Re:Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by pythonk on Apr 9, 12 6:39 AM
At first, I thought that the access violation error I was getting had nothing to do with the game itself, but an error on my computer. After googling the exact error code (Error Violation at 0x00631421...) I was very suprised to find a link bringing me to Big Fish's Tech Support page.

I was even further suprised that many big fish users who were big fans of the first Life Quest having the exact same issue I was. I had gone VERY far in the game (I was on day 89) then having the game crash at that point and then not being able to get back in the game past the "Enter Your Name" screen.

This is very disappointing. Even Tech Support didn't have an answer for me, so NOW what do we do???

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 9, 12 7:05 AM
pythonk wrote:At first, I thought that the access violation error I was getting had nothing to do with the game itself, but an error on my computer. After googling the exact error code (Error Violation at 0x00631421...) I was very suprised to find a link bringing me to Big Fish's Tech Support page.

I was even further suprised that many big fish users who were big fans of the first Life Quest having the exact same issue I was. I had gone VERY far in the game (I was on day 89) then having the game crash at that point and then not being able to get back in the game past the "Enter Your Name" screen.

This is very disappointing. Even Tech Support didn't have an answer for me, so NOW what do we do???

Welcome to the forums. No need to panic. When things like this happen, all we need to do is take a big breath, wait a day or two and Big Fish will post a new version of the game that we can download and it will fix everything. They have been very good about addressing these issues and fixing them, so don't worry.

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 7:11:24 AM PST

[Post New]by jemma549549 on Apr 9, 12 1:17 PM
Having exact same problem access violation at 0x00631421 (tried to read from 0x00000040)

[Post New]by eMzydoodle on Apr 10, 12 9:00 AM
Hi Fishies

All of your problems make mine pale in comparison!

My problem is that the full version runs extreeemly slowly. The demo ran as quick as you like, hence why I bought it - I tend to judge if my system can handle it on the demo version!

Since running slowly, I have uninstalled, re-installed and updated: Java, Flash, Microsoft DirextX and anything else I could think of, to no avail.

I have also unistalled and re-installed the actual game, which made it run slightly slower if anything!

(I'm on XPsp3 and the up to dat game manager)

I'd be glad if anyone has any knowledge of anything I could try?!

[Post New]by pythonk on Apr 10, 12 9:01 PM
Lavender101 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. No need to panic. When things like this happen, all we need to do is take a big breath, wait a day or two and Big Fish will post a new version of the game that we can download and it will fix everything. They have been very good about addressing these issues and fixing them, so don't worry.

I really hope your right Lavender. However, the errors for this game go back to March 31st (which I believe was the day of game release). I think we are far past a day or two at this point. I think I will just leave it alone for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

[Post New]by soragia4 on Apr 11, 12 12:05 PM
I have the same problem as valih.

I liked the first Life Quest very much, so I bought this one without trying it. But, no play at all. Just after entering a profile name, the game closes.

I contacted with Customer Support and followed all the instructions they gave me, but the problem wasn't solved.

Please, BFG DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

minmu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by minmu on Apr 12, 12 9:26 AM
Here's another person really hoping for a patch soon. I played the game beginning to end twice and on the 100th day of the 3rd game, the screen froze, cntrl-alt-del didn't work and I had to turn the power off on the computer. When I rebooted and started back up again, I hate to wait through the long intro, got to point when I entered my name (because all traces of previous games/profiles were gone) and then I got the access error. I am very perplexed because the game worked for many hours and wasn't connected to the internet so no programs were updated/changed in the meantime--it just quick working. I really enjoy this type of game and would rather have a fix than a replacement coupon. Crossing my fingers for a good update soon. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting (updating software/drivers, un-,re-installing, etc.) without a solution.

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 13, 12 6:34 AM
minmu wrote:Here's another person really hoping for a patch soon. I played the game beginning to end twice and on the 100th day of the 3rd game, the screen froze, cntrl-alt-del didn't work and I had to turn the power off on the computer. When I rebooted and started back up again, I hate to wait through the long intro, got to point when I entered my name (because all traces of previous games/profiles were gone) and then I got the access error. I am very perplexed because the game worked for many hours and wasn't connected to the internet so no programs were updated/changed in the meantime--it just quick working. I really enjoy this type of game and would rather have a fix than a replacement coupon. Crossing my fingers for a good update soon. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting (updating software/drivers, un-,re-installing, etc.) without a solution.

That is exactly what happend to me. I contacted customer support via the green envelope and someone got back to me and suggested that I try this:

We can try deleting the save data. It may be that the save data is encountering a problem and preventing the game from running properly.

If you're ok with trying this, before we get rid of the save data, go ahead and uninstall Life Quest 2: Metropoville from your Game Manager once more by clicking on the 'Trash Can' Icon next to the game.

To delete the save data for Life Quest 2 on your computer, you can follow these steps:
Open the Start menu.
In the search box at the bottom of the Start menu, type Folder Options and press the Enter key.
Click the View tab.
Under Advanced Settings, click Show hidden files and folders
Click Apply and OK
Go back and click the Start button again, and this time select Computer
Open Local Disk (C: )
Open the Users folder
Find and double-click the username you're currently signed in to Windows with
Open AppData
Open the Roaming folder
Open the Big Fish Games folder
Click on the LifeQuest2 folder and press the Delete button on your keyboard to delete the folder
On the window that comes up, select Yes to send the folder to the Recycle Bin.

After deleting the save data, try reinstalling Life Quest 2 from your Purchase History.

I did that and everythingworked fine after that. Good Luck!

[Post New]by specialkjackson on Apr 13, 12 9:30 AM
paintingchef wrote:My issue is also related to graphics and resolution. I don't have a widescreen monitor either but I prefer to play game sin windowed mode because that way I can keep an eye on everything else I SHOULD be doing instead. But when I try to switched to windowed mode, I'm just told that my resolution doesn't support it. I've tried every dingle screen resolution option on my computer and nothing works. This is a really irritating problem... is there a fix?

Thanks!

Same problem here except I do have a widescreen monitor. Is there a fix for this yet? I will not be buying the game if I don't have a windowed mode option.

[Post New]by tweetybird_18428 on Apr 14, 12 8:48 AM
I have an access violation whenever I go to the place where you can change the quest. Right now, I am avoiding that place because if I go there, my computer freezes up.
Also I took off the widescreen mode because I didn't like the way it looked on my computer.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 15, 12 8:12 PM
First, I want to make clear that I don't think this is tweety's fault, it's mine. Anyway, I have just sent the following to Customer Support:

In response to a post in the BFG forum about not liking the look of the game in widescreen, I just took off that option, wondering what it would look like, left, and tried to restart. Result:
NO_GRAPHICS_DEVICE_TEXT
with an OK button.

Meaning I can't get in to change back my casual monkey wrench.

Will deleting and reinstalling fix this, or do we need to do something different, like editing a game file?

I have of course attached Dr. Felix's test results.

Wanted to warn y'all NOW that this kind of thing can happen. Will report further when fixed.

OMG HELP

[Post New]by Eleanor1981 on Apr 16, 12 4:53 PM
Having the exact issues as most people on here, yesterday played the trial all was well, purchased the game played with it for hours unfortunate the lead came out of my laptop and switched off, tried to open the game the following day didnt look like anything had saved as it assumed I was a new player asking me to type in my name which I did and pressed enter, the access violation code pops up and then shuts down the game.
I contacted customer support who were very helpful but unable to resolve this problem. I tried everything suggested already they said they'll have to replace this game with a different one but I want Life Quest 2!!!
Anyway I dont understand if people are reporting the same problem why cant Big Fish just fix this and send us all a fixed version of the game?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 19, 12 7:05 AM
Eleanor, see the "Customer Service Said There Would Be a New Version" thread at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/207349.page in this forum.

And for anyone who cares: My fix, too, turned out to be deleting everything, as described above.

[Post New]by Eleanor1981 on Apr 19, 12 1:04 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:Eleanor, see the "Customer Service Said There Would Be a New Version" thread at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/207349.page in this forum.

And for anyone who cares: My fix, too, turned out to be deleting everything, as described above.

Im trying to view it but it says its not there anymore, customer services replied to me they said they had contacted the developer about the issue and so waiting on them to fix it

[Post New]by gamelover_33 on Apr 19, 12 7:07 PM
shayla989 wrote:I was pretty far in the game when all of a sudden the game froze then crashed i updated all my drivers uninstalled then reinstalled the game it loads to the start screen all my game data was erased i typed in a profile name to start over and click ok the game freezes and crashes at this point all the time now. i get a message saying error acsess code then windows trys to search for a fix. I love this game but i bought it and now it doesnt work properly.

[Post New]by gamelover_33 on Apr 19, 12 7:12 PM
yeah i am having the same problem as everyone else i was almost done with the game and it kicked me off and erased my game and then now when i go back in it freezes and kicks me out.

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 20, 12 10:45 AM
gamelover_33 wrote:yeah i am having the same problem as everyone else i was almost done with the game and it kicked me off and erased my game and then now when i go back in it freezes and kicks me out.

Yep, that's what happens. Did you try deleting your saved games folder? See the instructions in my above post in this thread. Also, be sure to use the green envelope on right to contact customer support. They need to know that this issue is not going to go away on it's own.

[Post New]by sandsandles on Apr 20, 12 6:37 PM
Same here.

Played the game.. got towards the end.

Now it won't load. Same as all the others.

Very aggravating!!

[Post New]by shilliker on Apr 21, 12 9:23 AM
Same issue as the rest. Played the game almost to entirety, now I get the access violation message when I try to load the game. Can't play it anymore, tried all suggestions in the forum to no avail. Hopefully a new version comes out? Anyone know if they are working on a new version or are trying to fix the problem?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 12 12:14 PM
ALL suggestions? Including deleting the folder and starting over entirely??

Go to: