Re:Post any Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill technical issues here only

[Post New]by scfishieinkt on Jun 3, 12 3:22 PM
Chapter four, the fake announcement, after I cut Lamont's pic, I can't drag it far enough over to the right side, so I can't go any further in the game.Any help?

GENIG1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by GENIG1 on Jul 13, 12 11:49 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies,

As DragonLadyOz mentioned, it sounds like this might be a feature the developers intended for. I found a helpful comment from another Fishie in another thread:

Had the same problem, do this:

Make sure that the TIP of the spraycan (so the Red part: the part that sprays), has touched all the edges. So It's not important if the spray reaches the edge, but it is important for the RED TIP to touch the edges.
When you're doing it right; you'll see the edges get dark and greasy.

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/206243.page>Silicon</a>

Please give that a try and see how you get on.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by mystlvr on Dec 28, 12 12:45 PM
mystlvr wrote:The game keeps crashing at the point in chapter two where I'm trying to take a picture of the dead guy hanging from the beam in the basement. I kept getting an error message with a long string of numbers. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, using the alternate method for downloading (had to play the game from the begining again!). When I got to the same scene in chapter two, it crashed and gave the same error message - although this time I didn't have to do a hard re-boot on my computer. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows XP and have never had a problem with a game crashing before. Thanks.

[Post New]by mystlvr on Dec 28, 12 12:47 PM
Can we get a reply as to the problem in chapter 2 when the game freezes when you try to take a picture of the dead guy (getting an Access Violation message)? I see there are a couple of other gamers with the same problem. Thanks.

Edited on 12/28/2012 at 12:48:03 PM PST

[Post New]by tazcaz913 on May 3, 13 4:39 PM
suehorse wrote:I am in Chapter 2 and game freezes and I get "Access Violation" when I try to use Lamonte's phone to take a picture. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Lots of people have this same problem. Can we have a solution?? Please.

[Post New]by missyb09 on May 14, 13 9:42 AM
My game crashes any time I pick up the cell phone to take a picture of the dead guy. I can do anything else, except pick up the phone. The game was working fine up to this point. Can somebody please tell me if there is any way to fix this? I tried reinstalling and I have the latest driver for my video card. I e-mailed the company I downloaded the game from and they won't help me. I really would like to continue this game.

[Post New]by Smcclellan on May 19, 13 7:57 PM
Hi

I'm in chapter five, at the HOG on the easel. I have selected the "sixth victim clipping" but game will not acknowledge. It's the last of the hidden objects in the HOG. Have used the help button, which continues to highlight the correct picture, but game doesn't recognize when I select it. I can't move forward from this location until HOG is complete. Please help.

[Post New]by Johanna2116 on Jun 10, 13 4:01 AM
In Turino's apartment surveillance: I connected the 4 cables to the CCTV box in the van, I can see someone in the apartment on the screens but when I go to the apartment, nobody is there and the hint says that there's nothing more to do there. When I go back to the van the hint directs me to the screens again. I can't do anything to the screens or in the apartment. I'm frustrated...help!

[Post New]by Rowankat on Jun 10, 13 4:10 PM
Smcclellan wrote:Hi

I'm in chapter five, at the HOG on the easel. I have selected the "sixth victim clipping" but game will not acknowledge. It's the last of the hidden objects in the HOG. Have used the help button, which continues to highlight the correct picture, but game doesn't recognize when I select it. I can't move forward from this location until HOG is complete. Please help.

I am having the same issue...do you really have to restart?

[Post New]by loopy1966uk on Jun 21, 13 10:49 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
Jeriann64 wrote:WHAT'S UP WITH THE MANHOLE COVER???? I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID BUT TO NO AVAIL. WHAT MAKES ME REALLY MAD IS I BOUGHT IT! HELP!!!!

Hi there Jeriann64,
I'm not sure to what you are referring in the text I highlighted in blue as I can find no evidence of any other questions regarding your problem on this occasion.
This is probably not a technical issue, so I suggest you start a post requesting help with this - and please don't shout (by using capital letters), as a lot of us here would only be too willing to assist you.
It also seems that you have had other difficulties with games here, so I would suggest that you run a Dr Felix on your system and send the results to BFG CS in an effort to find a solution.
Cheers

I know what the problem is, because I am having the same problem on the PC version. I have sprayed the manhole cover with the silicone spray and then tried using the key. The message comes up that I need to spray the manhole cover. I have played the same game on my ipod touch and the spray operated automatically then the key worked by clicking it over the centre of the cover. There must be a problem with the pc version that needs to be sorted.

[Post New]by figgy_1 on Jun 23, 13 12:34 PM
I can't get the lamp piece in the left hand drawer. I click on it and nothing happens.
Never had so many problems with a game

[Post New]by texasbob on Jun 24, 13 10:19 PM
Rowankat wrote:

I'm having the same problem on my iPad as you two. Any answers yet?

[Post New]by Flump1e on Jun 29, 13 1:13 AM
texasbob wrote:
Rowankat wrote:

I'm having the same problem on my iPad as you two. Any answers yet?

Ditto - playing on iPad mini and can't get the 6th victim clipping no matter how or where I tap in that area!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 3:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

A warm welcome to any new posters!

For those of you playing on iOS, I am sorry to see you have had so much trouble and I am glad to offer as much advice as I can for this.

The first thing to do is to check out and try some basic troubleshooting will help to improve how your game performs. The help article here, has some great advice on what you can try for iPad games but if you need more help, feel free to contact our Tech Support Team.

Although we do not handle the purchase of the games on iOS, we will be more than happy to take a look at things and assess the situation with you so that you are not left with a game you cannot play and enjoy.

If you are on PC, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

And just to add that creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

I really hope this info is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by tvworm on Oct 10, 13 9:30 AM
I'm at the end of chapter 2. I took the picture and got the card from the pocket. I read in the walkthrough there is supported to be some dialogue but nothing happens. I click the hint button it tells to examine the body I click the hint button again and I tells me I'm done in this area. I'm stuck.

[Post New]by jennym1234 on Oct 11, 13 12:45 PM
tvworm wrote:I'm at the end of chapter 2. I took the picture and got the card from the pocket. I read in the walkthrough there is supported to be some dialogue but nothing happens. I click the hint button it tells to examine the body I click the hint button again and I tells me I'm done in this area. I'm stuck.

Me too. There are a bunch of us on Mac OS 10.x having this problem - is it a technical issue? I've got the business card, moved the watch, taken the picture of the body. I've gone through online walkthroughs and I think I've done everything at the cabin. Like the OP, the hint says to look at the pocket, but when I'm at the pocket the hint says there's nothing to do. Help please!

[Post New]by jennym1234 on Oct 11, 13 12:50 PM
jennym1234 wrote:
Me too. There are a bunch of us on Mac OS 10.x having this problem - is it a technical issue? I've got the business card, moved the watch, taken the picture of the body. I've gone through online walkthroughs and I think I've done everything at the cabin. Like the OP, the hint says to look at the pocket, but when I'm at the pocket the hint says there's nothing to do. Help please!

Okay, there's definitely something wrong! I went back to the basement and saw a hand appear. I clicked and it grabbed the bolt cutters again (even though they weren't visible). I went outside to where the poles used to be in front of the window and hit the hint button - it circled the place where the poles used to be! Of course I can't click there and do anything, because I've already done it. Please help!

[Post New]by askehansen on Oct 13, 13 6:24 PM
Hi, I've really got a problem! I have just gotten to chapter 4, and was about to scan the bible, but I accidentally clicked out into the lab, and now I'm stuck. The only thing in my inventory is the fifth bible and I cant click on anything in the lab. I can't go anywhere on the map either and there is no one inside the lab. Anyone know how to fix this?? I would really appreciate it!
(Mac OS X 10.8)

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 6:26:19 PM PST

pkael
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pkael on Oct 16, 13 8:43 PM
Me three. Would appreciate advice or a fix.

jennym1234 wrote:
jennym1234 wrote:

Okay, there's definitely something wrong! I went back to the basement and saw a hand appear. I clicked and it grabbed the bolt cutters again (even though they weren't visible). I went outside to where the poles used to be in front of the window and hit the hint button - it circled the place where the poles used to be! Of course I can't click there and do anything, because I've already done it. Please help!

[Post New]by the_mists on Oct 17, 13 6:25 AM
pkael wrote:Me three. Would appreciate advice or a fix.

jennym1234 wrote:
jennym1234 wrote:

Me as well: Mac OS (latest version); examining the body, moved the watch, taken the business card.

A post (above) says to combine the business card with the phone to make a call, but all that happens is I get a 'click' noise and nothing else.....

Is this a tech glitch or not? Can we get a definitive reply on this?

Much obliged.

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 6:27:49 AM PST

Go to: