Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Apr 28, 12 12:46 AM
Is ANYBODY from BFG looking at these posts? My LAST post of the problem of the "frozen scroll" scene has been completely IGNORED since I posted it 3 days ago. I want to finish this game, but all you seem to be interested in is the "canned answers" that we always get.

I WANT A REAL SOLUTION. I have followed every suggestion you have posted here, and I have the SAME RESULTS AS ALL THE OTHERS WHO ARE STUCK HERE. My frustration has now changed to OUTRIGHT ANGER.

Why do you offer a technical thread in this forum if nobody from BFG is ever going to read the posts?

I WANT TO FINISH MY GAME. DOESN'T ANYONE AT BFG CARE ABOUT IT?

OR DO YOU JUST THINK "WELL, THEY BOUGHT THE GAME, WE HAVE THEIR MONEY. NOT VERY MANY OF THEM WILL ACTUALLY POST HERE WHEN THEY CAN'T CONTINUE FROM THE SCROLL SCENE - WE JUST DON'T SEE THE NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM SO JUST AT FEW OF OUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE WRITING IN HERE WILL STOP WRITING AND JUST GO TO ANOTHER GAME."

THIS IS BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT - AND YOU KNOW IT.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Zork1 on Apr 28, 12 12:05 PM
This game is so beautiful and I want to play it ... I've installed, uninstalled, updated already updated programs and I can't get past the panther...you guys made it farther than I did.
I keep checking back to see if there is an update or a fix, and all I find are more complaints. Very sad. Does make me visit other sites and try more games that WORK. =/
Off to buy another game instead. Shame on you Big Fish....you can do better.

wildone18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by wildone18 on Apr 28, 12 2:38 PM
Mostly they ignore these post unless you email Customer Support and do that lame Felix report. Customer support try everything to put the blame on our computers and not getting the devs to fix the issues in the game.

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 2:41:21 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 12 3:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to chime in on this.

The very last thing we want is to have Fishies stuck with a game they can't play and enjoy.

The support we can supply on the Forums is very general as technical troubleshooting is dependent on the type of system you are running and we are unable to get into specifics as this will not suit all Fishies.

If you have contacted support previously, I would encourage you to reply to the latest message you have from out Tech Support team attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and specify the exact issue you are having.

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated.

If you don't thave an open reply from us, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 6:09:16 PM PST

wildone18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wildone18 on May 11, 12 7:58 PM
This is what I'm talking about.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on May 13, 12 5:04 PM
I'm playing the CE of this game. I love it, and have had no problems until now. OK, I cut the harp string, but when I tried to put it on the crossbow, it had disappeared! Wha? Do I have to reinstall and start over?

Re: Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Dawneedo on May 14, 12 3:22 PM
I have installed, uninstalled, installed again -- no game and that's just to get to play the demo. The only thing that comes up is "play again?". I haven't even had the pleasure of playing the game. I would like to play but after reading all the negatives about this game, maybe it's a good thing I can't get into it. I'll try again in a couple of months and maybe by then someone may have gotten the game "debugged". Thanks everyone for the info regarding the problems with this game.

[Post New]by rascalie on May 14, 12 6:41 PM
I, too, continue to have sound issues (static, intermittent sound, then silence, then static, and on...). I did all that was suggested (Dr. Felix, uninstall, reinstall, etc.) to no avail. BFG has responded to me that they've submitted all of our issues to the developer ERS for resolution, but ERS has not even replied to BFG! I find this disconcerting that a developer would be so arrogant as to not even acknowledge our complaints. Why can't they at least reply that they're working on it (I hope) and give us some sort of time frame for fixing it. ERS has been one of my favorites, but now I wonder whether my favor has been misplaced. FYI, I had no problem with Amber Maiden and was so looking forward to Song of the Phoenix. It would seem that ERS would do well to emulate Orneon. . .when I had a problem with Cinderstone, Orneon was all over it with instant replies to me personally and a fix within a couple weeks...now that's customer service! Come on, ERS, get with the program!!!

[Post New]by evie1955 on May 22, 12 3:51 AM
I downloaded the 60 mins freebie and encountered problems trying to get the panther out of the way, freezing, no cursor control, also before that looping on the sound. I unistalled that and purchased the CE version and the same is happening!!!! Not happy!!

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on May 25, 12 9:12 PM
OK, I got as far as the game where you rotate the disks with the different tool shapes on them. Suddenly, the disks don't follow the tracks or they end up on top of each other. Some of the movements of the pieces seem totally random!I can't arrange the disks correctly if the *minigame itself* doesn't work right. Any help would be appreciated, since this game has been great fun before now.

[Post New]by Erithan on May 27, 12 5:59 PM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up.

Currently have a new computer that runs fine on intense graphics settings such as Skyrim.(Which on my computer automatically detects and defaults to ultra high settings)

Starting up this game suddenly causes my graphics card to go nuts!, within meer minutes it gets so hot I can pshyically feel the heat.

Trying to figure out what might be causing this problem.

note: Updated drivers today, dx11 all system reqs are way above required listed on games page.

[Post New]by kdawg1489 on May 29, 12 6:30 PM
I am stuck in the cave with the 3 fish. I have put the crystals in. I have done the puzzles for all 3 fish and the magic water has begun to flow. Now I am stuck in that scene. My cursor is gone. the inventory is gone. the hint button is gone. All I see is the fish with water scene and all black around it. I cannot get out of the scene to go forth with the next step of the game. I have exited the game. shut the game down and returned and still puts me back in the same scene with no way out of it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 7, 12 11:35 PM
kdawg1489 wrote:I am stuck in the cave with the 3 fish. I have put the crystals in. I have done the puzzles for all 3 fish and the magic water has begun to flow. Now I am stuck in that scene. My cursor is gone. the inventory is gone. the hint button is gone. All I see is the fish with water scene and all black around it. I cannot get out of the scene to go forth with the next step of the game. I have exited the game. shut the game down and returned and still puts me back in the same scene with no way out of it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes, kdawg! How frustrating! Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall? Oftentimes this does not cause you to lose your game progress, but might get the game back on track. If that doesn't help, maybe try getting in touch with tech support directly, you can get started by clicking on the green envelope to the right of these posts.

As a general comment, after reading the posts on this page, let me first say I am so sorry so many of you are having difficulty with this game. But let me add, that the forums are mainly for users/customers to try to help each other out. BFG can't possibly be aware of every tech issue, especially when a good portion of them have to do with incompatibility with an individual's system, and not an actual problem with the game. Now I'm not saying that's the case here, but as long as I've been on these forums, it has always been the case that with a true tech issue it is way better and way faster to get in touch with tech support directly, either messaging them or using Live Chat. When I'm having what I suspect is a tech issue with a game, I always come to the tech issue thread to see if any one else has posted about it and if they know of a fix, then if I can't find an answer here, I'll go ahead and post the information so other fishies having the same problem know that they aren't alone. After that I message tech support and usually have a resolution or a refund within a couple of days. It's important to message them directly becasue they can not only help you with your issue, but gather information for the developers about what exactly is going wrong. For example, if it is just people with a certain system having trouble, they need to know that in order to fix it. That's why they ask you to run a Dr. Felix. If they can't find exactly where the program is going wrong, they can't be expected to fix it. I notice most folks on here don't even mention what type of system they're using,

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 11:50:51 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 7, 12 11:57 PM
cont.....
and that is a piece of vital information for getting a fix. Just posting here in the forums doesn't give them enough information to find the problem. Tech support is good, but there's only so much they can do without specific information.

If BFG was able to solve my problem, I then post back in here so other fishies having the same issue can see how to fix it.

Just thought this might help with some of the frustration levels on here, if you all understood a little better how problems are addressed. I hope this is all moot and you have been able to solve your tech issues. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by papillion727 on Jun 14, 12 10:57 PM
( Mac Lion ) Just downloaded to try and from the reviews I hoped it was one to buy and I've never had a problem with any ERS games.

When I try to move my cursor down to access inventory, the Menu screen pops up. The box that offers: Resume, Options, Main Menu etc This should only happen if I click on the menu button, which is on the far left.

[Post New]by magictrix85 on Jun 17, 12 11:06 PM
papillion727 wrote:( Mac Lion ) Just downloaded to try and from the reviews I hoped it was one to buy and I've never had a problem with any ERS games.

When I try to move my cursor down to access inventory, the Menu screen pops up. The box that offers: Resume, Options, Main Menu etc This should only happen if I click on the menu button, which is on the far left.

Ive been having a problem with this too, and its so annoying. any ideas on a fix?

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery Game Freezes

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jun 20, 12 1:07 PM
Hi Folks

The game freezes right at the get go. Just the welcome screen with nothing to enter, no options, no exit. Pretty welcome screen.

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by papillion727 on Jun 21, 12 2:31 PM
magictrix85 wrote:
papillion727 wrote:( Mac Lion ) Just downloaded to try and from the reviews I hoped it was one to buy and I've never had a problem with any ERS games.

Ive been having a problem with this too, and its so annoying. any ideas on a fix?

[Post New]by papillion727 on Jun 21, 12 2:43 PM
I sent an email and received a reply from BFG. They said that the ERS game engine was not working properly with the latest release of Lion. It won't work in full screen mode. I tried a few of the other ERS games and they worked just fine. It seems weird to me because you usually have to "click" on the Menu button to get it to appear. So you can either ask for a refund or you can go to options, opt out of full screen, exit then restart the game in reduced mode.

I haven't purchased the game yet. Still thinking about it.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Jun 25, 12 8:24 AM
This is not the first ERS game that I have had the same problem on my Mac. The Menu pops up whenever I go to the inventory. If I move my cursor very slowly down to inventory or sneak up on it from the sides, it doesn't always happen. It's annoying to say the least but at least I can play the game albeit a bit slower than I would like.

Go to: