mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by mews on Jan 29, 09 8:19 AM
Smallhaven wrote:I understand your frustration, tix. I'm a Platformer fan and nothing has been released since last summer's Alex Gordon. The developers are busy with HO's and TM's since it seems those are the most requested the last two years. And they make money for the company's. But they're creating an environment of disgrunteld gamers at the same time when our favorite genre's are constantly overlooked.

Platformer fan here too Small
At the moment I'm spending most of my game time playing free user levels from SuperGranny 3 & 4, there are hundreds!!!!

I do love HO (not TM though) but sometimes I think you can have too much of the same old same old and (dare I say this ) I don't even like Return to Ravenhurst enough to buy it , there I've said it lol.

I would give this Coyote's Tale a fair trial if my cursor would react properly but it was doing my head in, so....gave up on it.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 29, 09 8:23 AM
After reading all the pros and cons, I still liked the game. I played in timed mode with plenty of time left over for each level I reached so no hurry there. It will be nice for a relaxing time when I want to play a HOG but not be rushed with a fast timer. Also, didn't have any of the glitches that others are reporting.

I agree that the "here it is" hint system was not fun but after playing some, realized that the game was just "pointing the way" and once I earned a heart, that kinda went by the wayside. I'm not sure if I like the "help" included in the game dialog and early part of the game but it was not enough to make me say NOT. I think I would rather have a HELP screen that explained all the instructions for the game and that could be referenced throughout the game. Altho, if there are a lot of instructions as with some match 3's and marble poppers, I usually skip and try to figure it out on the fly.

Switching between LIST and IMAGE is great! I also like that the image is in the orientation of the item. That is a big help! I hate when the item is backwards, upside down, etc. compared to the image. Makes image help confusing.

I agree that hiding dark objects in dark corners or light objects in light corners is for the birds. I lightened my brightness and contrast (gamma is as high as it will go) so that I could at least see some of the dark stuff but then I couldn't find the light stuff. Would be nice if developers would eliminate really dark or really light backgrounds.

I liked the puzzles but the ones I tried were mostly pretty easy. Didn't have a problem until I got to the "circling the enemy with fire boxes" but finally figured it out. Unlike some, I did get a kick out of some of the dialog.

I'm putting it on my "A" list ("A+" is my BUY NOW list) but will decide after hearing how long the game is. I like long games that take some time even tho this one is an easy HOG as far as I got, if it's long, it will probably go on my "A+" list.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 29, 09 8:23 AM
I liked the game but like many others on BFG and Gamezebo am having serious cursor problems which seems to be the only problem with the game. Will buy if the problem is corrected. Will keep watching the postings

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 29, 09 8:28 AM
patecatl_eq wrote:Hi everyone.

My name is Matt Shetler, and I was the producer at Merscom on Coyote's Tale: Fire and Water. We're very proud of CT and we plan to follow up the game in new and creative directions.

- Matt (Old Coyote) Shetler

Thank you for taking the time to listen to what we have to say! I hope that most of the comments can be taken as "constructive" rather than "critical". I think what it all boils down to is options, options, options! If we have the ability to tailor the game to the way we like to play, it will be better for us and send more your way! WIN WIN!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 29, 09 8:30 AM
Just downloading and will try it.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 8:32 AM
Yes I figured out the pouring water into jugs minipuzzle, but then my uncle introduced me to that type of puzzle back around 1970, and we did a lot of them together. If I end up buying the game I'll pay more attention to how I solved it and then post in the forum.

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Jan 29, 09 8:37 AM
I liked this game. The hint option is pretty great. Graphics are beautiful. I haven't any problem with cursor or other type of clitches. If I had to make a complaint I found the objects to easy to find. I'm about half way through so it looks like its a decent but not longish length . I give this a worth the money.

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 8:40 AM
TopazMystique wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to listen to what we have to say! I hope that most of the comments can be taken as "constructive" rather than "critical". I think what it all boils down to is options, options, options! If we have the ability to tailor the game to the way we like to play, it will be better for us and send more your way! WIN WIN!

Everyone enjoys winning!

"Critical" comments do not bother us. Our goal is to listen to our customers and make games that are fun and entertaining. We can't improve without first understanding what is either frustrating or not fun. The "harsh" feedback is usually the best.

The only discouraging things I've read so far are the technical issues that people are experiencing. At this time I don't know why some people are encountering them, but I hope any causes are identified (and fixed) asap.

- Coyote

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 29, 09 8:42 AM
I'm downloading this game as I type, but it keeps on stopping, I hope this isn't a bad sign ... lol .... It's been 2 hours now and I'm upto 6% . grrrrrrrrrrrr , might get to play it around 8pm tonight at this rate ... Never mind i'll get it , and post my review in here

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 8:47:15 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 29, 09 8:43 AM
As I never touch the timed mode - I am happy that this game has the really relaxed mode. I don't race anyone, and my ulcer begins to bleed, when I see the time clock running... .

I like the automatic "spoiler", when I can't find some object. Why I am forced to put on two pair of glasses, because I am given only 5 hints?

Yes, I did the water puzzle. You have to use only jugs 1, 2 and 3, and pass among them water, until you get in jug 2 only 1 liter. Then, pass the water of jug 3 to jug 1, to make it empty, pass the water of jug 2 to jug 3, and fill it again - pass the remaining 3 liters to jug 3, to get exactly 4 liters. Only then you can pass the 4 liters to jug 4.

I think it's lovely and pleasant game. I don't run after records, just want to enjoy a little bit, before going to sleep.

Of course I bought it... . Thanks, BF!

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 9:01 AM
keltica wrote:I'm downloading this game as I type, but it keeps on stopping, I hope this isn't a bad sign ... lol .... It's been 2 hours now and I'm upto 6% . grrrrrrrrrrrr

This happens to me at the office but not at home. I had to keep resuming the download of "Book of Legends" over and over before I got it all. It might be an issue with our web access here at work, but I'm unsure.

I do recommend "Book of Legends", btw.

- Coyote

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 29, 09 9:13 AM
I'm at home, and don't normally have such a slow downloads, maybe the site is very busy ....

I'm upto 14% now .... lol ...

Never played Book of Legends .... might try it later if this download ever ends ....

I'm so bored and want to play !!!!

Think I'll go and make dinner , and the game might be like boiling a pan of water , I might go away and it'll download quick time !!!!

Lou

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 9:15:06 AM PST

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Jan 29, 09 9:29 AM
Oh yes... I couldn't get my jugs to move either..( did that sound right..?? so I had to skip the game too..

Also I think BF must have had some server problems this morning cause I couldn't even get on the website for quite awhile.. so it's probably not the games fault.. I had no cursor problems though.

Thanks Coyote for jumping into the discussion........ I"m sure none of us mean to be critical.. and you are right.. it's the harsh , honest criticism that is effective and beneficial in the long run for all of us. I love southwest scenes so that was pleasant for me.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Jan 29, 09 9:43 AM
Some of the jugs wouldn't move for me either, but the big problem I had was the lag time between scenes or levels. That ate up precious time for me since I was on the demo. The scenes were a little dark for me as well. Although I do love HO games, I don't think I will buy this one. Bring on more MCF games!
M

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 10:18 AM
Since Matt/Coyote is reading this thread, I'll mention that I did decide to buy it. HOWEVER, I have the following gripes:

1. Font size is too small for most things. This is particularly annoying in the item lists.

2. I play in windowed mode, and for some reason after exiting and starting the game again the top bar mysteriously moved above the top of my screen. Switching to fullscreen mode and back didn't fix it. Switching to a higher resolution and moving it down, then switching back to my 1280x800 resolution didn't fix it either. It is dad blamed AGGRAVATING to not be able to minimize a game. If I'd noticed this before I bought it, I wouldn't have bought.

Haunted Hotel 2 did the same thing to me, and they never did figure out why.

3. I really miss the word play that my favorite HOs have. By this I mean a clue such as "club" could be a playing card symbol, a policeman's billy club, a caveman type club, a golf club, the word club (possibly buried inside some other word), etc. Being able to see the images is great when I'm stuck, and it would kill any such word play fun for people using the images mode instead of the list of words mode. This isn't an instant no type thing for me, it's just that when it's there I'm a lot more likely to buy in the first 15 minutes.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 10:40 AM
Okay . . . I think I'm gonna have to try the demo now!!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 29, 09 11:08 AM
Hi, Matt! Thanks for reading the forums. I hope you get some useful ideas from all of the reading.

I liked the game. No, it isn't a must buy but buy it I will. It is not too easy. Some of the items are just too small. And too dark. I have to move my monitor to get different angles to see. I play the timed mode and had plenty of time to finish each scene. I like the mini games. Don't like not being able to skip dialogue. I got the flowers and the hearts. Sometimes it did give me a hint instead, though. Too much wasted time.

Please hurry and bring out other games using all of the suggestions you get.

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Jan 29, 09 11:17 AM
I just finished the demo - I really liked this game - however, not at this time purchasing - gonna wait and see if a fix comes out...I had the long lag time between scenes - no cursor problems, it reacted fine - when the lag would let it move.

I actually listened to the story on this one (usually don't on demo's) - thought it was interesting - and also couldn't stop thinking of the Coyote as Trickster - so I can see possible things going on in the future - after all in the beginning he talked about rising gas prices - what god would notice? anyway...I did think the finding objects was a little easy, and because of the lag - I only made it through 4 mini-games - I thought they were very easy but fun and could see how these would become harder the more you progressed - if it continues to be these type of games...also liked the choice between timed or not (I did timed - and had plenty), and am assuming that you play both girls the 15 gods - if so, that may be a pretty good length...I only played the fire girl (of course).

anyway, Coyote...thank you for taking the time and making the effort to come on here and let us know that you are listening - it really means a lot.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Jan 29, 09 11:33 AM
This is my first post and I'm only writing because the developer is here. I only played 5 min of demo. My cursor was slow & erratic. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. If this bug is fixed I may give it another try.

[Post New]by mjduroy on Jan 29, 09 11:55 AM
I agree... curser was floating around so that I actually went in and sped up my mouse, didn't help... liked the game but won't buy if curser problem isn't fixed... I have a brand new computer, lots of memory, etc... could be something else interfering and would like to know how to fix it if its me

Go to: