Re:Post any PuppetShow: Return to Joyville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by pookie43026 on May 11, 12 7:57 AM
Can't find the right valve to release the prince. I have a valve, but it doesn't work so I am stuck!!! I'd appreciate any help!!!

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 7:58:03 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any PuppetShow: Return to Joyville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 13, 12 1:20 PM
Hi pookie43026,

I did some investigating for you, and it looks like there are actually two different valves that you use during the game. Some other players have been talking about the exact same question in the threads I'm pasting below:

Attaching valve to wheel

Valve in the darkroom

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by backatwork on May 14, 12 1:23 AM
I was able to find the second valve in the dragon room and released the Prince. But like otyhers I have read here the Prince has now dissapeared from my tool items. Has anyone had this and been able to fix the problem. Please help

[Post New]by backatwork on May 14, 12 1:25 AM
Silly me! I just found the Prince he was in my tools the whole time but had moved position.

[Post New]by cupidsbaby_17 on May 15, 12 8:57 PM
I've played the game through once already. Worked fine. Tried to play it again, and the game crashes. No error codes or messages. Tried to change players, and as soon as you press ok, the same thiing. I've tried uninstalling and reistalling. Same thing. I'm on windows 7 operating system and eveything is up to date. I'm stumped.

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on May 18, 12 12:40 AM
Tonight the regular version of this game came up for tomorrow and when I tried to download it I got a message on my avg that it contained a trojan horse generic something or other. I know you check for viruses and have never had an issue before this in all the years I've been on here. Is it possible something slipped by or is my computer just picking up something that resembles a virus? It does have a tendency to do that when I uninstall a game- I get a leftover file that doesn't completely delete and goes in the the vault but I've seen those so often I know it's nothing to be concerned about. Another thing that I don't know if it's related or not, it does not show me the option of playing the demo it only shows buy it as an option in my game manager.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it's working fine now. Must have been a glitch.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:47:56 AM PST

RavynWytch
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by RavynWytch on May 25, 12 11:42 PM
I am in the bonus part of the game - I have placed the red button on the control panel, and attempt to use the code found earlier in the game, by sliding the things up and down. My issue is, I can't press the red button. so what's next? I'm stuck! every place i go, it tells me there's nothing for me to do!! HELP!

[Post New]by joypetch on May 28, 12 12:04 PM
Having problem with the bicycle key it will not undo the rope have tryed everything but can go no further can anyone help

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 16, 12 5:53 PM
Well, It has taken me this long to complete the game and am finally into the bonus round only to discover that the second to the last thing to to (put red button on machine, and make the levers at A1 B3, C2, & D1 and push the button) and PUSH THE BUTTON my game stops working!!! Artrrggggg! this is so upsetting! the "hand" shows up but the button wont go down meaning I cannot finish my game because that stops the conveyor belt and the puppet running it! I usually NEVER buy CE's predominently because i really cannot afford them but this game has been a real favorite and when you had the sale I thought well why not?? HERE"S WHY NOT! for the extra hour or so it took me I cannot complete the game in the last 10 minutes! I AM PIZZED! Anyone else?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 16, 12 5:56 PM
isis1313 wrote:Tonight the regular version of this game came up for tomorrow and when I tried to download it I got a message on my avg that it contained a trojan horse generic something or other. I know you check for viruses and have never had an issue before this in all the years I've been on here. Is it possible something slipped by or is my computer just picking up something that resembles a virus? It does have a tendency to do that when I uninstall a game- I get a leftover file that doesn't completely delete and goes in the the vault but I've seen those so often I know it's nothing to be concerned about. Another thing that I don't know if it's related or not, it does not show me the option of playing the demo it only shows buy it as an option in my game manager.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it's working fine now. Must have been a glitch.

Isis1313 - they do that so you cannot REPLAY a free trial. BFG always leaves "something" of every game you have ever played (even if you don't buy) on your computer "somewhere". I hate this but what can you do? It is impossible to remove - only BFG tech folks know how to do it then you have to let them "into" your computer remotely - NOT RECOMMENDED.... JMHO
Lean

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 16, 12 5:58 PM
RavynWytch wrote:I am in the bonus part of the game - I have placed the red button on the control panel, and attempt to use the code found earlier in the game, by sliding the things up and down. My issue is, I can't press the red button. so what's next? I'm stuck! every place i go, it tells me there's nothing for me to do!! HELP!

SAME HERE I AM PIZZED! Tell me did you ever get this to work?

Lean

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jun 16, 12 6:14 PM
Getting an access violation after retrieving the hose.
Access Violation 0x028C0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF) Program terminated.
I really don't want to uninstall and start over. Any ideas?

The game won't install

[Post New]by tonylovespat on Jun 28, 12 1:59 PM
I uninstalled this game mid-way thorugh due to hangup. Have tried to reinstall to no avail. However I reinstalled GAme Manager in case this was the problem, tried to install still no-go. Downloaded another game tirial and it worked fine. Suggestions.

echoscot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by echoscot on Jul 1, 12 4:58 PM
First time I have ever had a technical issue with bfg. I have read through this forum and tried the available solutions without result. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, NVidia GeForce graphics card, just updated the driver and tried again.

Part way into the first part of the game at random points, the game freezes and the video card shuts off. I have to reboot the PC to recover.

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Jul 16, 12 1:28 PM
I'm playing on my Mac and can't get the device in the darkened room (rack w/puppet) to accept the valve. Checked strategy guide, and that is what it says to do.
Can't continue game until this is solved!

???????????????

Just found the tip on finding the correct valve...thank you and hope I don't have half the problems I see here! LoLoLoL!

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 1:35:41 PM PST

[Post New]by travisthecat on Jul 17, 12 12:25 PM
Fantastic game but near the end I can't find the sun, possibly because I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and we don't see it much!!

Anjali24
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Anjali24 on Aug 17, 12 5:40 AM
This may sound funny, but:
Whenever I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen too fast (like, not in absolute slow motion), the options menu pops up. This is really annoying, because you'd expect to move around the cursor a lot in a game that is basically point-and-click... Is there anyone who has the same problem and might know how to fix it?

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 5:40:21 AM PST

Return to Joyville Collector's Edition technical issues: bonus chp. HOS

[Post New]by Subpoenathepastx on Jun 10, 13 11:28 AM
I am having a problem in the HOS for the bonus chapter in this game. You are supposed to be able to pick up the skates and headphones at the same time. (According to the bonus strategy guide!) I was able to get the headphones just fine. Yet when I try to click up on the ice skates it won't let me. I can see the skates, I just can't click on them. They are also my last object before I can move on to finishing the game. PLEASE HELP!!!

[Post New]by klb0113 on Aug 12, 13 12:21 AM
I cannot get the HOS after cutting the wires on the bomb under the theater. Specifically, I cannot get the paintbrush to touch the yellow paint and paint a sun. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. Please help!

[Post New]by Dtapackard on Sep 20, 13 1:25 AM
Downloaded the game to an ipad3 running iOS 7. Game will not start. Help?!

Go to: