shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 10, 12 3:56 AM
I tried this game when it first came out and also just now. My cursor is so jerky the game is unplayable. Today I figured "What the heck" and I tried the SE version. The SE plays smooth as can be, the voices and text are all in synch, no cursor jerkiness, it's running perfectly. Why the difference in the two versions?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by cat52 on Dec 25, 12 3:03 AM
I have the same sticky cursor problem, although so far I've been able to play past it by waiting for it to free itself up. I don't think It's a "game freezing" problem because while the game does halt when the cursor does, they both start up again in short order - I think of freezing as being something you have to exit and restart to fix...? Maybe I am wrong on this and should follow the (tedious) advice on "game freezing"?

I read in this thread earlier how somebody switched to system from custom cursor and it worked for a while, but then caused a worse problem; that sad tale makes me leery of trying that "solution"! But because I'm pretty sure all my drivers and other software are up to date, I'm wondering if any other people have had this problem and, if so, maybe found a solution to it?

EDIT: Finished the game & bonus game, jerks and all, so not a big issue any more for me, since I don't find the game irresistibly replayable

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 6:49:34 AM PST

[Post New]by armywife1018 on Sep 6, 13 11:15 AM
So I've been playing this game on my ipad mini, and keep having issues where it crashes as soon as I trap the shark in the cage... I've restarted my ipad and the game a few times now, and I must say I'm disappointed.

[Post New]by Zanya75 on Sep 9, 13 3:08 PM
Got the same issue! When the shark is trapped in the cage, the game crashes. Playing on ipad4. I really hope you fix this asap

Amazon17
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Amazon17 on May 18, 14 2:12 PM
Playing on a Macbook Pro with same issue. Feed the shark, put the sail and oars in the boat, click on the cage and wham! Game crashes every time.

[Post New]by LostInAMaze on Jul 14, 14 5:18 AM
The game also crashes for me every time after trapping the shark in the cage in Madagascar. I am using a Mac desktop, OSX 10.9.4 (the latest version), and I only downloaded the game 4 days ago.

[Post New]by lexilani on Aug 10, 14 6:55 PM
I am in the area where u have to place an eagle. I went back to the pond with the magnet on a string to fish it out but the game won't let me. No hint is available and my map doesn't show any areas of interest. So what's happening?

[Post New]by Cazzamc on Oct 2, 14 9:55 AM
Hello all. First post!!

Ever since the iOS 8 iPad update the game no longer works. It opens with the initial blue load screen then crashes. I've tried deleting then reinstalling but nothing works. Wouldn't norm bother but a) I was enjoying it and b) I've paid for it!!

Hope someone can help

Cazzamc

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 9:56:33 AM PST

[Post New]by nreeves713 on Oct 27, 14 2:44 PM
Stuck in the Museum HO trying to pick up the staple with the staple remover. It just won't work! Using Kindle Fire.

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Mar 17, 15 4:58 PM
I have finished the game but no bonus game ?? Never bought a CE that it didnt have a bonus chapter ! The strategy guide sys there is but I find no way to get it ???? Help

Go to: