Re:Reviews for Living Legends: Ice Rose

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Aug 21, 12 9:57 AM
Loved It! Great Game with all the perks. Really enjoyed playing this game. Smile...

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Aug 25, 12 10:02 PM
This was a very beautiful game, lovely graphics, very absorbing game play, of reasonable length, but there is a flaw. The ending was too abrupt. I purchased the SE but if I had known that the ending was this way, I would have bought the CE. It ended with Edward falling to the ground, his eyes glowing blue, and then you are brought back to the starting page. There weren't even any credits.

Having enjoyed the game all the way through, It was a big disappointment to see this kind of ending. The developers did not do a good job. They spoilt a perfectly wonderful game, making many gamers angry with the way the game ended. I hope they take our comments into consideration for their future games.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Sep 2, 12 4:36 AM
I really liked this game. Great graphic's. The story was good and the end was a promise to a sequel. The puzzles were fun and lot's of HOS. At one point I thought I had a flaw in the game and couldn't advance but finally found a way into another room. Buy it!!!!

Bogey_2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Bogey_2006 on Jan 1, 13 2:26 PM
I've played a LOT of HO games and enjoyed this one until the ending. It is just a game and not of great importance, but thought the ending was in poor taste as it left the doll broken-hearted. Plenty of ways to segue a sequel without this unsatisfying end for a player who spent money and time to play. Very poor taste, indeed.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jan 5, 13 4:06 PM
Add me to the long list of fishies who are upset at the ending of the Standard Edition of this game. I learned from one of the other posts that in order to have a conclusion to the game, one must purchase the Collector's Edition.

Do I think it is fair for a developer to add additional information to a story in a CE that has not been given in the SE version of the game? Yes, I do... IF, the SE version has a satisfying conclusion.

Do I think it is fair for a developer to have the only closure to a story in the CE version of the game when the story is chopped off and the player is left hanging with no satisfactory conclusion in SE version of the game? No... I definitely do not.

It's fine with me to get no strategy guide, concept art, bonus gameplay, etc., when I choose to purchase the Standard Edition of a game. If I pay less, I expect to get less. But if the game has a story to it, the Standard Edition of it should still have a story with closure of some kind. Otherwise, it feels like a rip-off. Developers who wish to conclude their stories only in the CE should be required to reveal this in some kind of "buyer beware" statement.

I am going to make a note of the name of the developers of this game so that prior to buying any of their SE games, I will be sure to inquire in the forum to see if it has an ending with closure. If not, I'll probably forget about purchasing the SE or the CE of the game. I don't like the idea of paying double for the CE of a game just so I can get an ending with closure.

Okay... end of rant.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by marshamank on Jan 21, 13 4:03 PM
I was very disappointed with the ending. What a let down. The story was good other than that, although it was difficult at times to find what the next step was.

[Post New]by lonersgalore on Mar 6, 13 1:32 PM
The first thing I look for in a game is graphics. If I don't immediately like what I see then I probably wont like the game. At first I was iffy about this one because the graphics weren't quite what I was used to (mainly the Ice Queen and Edward) but I decided that I wanted to see how it looked in game. Color me impressed! All the scenes were beautifully drawn and animated, the dialogue was written well, and the puzzles... Oh, the puzzles! I love puzzles. They were just challenging enough to really get me into solving them. The HOS (Hidden Object Scenes) were masterfully designed and some objects were so well hidden I had to use the Hint button just to find them.

The only thing I didn't like about this game was that it didn't have any voices. While my inner monologue was reading the voices well enough on its own I really would have enjoyed hearing how the characters sounded officially.

I definitely recommend Living Legends: Ice Rose to anyone looking for a casual yet exciting puzzle game. I eagerly look forward to getting the sequel! I will be purchasing more games from Big Fish in the future.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on May 2, 13 10:19 AM
I enjoyed the game, apart from the ending, it did not show if the man survived or not, after doing all of that, and not know, I'm gutted, I wish games would have a proper ending, or better still to be continued! not happy at all j62janet

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 5, 13 10:43 PM
This is a great game right up until the end, which ranks right up there as one of the worst endings ever. They could at least given us a five-second fade to black. Oh, well. Other than that, and the long refill time for the hint and skip buttons, I thought it was an enjoyable game with a good story.

Edited on 05/05/2013 at 10:46:37 PM PST

[Post New]by pisceschick on May 31, 13 4:06 PM
I needed to fill up my last punch on my May punch card, so I went ahead and bought this game after the demo (rather than the DD) even though I don't usually enjoy HOGs. I actually enjoyed myself, only skipped through two of the puzzles after giving it my all (one was the clock one, I couldn't get the legs into position).

annaroma wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:
Bobrob wrote:Loved the game,. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles but I am agan feeling let down and ripped off by the ending. Why not just leave games as CE if the standard edition is not going to finish things off. I am starting to get to the stage of why bother with any new games as this is happening more and more.
Even with a CE I bought recently I got to play the extra contet to complete the story only once and then it would not play again. Not a happy fishie!

(my bolds)

Couldn't agree more, what an ending, let down is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the full CE play, but this ending meant the whole game story was irrelevant. I even went back to the beginning and checked but got a message saying 'you have finished, do you want to replay'. Apart from that it was a lovely game to play and I played it through with only a lunch break, something few games recently have tempted me to do. But, devs, surely an alternative ending could have been done for us who are spent up.

SO, is this a penalty for not buying the CE. Shameful ending... bad practice.

....Until this. Shameful, indeed.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Jun 1, 13 9:16 PM
I really loved this game! The music was beautiful and I just sat back and listened. I assume there will be a a sequel...I hope.

Go to: