Apr 12, 13 5:59 PM
Well, hallo again Did you manage to build your temple yet?

Okay, barns let you raise the amount of food you store, but they don't increase the amount of food you produce. You might have to build more production facilities (fields, mills, all that).

I don't know if it is a bug in the game or an on-purpose feature, but sometimes fields and other producing buildings seem to wear out.Example, I kept showing negative fish when both fisherman huts were 3-star upgraded. I clicked on one of the huts and, oh dear, it said it was producing zero fish! So I destroyed it with the hand, built a new one, upgraded it and it went back to producing 30-odd fish or whatever it is. I did a post on that in this forum ("Tips Department: Things wear out!") in the subject. So you might try checking out all your production buildings and making sure they are performing up to snuff.

Edited on 04/12/2013 at 6:02:44 PM PST

[Post New]by cmrillustrator on May 16, 13 12:40 PM
Hey, I've Just started this game about three days ago. I'm on the part where you have to explore the Chariot Of Gods. I have all of the supplies I need, but it says I need four builders and I only have two... How can i get more to move on to the next chapter?? Please Help !

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 16, 13 11:19 AM
cmrillustrator wrote:Hey, I've Just started this game about three days ago. I'm on the part where you have to explore the Chariot Of Gods. I have all of the supplies I need, but it says I need four builders and I only have two... How can i get more to move on to the next chapter?? Please Help !

One of the things you can build is a builders hut, which will create the hut and two more builders for you.

[Post New]by SusanLB on Jun 21, 13 10:39 AM
I need more fish. Every place I try to put a fisherman's cottage, I can't. I know it has to go by the river, and I tore down several buildings hoping to be able to locate the fishermen there, but all that happened was that I lost perfectly good buildings.

Go to: